Make Your Bed | Pad Patter 9.11

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Sep 11, 2022.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Today is Make Your Bed Day! I wish I could hahaha

DH works night shift, so he gets out of the bed when I'm getting in and he's about to get in when I get out. It kind of drives me crazy because I love a made bed. I guess I do kind of make it because hubby wrecks it while he sleeps, so I have to fix it before I get in.

Whenever I think about this topic, I think about an Admiral who, during a commencement address, said "If you make you're bed every morning, you will have accomplished your first task of the day." He also said that if you make your bed you will also reinforce that the little things matter and if you happen to have a miserable day, at least you come home to a bed that's made.

Do you make your bed every day?

umyesh likes this.
  2. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

100% yes - like you I would make my bed before getting inside if it was not made. I just like it to feel made, even when no one will see it.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I never make the bed. Total waste of time, it's time to go to bed again in just a couple of hours. LOL

IntenseMagic and Cherylndesigns like this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

No. But I do straighten the covers and smooth out any bumps.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Sometimes when our schedules were such that DH would be up before me, I would make it when I got up, but not always. 99% of the time these days, I'm up first so it doesn't get made. I will straighten it before I go to bed because DH is a very active/messy sleeper, and I don't want to get into a tangled mess. Whenever he's out of town, his side of the bed stays perfectly made the entire time he's gone. :)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I love a made bed - I cut myself slack on Saturdays, but every other day it's made. I'm also a freak for fresh sheets - I would change my sheets daily if I had the time!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Nope, not a bed maker. I often have to fix the fitted sheet corners though because they pull off our thick mattress All. The. Time.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I dress my bed every day.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

I'm definitely a bedmaker. I leave the bedroom door open and it is visible to anyone who shows up in my living area. I only put the decorative pillows on the bed though if I KNOW that I have company coming.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Totally! It just makes the whole room look 1000% neater, even if there is other stuff all over, clothes on the floor or whatever - simple mess. :giggle I have to make it to get into it - When the covers are all over the place, I feel that it's not right.

I do occasionally let it sit for a bit, but will always make it.

norton94 and IntenseMagic like this.
  11. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

^^^this^^^ My bedroom is small and crowded as the furniture was bought for a larger bedroom and I love all the pieces. No clothes on the floor, just shoes, but the tops of my dressers are covered with "stuff."

IntenseMagic and jk703 like this.
  12. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My neighbor once told me that she does change her sheets every day. She also only wears clothes and pajamas only once. She also said she does 2 loads of laundry every day in her higher capacity washer. It is just her and her husband in the house.

I went to high school with her and always thought she was weird. She admitted that she was OCD about this.

@umyesh I have to fix the corner nearest my head as well because I have an adjustable base.

IntenseMagic and umyesh like this.
  13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Nope. You're not my Mom and you can't make me. :rofl

So... no, I'm not a bed maker. My hubby is still in it almost every day until after I leave our room, so he'd have to be the one to make it and that very very very rarely happens. I only make the bed when we have parties in the backyard because everyone uses our bathroom attached to our room then.

jk703, IntenseMagic and Memaw2Wm like this.
  14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I love to have my bed made every day BUT sometimes the effort of doing it when I'm having a bad back pain day is not worth the discomfort. Right now, it's not made, but I plan on pulling off the sheets and washing them today. Jay has to help me put the fitted sheets back on. We have a split king adjustable bed, so we have separate fitted and flat sheets, but the main lightweight quilt covers the entire bed.

I don't like paperwork or other clutter in our bedroom. Dirty clothes go to the laundry room in a basket. Shoes are put away as well as laundry.

I've gotten a couple of new pillow shams, but other than that, the bed looks like this when it's made.

[​IMG]

15. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I rarely make my bed.. but neelix makes a nest out of blankets nightly if that counts...lmao

jk703 and IntenseMagic like this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I do and I love that quote, Jan! I can't stand how messy my room looks with my bed unmade. The dog and the cat both hang out in my room/office and the cat lays right in the middle of the bed. They can't come in until I've made my bed.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I have to have my bed made everyday- in college I would make it at like 10pm before I could start doing homework. I change the sheets weekly (every Monday) and since we have a split king adjustable base we have two twin fitted sheets with a king top sheet, king blanket and king size bedspread. Then there is a folded duvet at the foot of the bed, 3 regular pillows, four king-size pillows with shams to match the bedspread and duvet, and 2 euro squares. Don't ask about how often I dust though!

IntenseMagic, Memaw2Wm and norton94 like this.
  18. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Our bed gets made every day. Usually hubby makes it because he gets up after me. But if for some reason it isn't made, I will promptly make it right after breakfast.

19. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

If I'm the last one out- yes I make it, but usually quickly & not as nice as when I change sheets on Sundays. If hubby is the last one out- he sometimes does- or at least makes an effort to pull up the sheets/quilts.