Who's Making Valentine's Day Cards?

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by mocamom, Feb 3, 2023.

1. mocamom

mocamom Runs on coffee. And with scissors.

Here's another card. I have so many people to make cards for and only a week left - EEK!!!! But this one is for an eight year old little boy who loves puzzles. I made it using Still Falling by Bella Gypsy.

[​IMG]

SeattleSheri, ninigoesdigi and Dalis like this.
  2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Sorry, maybe! LOL!!!!! Yes, my favorite medium is watercolors, but there might be a bit of alcohol markers in there too. Robin, Watercolors are about patience, you go little by little. My cards usually have about 7-10 layers of watercolors. I have a YouTube account and explain how I color my images: https://www.youtube.com/@stamprgrl

3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

So glad you asked the question.... I might just make time to make a card for my dear husband. If I get something made I will share it... maybe the next Love Our Designer Designer might be a good one to inspire me to create something.

4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

A junk journal is a "book" you can put anything in, including actual junk (ha ha). You can use a journal, a planner, a printed book, or make your own - just something with pages. I am using a brand new 2021 planner I got for 25 cents. You can art journal, journal, collect stickers, things, etc. Do a Google search and lots will come up!

We have a Scrap Exchange store that I visit and they have the junk journal on display. They took the word junk literally but they also sewed the pages onto a binding to make the book. IMG_20230201_130114615.jpg

5. mocamom

I love this idea of a junk journal. Oh man, I didn't think I needed another project @BevG , but now I think I do! Anne-Marie @A-M I'd love to see it here if you do make one! I bet it will be wonderful :)

I made a card for my daughter who loves birds. It folds flat and fits into a regular envelope, so it won't cost extra to mail. I love that Lynne-Marie's kit, Soulmates, works so well for this holiday!
    [​IMG]

SeattleSheri and BevG like this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@mocamom - That card is so vey cute!!!

7. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

I made a pop up card to my husband. He has been binging bird videos on ticktock lately, I thought this would fit perfect :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. mocamom

Wow, Wow, Wow Ann-Sofie!! This entire card is gorgeous!! I love the 3D effect and to be honest, I hadn't thought of doing the offset in anything but white, but after seeing this, I will play around more with color. But can you tell me how you did the cover? I want to scraplift that!

9. Annsofie

This is so cute Robin!

10. Annsofie

Do you mean the colored part? It was so easy it’s almost embarrassing to admit it :) I cut out (digitally) a square in the black and white print and put the card with the colored print under and adjusted the size to fit with the b/w prints and merged them together. I’m not sure I’m explaining it well in English, I hope you understand what I mean :)

11. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I made a card for my daughter with Sprinkles Cupcake giftcard
    [​IMG]

Annsofie and SeattleSheri like this.
  12. mocamom

That is so cute Dawn! Did you use a pen on your machine to write the messages, or did you use your own handwriting? I love this!

13. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Thanks Robin! Since I was printing out the papers, I just printed the writing on the paper. Then attached all the other elements.

14. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I'm so jealous of these cards/projects! I am super duper busy at work (lots of travel) and unfortunately have zero time to do fun things! I miss the days when I was able to make my kids' Valentine day cards!

15. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I used LOD designer - Valorie Wibbens for creating my quick card to give to my husband.
    It was just printed out and attached to white cardstock - nothing fancy as I have a long list of other things I need to do today.
    [​IMG]

mywisecrafts likes this.
  16. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

I did this for my daughter to give to her friends.
    [​IMG]

17. mocamom

This is so pretty! I bet he loved it. I swear homemade simple is just as well received as store bought fancy :)

18. mocamom

OHHHHHH I love this!!!! I bet her friends loved it too. How many did you have to make? Wow!

19. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Just 8. Lol.