Inventions | Pad Patter 2.26

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Feb 26, 2023.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

While I'm sitting here scrapping, I'm watching M3GAN and it got me wondering... If you could invent something, what would it be?
    I think I would invent either something that would put clean sheets on my bed for me or an automatic laundry folder :giggle
    What would your invention be?

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Definitely putting sheets on.....I hate doing fitted ones with a passion!

A self ironing station would be great as well.....that would be much appreciated by me! I lived with someone for a few years who loved ironing and did it weekly and would fret if she had too much to do and used to make me feel very guilty (not on purpose but when she's doing it and you don't....)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
    IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

Gosh, yes! Ironing. I hate it!! My mom always enjoyed it and I just never understood lol

littlekiwi likes this.
  4. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I always wanted to make like a tanning bed but.. a bed that would zap all the hair off your body..except your head....so you would lay In it..and it would be just your body and your feet and head would Hang out and maybe your hands too..and you would close lid..and zap.. all hair be gone... lol ... no hairy legs.. who who.. or what so ever..

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

a teleportation device so I could travel quickly and easily anywhere in the world

bellbird, IntenseMagic, cfile and 2 others like this.
  6. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I haven't heard of M3GAN, so I need to check it out. My mind immediately jumps to doing something big ... like inventing a mechanism to definitively diagnose any illness or even better, something that could provide insights into cures for common illnesses.

IntenseMagic, cfile and jk703 like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yes! Zap all those darn chin hairs that I can't even see, but I can feel! :rofl

IntenseMagic and dotcomkari like this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This would be mine too. My friends and I used to talk about this all the time after college when we weren't living in the same places anymore. And how cool would it be to go on "vacation" for just a day or two to places far away if the traveling part wasn't an issue!??! You could even come home at night and sleep in your own bed!

9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Mine is more something that would help me... but I love the ideas of one to diagnose and heal people with diseases.

Have you seen the Jetsons? I want a conveyor belt system where I stand there.... then the shower happens, hair is done, and make up done, and then clothes pulled out. That. I want that. :giggle Either that, or the machine that you press a button and you can get the meal. That too!

I have hope. If you look at the cartoon, it's from 1962... it had video phone calls, robot vacuums, robot assistants. We have some of those things easily, and some are on their way.... It took place in 2062 so maybe some more things are on the way in the next 30 years, haha

Oh and M3GAN looks so funny to me! A kind of modern Chucky. That and Cocaine Bear. I'll be laughing hysterically if I see those in the theater.

IntenseMagic and cfile like this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Mine would be an automatic house cleaner :)

Re painting, I always wished we could have something like photo shop with a flood fill :)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Definitely an invention to cure cancer.

12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

a way of finding out where it was I put my glasses.

bellbird and IntenseMagic like this.
  13. IntenseMagic

Oh wow!! Yes!! I love this idea!! That would be awesome!!

I would love that!!

Love your big thinking!!

Oooh yes! I love the conveyor belt idea!! I love the idea of all things Jetson!

Oh yeah!! I hate painting, so the flood fill would be amazing!

Yes, definitely!!

Oh for sure!! That's why I keep a pair of readers in like every room of the house!

And the little moustache hairs that I hate dealing with!

14. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Easy! Time machine!

bellbird likes this.
  15. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

I'm with Eva on this one. I would love to be able to go back and talk to my mother and other people that I miss so much.

tanteva likes this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

:hide isn't that called a vending machine? (or i call it a a frzen meal and the microwave) they have basically what you described for any meal you can imagine pretty much in japan as far as my kids language classes and youtube have informed me (that is the stuff they really remember from classes but they've shown me doco style videos as proof - not that you want your youtube spammed with all those but the Jetsons thing - i'm onboard with that, why haven't we made that happen yet?! )

17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

genius - you need to pitch this on some SharkTank kind of show - if they can do the IPL hand held laser thingy, then this is surely the next evolution of that - someone, somewhere has the brains and technology to hack an old tanning bed and make this happen! although, the guniea pig, prototype stage when they're still fine tuning it would be scary... but it's about the big picture, right?

dotcomkari likes this.
  18. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

this actually made me laugh out loud - i'm also sorry this is a real problem but all i can think is you need Apple / Android (or just your clever kiddos ) to put something in them that means your phone can GPS locate them! maybe like they microchip pets?!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm still amazed/miffed that if Wonka Vision could exist in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory back when i was a kid (or before really) that we haven't had someone inspired by that to get the whole 'teleport through the telly' thing happening. Sure the kid got shrunk or dispersed or something but it was still under testing so i'd like an update on where the Oompaloompas are on that - And don't get me started on flying cars - I feel like we should all be driving Delorians these days; covid must have really slowed down all the inventor and science peeps or changed their priorities or something !
    (read all that with the sarcastic tone intended please - i completely understand why their priorities were sidetracked)

20. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

When you watch the cartoon, lol, it's like getting a hot fresh meal from the touch of a button. I'm sure it's available other places, but not in my house, haha!

jetsons.jpg [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.