Holiday Cleanup | Pad Patter January 2nd

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I usually take mine down within a week of Christmas. This year I was going to wait until after New Year since we were supposed to have family in town, but then they ended up not coming...so I had some extra time and put it all away 2 days after Christmas.

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

we had a small scale, coffee table tree this year because renovations took up the room we'd usually stick the 6 foot tree in - and even though one of the birds in particular keeps investigating it and trying to pull baubles off or bite them, it's still up today (jan 4) and i have no plans to take it down yet - i also love the minimalist ikea wreath on the front door - it's just fake vine leaves without ornaments or overthe top glittery stuff so it just feels like a bit of joy (except that the spiders keep filling the open middle space with webs, that might be the thing that makes me take it down and not just leave it up for the rest of the month!

bestcee likes this.
  3. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I’m a teacher (well not really anymore but I’m still working in education) so I usually put everything away the weekend before school starts again. That would be this weekend and I’m cleaning up this weekend indeed.
    I have an artificial tree so no problem with dying trees.

bestcee likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I took down the tree and most everything inside the last two days. I pulled the ornaments off the tree and gathered stuff during the Winter Classic (hockey) on January 2, and then Nick and I put the tree away last night. I'm leaving up a few of the window candles through the winter because I really like the soft light they give. We put the tree up early this year when my mom visited in November, so I was okay with it coming down. I like to have it all put away after New Years Day. I like having it up for New Years Eve.

Munchkin is still off school this week, so he's been helping get stuff cleaned up after Christmas. Also, it feels like an incredibly long Christmas break this year!!!

5. ashanddiz

ashanddiz Well-Known Member

I packed up all our stuff Thursday and Friday. But then our crawl space storage flooded after a huge rain/snow storm, and a bunch of our totes tipped over and got soaked. Was able to salvage some, but not all. Now I wish I had waited!! :cry

6. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

We had a few warm days the week following Christmas, so we took down outside lights and decorations then. And actually we decided to divide and conquer that day, so while hubby and I took down outside, two of our kids disassembled the tree and put ornaments away. We got it all cleaned and put away in one day.

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oh no!! I'm so sorry! It really sucks when stuff gets damaged by weather!

A bunch of our stuff got water damage when we lived in Vegas (Say what?!?!?) and we lost a bunch. It's not fun at all, but on the bright side, I'm really glad for all the photos I took of the tree and such in previous years to remember them. And some of the new stuff is better than our old stuff was.

ashanddiz likes this.
  8. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

How awful, glad you were able to salvage some of the stuff.

My basement frequently floods, so I’ve learned to keep everything off the floor, of course my housemates forget, so stuff still gets ruined now and again.

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I took all of my Christmas stuff down on December 28th this year. I like decorating, but it's so much clutter and I am usually pretty quick to take it all down and put it away again. Lol.

10. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I don't put many decorations up just our tree and few ornaments. Our Christmas tree comes down New Years Eve, because we have a real tree by then the needles have started to drop. I like to get everything down and packed away before the start of the new year. The tree gets cut up and put in our green recycling waste bag to be collected by our local council.