My new computer is here!!!!! Happy dance!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by ninigoesdigi, Jan 6, 2023.

1. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

My old computer was on the brink of death last December and still now actually. I managed to wait until the end of the year (a little more money coming in to spend on a real good computer :agree) to finally buy a new computer.
    Right after I knew I was moving here my wifi connection even broke and I had to use my husband's computer to upload and prepare my store... which was a blessing in disguise cause all this time my uploading speed was at its weakest and it would take me a night to upload something whether it took minutes to do it from my husband's computer. IN THE SAME HOUSE WITH THE SAME WIFI NETWORK!!! I was so in shock I PMed Soco on FB just to tell her that lol
    Thank you @Soco for always be there to listen to my silly ranting :crazy3

The last 2 weeks were even worth cause I had to delete some Adobe programs just to be able to scrap a bit. I kept Bridge and Photoshop until the very end.

Anyway, I was expecting it yesterday and it didn't make the delivery cut so I got it today at noon. I even tested uploads to my server to see the difference and bam!! IT IS FAST LIKE FOR HUBBY lol All those last final years ot time wasted just uploading stuff. I still can't believe it.

Soooo, right now I am trying to save my old computer's data to the new one, all my scraps and such are going to take time to save on my portable SSD but it's OK. As long as they are saved and I can safely put them in my new baby, all is good. Same goes for my designs stuff. I will have to split cause even 1TB won't do it lol

I am so excited, pumped and thrilled, all the adjectives you can imagine :circles, I had to come here and share.

When all is back to normal again on my new baby, I will be able to work normally again. YAY. I sure hope working with 3 adobe programs, sometimes 4 if I use Lightroom for my photos, will go smoothly than before. No more computer freeze! Or screen glitch because the graphic card is way outdated. But just in case, cross fingers for me!!! :happy

Ga_L, umyesh, Memaw2Wm and 5 others like this.
  2. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

Oh yippee yay!!! Sounds like my old/new pc issues too... welcome to the fast lane! Soooooooo very very happy for you.

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I know exactly how you felt, I went through the same thing with my old laptop nearly a year ago now and can’t believe I waited that long as my new pc is soo much better.

HavaDrPepper and ninigoesdigi like this.
  4. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Oh, the joy! I remember when I got my new computer. It's such a nice feeling. Now it begins to be a bit slow, but I hope I can squeeze at least one more year out of it. Can't really afford a new one now.

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  5. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

Yay for new computers! I just got a new solid-state drive (1 terrabyte) put into my laptop for Christmas and now Photoshop and Lightroom open lightning fast- it is so awesome! This is my operating drive and I also have a 1 terrabyte second drive (not solid state) that is my data drive and holds all photos and scrap supplies. (I need to clean that drive off a bit and export stuff to one of my backup external drives so I have some more space.) My husband had quite a fun time mirroring my old internal drive and installing the new one- he is an engineer and loves to do that kind of thing!

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  6. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

7. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

So excited for you, Nini! Have fun getting everything set up!

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  8. Soco

Soco Shhhhhh. Just shhhhhh.

Yay!!! :circles I'm so happy for you! I totally understand how you feel! :fairydance

:badputer :giggle

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yep, know the feeling. My old computer wasn't that old but man, what a difference the new computer made. I think my old one was a "lemon" from the beginning.

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  10. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Yay!! I always dread switching to a new computer but it’s so wonderful when you’re up and running at light speed!

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  11. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Oh joy, oh rapture! A new, working computer can be a lifesaver. Good luck.
    :compcoffee

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  12. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Yay!!! Enjoy your new "baby!"

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  13. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Yay! New is fun and fast is even better! Enjoy!

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  14. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

good luck with your new computer and I'm happy for you

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  15. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

Yay! Congrats on the new computer.

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  16. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Congrats to you!!! I know what uploading can be like- and how amazing a new machine can be.
    [​IMG]
    Best to you in your file transfers!!!

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  17. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

18. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Yay for a new (and lightning-fast) computer!

I also got a new laptop last week (after the kitty spilled tea all over my old machine, and basically killed it). My new laptop is so much faster, I can hardly believe it. It's taking me a lot longer than I would have expected to get things set up on the new computer (installing software, transferring files, and so on), but I am very excited to have a new and shiny (and fast!) machine.

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  19. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i afraid to look at my new msi laptop

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's so exciting for you to have a brand new and fast computer! Have fun setting it up @ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi likes this.