Bagels | Pad Patter 1.15

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 15, 2023.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

It's National Bagel Day! Gosh, I love bagels!
    National-Bagel-Day-1-640x514.jpg

My favorites are cinnamon raisin and blueberry, warm them a little and top them with a delicious cream cheese! Yum!! But I will honestly eat any of them!

Do you enjoy bagels?
    Do you have a favorite?
    Anything on them?
    Warmed or toasted?

I seriously want a bagel now :giggle

trekmom and umyesh like this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Mmm... I want a bagel now too! :giggle I love the cinnamon crunch bagels from Panera (warmed up) with a pile of plain cream cheese on top. They are NOT healthy, but so tasty. I haven't had one of those in years. people used to bring them into work sometimes, but then when covid happened, bringing snacks in to share was banned for awhile and nobody has really started that trend back up again yet. I guess that's a good thing because I don't need treats at my fingertips anyway. Lol!

trekmom likes this.
  3. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

I love bagels. My favs are Everything, Chocolate Chip and the Hashbrown Bagel from Einstein's. (I will agree that the Cinnamon Crunch bagel from Panera is good.)

I always want them toasted. Usually with plain cream cheese but occasionally just butter. I also do mustard sometimes on a sesame seed or poppy seed bagel.

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Not a big fan of bagels. However, when I was going to college I lived 2 hours away from home. My dad worked construction and one of his jobs for about 18 months was in a town that I went by on the interstate. So once in awhile when I was heading home on a Friday, I would swing by his work site when he got off work and pick him up to come home. But, we always had to stop at a small shop that sold bagels. He would run in and get a bag of garlic bagels because Mom would be making spaghetti for dinner (all these were prearranged). I did have to stop and drop him off to pick up his car. He met up with the superintendent of the job so he didn't have to drive the whole way. The bagels replaced the garlic bread we usually made.

I don't really eat a lot of bread. I have to take it in small doses. A bagel is just too much dough for me.

trekmom likes this.
  5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love bagels too! I like to switch off between sweet (cinnamon bagel with honey almond cream cheese) and savory (garlic or everything bagel with garden veggies cream cheese). I prefer them toasted with cream cheese. I’m the only one in my family who loves them so I treat myself to one every once in awhile.

RebeccaH likes this.
  6. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I've never eaten a bagel. :giggle

7. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

LOVE!
    There is something about the texture of a perfectly toasted bagel with cream cheese that belongs in the list of the best things in life!
    I most often eat Everything bagels, but I’ve never had a bagel I didn’t like. For a treat, I love Panera Bread’s cinnamon crunch bagel with honey walnut cream cheese! SOOOOO good!

8. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I love bagels. All sorts.

But my favorite is a bit more like a doughnut or sweet bread - the Panera Bread Cinnamon Crunch Bagel....with a close second being the Chocolate Chip Bagel.

I love a good bagel sandwich too - egg and cheese on a Everything Bagel - YUM!

9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Do you enjoy bagels? Yes, yum!
    Do you have a favorite? Probably Everything, Salt (though I wipe 90% of it off) or Plain
    Anything on them? Butter, or a sandwich...
    Warmed or toasted? Neither usually.

We have really good bagels in NJ (NY area too).... it's so weird, I don't know why, but it's never the same anywhere else. Someone once told me it was the water and something about mineralization that was over my head. Our bagels are soft, chewy, flavorful, not dry and not quite like bread.

I have no idea if the water part is true... but if you ever come here, you will either eat a bagel and be ruined anywhere else, or don't eat the bagel so you don't ruin all other bagels. :giggle

10. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I have half a bagel every day for breakfast -- I love them. I mostly have whole wheat to try to be a little healthier. I grew up in NY and so I love "real" bagels but I've come to accept and like the ones here in AZ. When I go visit my sister in NJ, I always demand that we get breakfast from her local bagel place, called Time For a Bagel or T Fab for short. Those bagels are divine and I bring a bunch back to freeze.

jk703 likes this.
  11. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I like them, but they aren't something I normally buy. I like the cinnamon and raisin variety, toasted and spread with honey butter.

12. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm low carb/keto so don't usually eat regular bagels but luckily there are a few options here for low carb non-wheat bagels. I like a plain bagel with garlic herb whipped cream cheese and everything seasoning sprinkled overtop. My second fave is a blueberry bagel with cream cheese and a bit of sugar free jam.

13. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

My favorite is actually sesame seed - toasted with mozzarella cheese melted on it with a tomato slice and lemon pepper. YUM!!!

Iowan likes this.
  14. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Yes I do like bagels but I'm pretty certain the pre-packaged ones we get here in the UK aren't a patch on those you would buy directly from a bakery over there.

Plus the choice is VERY limited. Plain bagels I like to have with cream cheese, smoked salmon and slices of cucumber. I'll occasionally have the cinnamon and raison ones which I have wither either honey or chocolate spread (because, hey, they aren't sweet enough already!).

15. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I love Asiago bagels from Panera, but since starting my lifestyle change at the end of November have not had any as they blow my calorie count for the day out of the water!

16. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Do you enjoy bagels? Yes!
    Do you have a favorite? Two favs: cinnamon raisin, and sesame
    Anything on them? Cream cheese
    Warmed or toasted? Toasted, just until the edges turn golden-brown

I love bagels, but see them as a special treat rather than as everyday breakfast fare (maybe because I insist on slathering my toasted bagel with a generous amount of cream cheese!)

jk703 likes this.