WW (Weight Watchers)

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by littlekiwi, Mar 22, 2020.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@Laura ODonnell I did app only, I couldn’t justify the price difference down here plus it was during multiple pandemic lockdowns where there weren’t any physical meetings anyway (the closest physical meeting wouldn’t have worked for me anyway, too far by public transport as I don’t drive and wrong time of day for me to be super consistent with attendance anyway). I actually found following some local Australian and New Zealand WW ambassadors on Instagram amd being on a couple of local WW Facebook groups gave me enough support.

2. Laura ODonnell

Laura ODonnell Well-Known Member

@littlekiwi yes, there is quite a price difference. For me it was 15/month for the app only and 49/month for meetings. And I was surprised that the meeting price was for zoom or in person. I would think that if you did the zoom there would be a price somewhere in the middle. My local meeting place has greatly reduced the amt of in person days and times. I willlook around on IG. There are some YouTubers I’ve found who are pretty helpful. Mostly now they’re talking about the changes from Personal Points to the new plan.

3. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i signed up about 6 weeks ago. i was loving it, but i'm not super thrilled with the update to the program. however, i am signed up for 6 months, so i'm in it for the long haul!

4. Laura ODonnell

@RebeccaH what did you like better about Personal Points?

the last time I did weight watchers from Jan-March 2020 it was when they had the purple/blue/green program. I was doing purple which only gave me 16 a day but there were so many zero point foods like wheat noodles, brown rice, oatmeal, potatoes. Now with this new program I’m trying to see if eating like purple and tracking will keep me around my 23 points of this new plan and most days it’s around that number

5. RebeccaH

I liked that the personal points allowed more zero-point food options for those of us who don't lean heavily on meat and dairy. I am limited on types of meat my stomach can tolerate, and I don't do dairy. So Ii built meals around potatoes and brown rice, as well as beans, lentils, and veggies. Then I would fill in with a little bit of meat or seafood. Personal points would allow for that approach without using points for it.

Now, to eat a potato or a cup of brown rice is 6 points, making it harder to fit them into the day. The zero point foods that they added to my list were all fat-free dairy, lean meat, and tofu. The dairy & tofu do me no good, and the meat I use so minimally that it's not very beneficial to me.

It is what it is, though. I signed up on a 6 month promotion, so I'm stuck paying until April or May anyway. So I am trying to make it work and see how it goes. :)

I did it for a few months back when it was blue/green/purple, and I was on the purple too. I liked that a lot because it had the zero point foods you mentioned.

I feel like our culture has spent quite a bit of time villainizing plant-based sugars and carbs. I have had incredible success with my weight and health when I lean on those things for my foundation. I just went back on ww to help me be accountable and be more mindful of my decision-making.

6. Laura ODonnell

Oh wow, @RebeccaH I can see where this would be tough. So the plan really went from super customized to one size fits all.

RebeccaH likes this.
  7. RebeccaH

Basically, yes. On the bright side, with the program change I gained 6 daily points, so I guess that can offset one potato!! lol

8. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Way back machine for me. I did it in 94, when you went to meetings every week and had to weigh in. You counted calories based on the weight you needed to loose and you paid a fee at every meeting in cash (oh no the horror). My DH and I did it and it worked. We got a pin!

RebeccaH likes this.
  9. Laura ODonnell

Sharon I do remember paying every meeting but I think I always had points. There was talk that points replaced exchanges (I think?) this was in 1999 after I had my daughter.

Has everyone seen these recipe cards from the 1970’s? They always make me laugh
    https://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html