Who's Making Valentine's Day Cards?

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by mocamom, Feb 3, 2023.

1. mocamom

mocamom Runs on coffee. And with scissors.

I thought it'd be fun to post Valentine's Day Cards in one spot so we can get new ideas for our own cards. If you make any this month, feel free to add to this thread and we will all ohhh and ahhhh over them :)

I'll go first with this shaker card I made using February BYOC collection Still Falling by Bella Gypsy. I made the shaker heart and then put it on a recycled card I had. This was my first time of making one of these, and I have to tell you the clear plastic often got lost on my table!! I just used the plastic that the sequins came in, and I swear I could never find it! Anyway, here is my first one!
    [​IMG]

I also made this card using Heart Shape Cut Out from Scrapping with Liz Cut out as well as the same Still Falling collection. I cut out the heart SVG from the pattern paper, and then I welded that same shape to a rectangle which I used as a base of my card. Once I folded the rectangle in half, and glued the pattern paper on top, I had a cute card! I did note that I didn't quite fold it in half, but I was okay with the final product since it's going to an 8 year old hehe
    [​IMG]

2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Both cards are so cute!

I don’t make cards but my mom usually stamps some for my kids for Valentine’s Day.

3. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I made a little Valentine's Book for my hubby. I'll tuck it into his lunch bag if I can on Valentines Day...if not, I'll sneak it into his jacket pocket. Gonna add some chocolates too. Middle row are some sample pages. I made a mini envelope. I also have a mini tag with our saying You + Me = We.

[​IMG]

4. mocamom

I've not stated with stamps yet (seems like an expensive rabbit hole I know I'd get sucked into once I began!), but I'd love to see how other people use them. Do you have a photo? Just in case I give in and want to try some hehehe

umyesh likes this.
  5. mocamom

Dang Lisa!! Those are seriously cute!! Did you use washi tape to secure the pages together? I usually do something for February for my kids, and this may work out perfectly!

6. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

This page shows my mom’s card from last year:
    B6DA23D4-69DB-4D5E-9908-FA508E7711DE.jpeg

SeattleSheri likes this.
  7. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

These cards are both so cute! Love how both the shaker heart and the cut out hearts gives dimension to the cards.

8. Annsofie

Such a great idea! Love the little envelopes and the size is perfect. Valentine day isn’t a big deal here in Sweden, but I really want to do some projects, because it’s so fun with this Love theme.

9. Annsofie

Stamping and card making was the first thing that introduced me to scrapbooking, but it really is a rabbit hole! I haven’t used my stamps in a long time, but I can’t get rid of them, I love them to much. I stamped and painted this card for my mother 10 years ago.

10482F7A-FEB3-4AED-8922-8FA73810DC34.jpeg

tanteva likes this.
  10. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Ha! I am the same way. Got started with Stampin' UP. It's great fun to go hybrid and combine the love of digital scrapbooking with paper crafts!

Your card is extra lovely! So cute.

Annsofie and mocamom like this.
  11. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

I am not making cards, but I am making little treat boxes for my daughter to give to her friends. I'll be back once they hit a stage worth taking a photo of. LOL.

12. mocamom

Oh I LOVE that. And I'm totally stealing the saying hehehe. Thanks for the inspiration, Monica!

umyesh likes this.
  13. mocamom

Thank you!!! I love your stamped card and greatly admire your ability to color that stamp in. Seriously. When I color, it looks like a 5 year old did it. I love it! And I know what you mean about not throwing anything out. So..... can I challenge you to make a card or planner page this month with one??? See, I'm helping you hehe!

Annsofie likes this.
  14. mocamom

Ohh knowing how talented you are, I'm sure they will be GORGEOUS! And yes, please post photos here! Pretty please :)

15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Not a card, but playing with Valentines Day paper in my Junk Journal.
    [​IMG]

SeattleSheri and dawnmarch like this.
  16. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Not posted in the gallery due to low amount of TLP content, but also made this "mess" in my Junk Journal. Some of the paper is leftovers from cutting out the hexagons used above, but it is rather buried.
    IMG_20230206_154716782.jpg

SeattleSheri likes this.
  17. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Love your junk journal pages! I am hoping to find time to make a V'day-themed junk/art journal page.

BevG likes this.
  18. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

19. mocamom

Okay, inquiring minds want to know, what is a junk journal? I love the way it looks, but do you journal in it or is it a creative outlet, kinda like art therapy? Again, it's gorgeous!!

20. mocamom

Oh I just got sucked into your IG account. You are a FABULOUS card maker. Did you use watercolors on the ones with stamps? I am so jealous that you can use those since I fail each and every time! Thank you for the inspiration!!

Dalis likes this.