Your Special Dish | Pad Patter 11.16

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by LoveItScrapIt, Nov 16, 2022.

1. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My mom and I named our recipe "Choco-Scotch Clusters" since you were supposed to drop them in clusters on wax paper.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Ahh! See, that's where the deviation is... ours are all the same ingredients it sounds, but ours are in a 9x13 pan and you cut them like brownies. Never thought to make clusters out of them. :)

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'd say for meals, the one everyone loves is my coconut shrimp, which I happened to make last night. Lol. For potluck type gatherings I have a dish called "bean bake" that has baked beans, butter beans, kidney beans, burger, bacon and then lots of sugar among other things and everyone always goes nuts for them. Not healthy, but they are super yummy and I don't really even like regular baked beans.

LoveItScrapIt and RebeccaH like this.
  4. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I would say I lived a pretty mobile and busy life that did not lend to me preparing my own foods. I was very lucky to spend quite a few years in a city with an excellent grocery store. I picked up pre-made dinners in a tin...but these were FRESH meats and vegetables. Pop these in the oven for 20 - 40 mins (depending on meal) and voila - healthy, tasty, meal. So, I'm kinda like Jennifer @littlekiwi in that I do not really have a go-to meal I make.

I have always wanted to be a good cook, however, and dabble in the kitchen. For my hubby, a go-to pleaser is semi-homemade potpies. The innards are made in a pot with fresh chicken and vegetables. Those are put into a ramekins and topped with store-bought croissant dough and for extra crispiness, an egg wash.

5. HavaDrPepper

Yeah, I usually put them in a 9x13 pan and cut them into squares. Much easier!

RebeccaH likes this.
  6. RebeccaH

After responding to you the last time, i kept thinking about trying to make those as clusters... feels like the chocolate on top would have the potential to turn into a hot mess!!! At least the way I tend to bake!! :giggle

7. RebeccaH

Would LOVE the coconut shrimp recipe if you would be willing to share! I am looking for some new and yummy ways to work more seafood into our diet. I just always feel so uninspired, and it ends up being baked or something boring like that! lol

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  8. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Me too!

9. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

All of this sounds yummy!!!!!!

10. HavaDrPepper

We must be doing it different or have different recipes because I don't have "chocolate on top" of my recipe. I just melt/mix the chocolate/butterscotch/peanut butter then mix in the rice krispies. Then either drop on wax paper or press into 9x13 pan and I'm done.

11. RebeccaH

Oooh... so ours are the peanutbutter/butterscotch and rice krispies pressed into a 9x13 and then topped with a layer of melted chocolate that hardens as it cools. SOOOO good!

12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Here ya go! I LOVE this recipe and it's healthy. Bonus!

https://www.skinnytaste.com/skinny-coconut-shrimp/
    [​IMG]

norton94 and RebeccaH like this.
  14. RebeccaH

Thank you!! I’m definitely putting this on my menu very soon!!

Karen likes this.
  15. Lime

Lime Active Member

Shoot! I was hoping this thread would be for Thanksgiving side dishes or desserts.

I have a million special dishes, but the ones I like the best are French Onion Soup and for Thanksgiving, Goat Cheese Sweet Potatoes! Adult sweet potatoes - no sugar, no marshmallows! (but my sister likes the rutabaga I make, that's why I say I have a million special recipes - every person I know prefers one thing I make above all, or maybe it's something I took to a potluck years ago that gets brought up in conversation.)