Word for 2011?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by mlpieters, Dec 20, 2010.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Crystal, love that! And Claire, I am dreading the day when Health is my word :giggle (JK... sort of)

I just have no idea yet what I want to do with my word. I know the word, and I've thought about it so many times. But it applies to absolutely EVERYTHING and I just don't know how to go about summing that up in a piece of artwork. I think this is going to be like a 20-part series for me or something, lol

2. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

Woke up this morning with total clarity about my word for 2011. Just glad it didn't take God hitting me with a 2x4 to make his point. :giggle

Believe was my word for 2010 and it was choice to believe that God wanted to bless our family beyond my wildest desires. And while 2010 was a challenging yet fun year for us...a new job for DH, a move back home, a new business venture for me...i do truly believe He heaped those blessings upon us.

I almost chose IMPROVE for this year. I want to be a better wife, mother, sister, friend, photographer. I thought it was fitting and that was the problem. "I" thought it and very, very quickly God got my attention to remind me that I didn't consult Him on my decision. Sometimes I'm just too dense.

He made it clear that my word for 2011 should be APPRECIATE. To be content with the blessings I already have. Not to be complacent, mind you, I don't have to stop praying for more blessings for my family, but to truly appreciate and be grateful for my husband and how he provides for our family, our children and their health, the opportunities we've been given and will encounter still.

I'm already feeling the challenge in this, but look forward to what 2011 will offer. Now I just have to scrap it! :tu

3. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

That's awesome Leslie. And a great reminder, even for those of us whose word is not appreciate. I love it!

4. mlpieters

mlpieters the princess of PINK

such great words everyone is getting!