Are you a collector | Pad Patter 01.07.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by ArmyGrl, Jan 7, 2023.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I used to collect pens, books, magazines, writing pads/paper, tupperware, fridge magnets and more. When we started purging and packing up the house to move to a new city and home, I donated a lot and now I am the opposite of how I was before. I only have a few of everything and haven't felt the need to start collecting again. Never thought that would happen LOL.

2. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I collected a few quirky things when I was younger (folk art carvings, pez dispensers) but now I am much more of a minimalist and affirmatively try NOT to collect things. Tchotchkes or knick knacks make me feel uncomfortable -- all that dusting! :lol The one thing I do collect is film cameras but not for the sake of collecting them so much; rather, I like to go out and actually use them. Each camera has it's own style and personality and it teaches me more about photography. We also get a Christmas ornament on most vacations -- it's fun every year to take them out of the box and be reminded of our family trips when we decorate the tree. And then I can take them down and pack them away -- so no dusting!! :lol

3. estir_bune

estir_bune No, it's snot

I have 36 different wax stamps, a bunch of different colored waxes, a shelf full of pretty note cards, and a plethora or writing pens... I guess I collect stationery stuff! But in my defense I will say that I write letters so I use what I collect...

bestcee likes this.
  4. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

Oh my where shall I begin lol

Like @tanteva said I am a hoarder too but I'm getting better with age lol (suprisingly lol) thanks to Japan's tradition of a big house cleaning before the new year to avoid bad spirits to stick to a dirty house and welcome good spirits in for the new year. Superstitious much? Yes TTOTALLY!!
    Anyway, I have less things now but I am a hoarder of digi stuff like many of us, I also like perfume miniatures since I was in junior high school, I still buy from time to time but much less now.
    I also used to be a stamp collector. I still have my parents collection in France and some of what I continued to assemble when I was young but I got heart broken when I lost part of what I had here in Japan after the flood of our appartment after the tsunami. I never recovered and don't buy anymore. But also my attention just switched to digscrap so maybe that's the true reason.

I have a set of Le Creuset magnets on my fridge too lol but I cleaned up the rest cause it looked too cluttered to my taste and don't know what to do with it but I can't get rid of them just yet.

@tanteva you need to watch Marie Kondo Netflix series and The Home Edit. I love reorgagnizing my house and follow their inspiration te he he

tanteva likes this.
  5. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I have Marie Kondo on my list on Netflix, but ... I'm afraid she will force me to throw away things. LOL I do follow Clutterbug on Youtube, and she's really inspiring. Have made some really good organization thanks to her. Problem for me is that I have Adhd and it's really hsrd to keep up with things. But ... baby steps!

6. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I collect blue willow pottery ... I now have six shelves full top to bottom and also some in my hutches... I have other blue and white pottery as well but the blue willow is my most cherished

Attached Files:

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I only collect digital photos, scrapbooks, and digital journal entries nowadays.

I never collected a lot. I used to say I collected books, but I don't even want a lot of books anymore and rarely buy them, instead making great use of my library.

8. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I collect tote bags, tea towels, and vintage tins.

I used to collect books, but it just got out of hand (the books were taking over my living space!) and I had to cull my collection.

9. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

I collect shoes, but just the one that I really LOVE, yarns (I'm a crocheter) and e-books (all saved in a EHD). And of course, I too collect digital scrapbooking stuff.

10. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

this reminds me of some pattern like, at a library dislay case

2017-02-16 17.14.17.jpg 2017-02-16 17.16.45.jpg

11. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We are quite opposite of "collectors"- we are purgers! lol! Our ONE bookshelf has only a handful of our most favorite books. Besides digital scrapbook supplies :giggle, the only thing I would say that I collect would be the starbucks mugs when we travel- I added these 4 from trips last summer:
    [​IMG]

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Do dust bunnies count? :giggle
    I'm not really a collector of anything except maybe office supplies. I like throwing things out too much to collect new stuff.

michelepixels likes this.
  13. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I use to collect angels, now it is plants, but I have to stop. When the weather gets cold, my DH moves them all in the garage or inside. I have 1 room that is is partially just for plants.

14. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

No. Those are considered pets. Don't forget to feed them!

michelepixels likes this.
  15. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I definitely collect digital scrapbooking products rofl.... ;)
    I also apparently collect coloring books now....I recently started adult coloring and every book I think is cute I end up buying it. rofl....it's bit me in the butt a few times as when I went to color in them, I actually didn't like the style of it .... so I'm learning to figure out what I actually enjoy coloring and what I just like seeing other people color. rofl

Hmm I don't think there's much more I collect. I tend to be very minimalist and don't like clutter etc.

16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oh! I love this tradition!

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I collect pens - especially color ones with fine tips - the finer the better so far! I use them, but I'm sure I have way more than 1 person could use in a lifetime.
    We collect ornaments - one from each vacation we take. We also buy one each year if we didn't take a vacation that goes with the year. Like 2021 we bought one from our town. We also collect Legos. This year, we bought some Harry Potter Moments books, and I ended up going online to find all the ones we didn't have because we liked them so much.
    Photos I collect. Memories I collect. And DigiScrap supplies I collect. I could purge the supplies more, but I'd rather collect another EHD.... :lol

Other than that, I like to purge things. I might collect something when I'm in a hobby phase, but then I'll let it go because I've moved on. I also like to go through and get rid of things because I've moved a bunch. Plus, my MIL is a hoarder, so whenever I see photos of her house or have to go through and get rid of things for her, I feel the need to purge my stuff more.

Books we have, I don't know if it's a collection. I used to have a physical cookbook collection, but I've moved it to digital because cookbooks take up a lot of space!

I collect interesting nativities. I like to buy a new one every few years, but if there's not one that speaks to me, then I skip that year. I like them because I can set them out and enjoy them, but put them away at the end of the season. Not much dusting required! My collection is small because a lot of our Christmas stuff got ruined in 2018. So, I'm more picky now about which ones I grant space to in my life.

18. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I am a collector/hoarder of so many things. That said I am trying very hard not to add anything to my current collections or start a new collection.

19. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I love plants too! I have around 25 right now. I also love books. Browsing the used book store is one of my favorite things to do. We have bookshelves in every room in our house.

As a family, we collect magnets of different places we've been to. I try to buy a book from every new place we visit.

20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I don't really collect anything other than hobbies. Lol. And probably my scrapbooks count as a collection since I have 20+ of them. :giggle And of COURSE I collect digital scrapbooking kits.

Memaw2Wm likes this.