Cat Person or Dog Person | Pad Patter 08.27

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by ArmyGrl, Aug 27, 2022.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Since yesterday was National Dog Day, I have to ask...

Cat person? Or dog person?

We just adopted a Blue Heeler mix. And before that we had dogs. So, I guess I'm a dog person. But, I wouldn't mind having a cat too. It just has to be an indoor/outdoor cat.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    umyesh likes this.
  2. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

I’m sitting here with my cavoodle tucked up on against me and my Ragdoll on my lap…at heart I’m a dog person but I love having both.

3. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

@Meredith78 Nice furry family you have there! Ragdolls are pretty!

4. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

I confess her bright blue eyes absolutely slay me sometimes.

5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I’m neither but I prefer dogs over cats because I grew up with my brother’s dog.

Meredith78 likes this.
  6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Total cat lover here.
    They make my house a home.

ArmyGrl likes this.
  7. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Cat person! Love their rebel souls.

elseepe likes this.
  8. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Yes!

tanteva likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Dog person. Had a mutt as a child. My parents put off getting a dog until we moved into the house they built. I had been asking for one for about 5 years! Patches was such a sweet soul. Too bad they didn't have DNA back then, I would love to know what breeds she had in her.

It took another 20 years before I got another dog. Even though I love dogs I have trouble being around many breeds. I get the itchy eyes so I did a lot of research about breeds and chose to stay away from rescues since most are mixed and in 2000 you didn't know what was in most of them. I settled on the Havanese breed. I'm on my third one. They call them "Velcro" dogs and this one truly is. Even 5 years later she follows me all over the house.

10. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Dog for sure- but really only because I'm highly allergic to cats. I'm actually allergic to the dogs too- but not as much for some reason. We've always had dogs- our newest is sweet mr. cooper- the adorable french bulldog. We also have a 2 year old English bulldog- Nelly. They are both pretty sweet!
    [​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  11. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

Cats over dogs but I'm not a pet person. I have four kids...that's enough! LOL

12. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Cat person! Our current two - Sammy (R) & Circe (L) 2020-07-04 18.53.17-1.jpg

ArmyGrl likes this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We have one dog and one cat. The cat is my "critter control" since we live in the country. LOL

14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love both, but I'd have to say I'm more of a dog person. I do appreciate the independence of cats (mine are always inside/outside), but I love me some doggie cuddles :)

15. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Londo (L) a rot mix and Lyta a doberman mix. Londo (7) is a force to be reconed with at almost 80 lbs and Lyta (8 or 9 (don't know) is just under 70 lbs. Both are actually very sweet dogs, but scary because of their size! Both are rescues (all of my animals come from the street or shelter- always have) I have 2 cats too!!! One from the interstate and 1 was a foster fail!!) Londo and Lyta are named from Babylon5 (a TV series) characters. In the show, Londo was a warrior of course and Lyta was a crazy telepath. (if we have thunder or fireworks, we have to medicate her) Both names fit them well!

301994028_5757501760926637_5926604539290635193_n.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  16. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Neither, but I have a 12 y.o. Bichon Frise that I bought for my granddaughter. Granddaughter grew up, moved out and rescued an American Akita. She then adopted two cats.

I’m allergic to both dogs and cats, but since Bichons don’t shed, Zoey doesn’t bother me.

Kuma and Zoey waiting to be fed.

2617094D-5516-409E-9931-ED719A473B02.jpeg

17. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

We have one of each- Toby is our 6 year old golden retriever and Stormy is almost 2 and from a cat rescue. I grew up with indoor/outdoor cats and no dogs, then we had a cat when we were first married. She hated our son when he was born and scratched his face twice before we had to rehome her. I felt horrible, but had to chose our baby over the cat. Once we had 3 kids, my husband decided we needed a golden retriever so we got Canaan, then when he was 10 we got Toby. We lost Canaan in 2020, then my daughter adopted Stormy later that same year.

18. MikkieR

MikkieR Active Member

Definitely a dog person. I do like cats, the way they look, move etc etc. But I'm allergic to them so that's why I prefer dogs.

19. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

neither really.
    I was attacked by a dog as a child and have never really got comfortable around them. I'm allergic to cats.

20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm more of a cat person even though we had both growing up. I like the independence of cats more mostly and there's nothing like a cat that wants to cuddle up on your lap in the winter especially. I supposed there are dogs that do that too, but I'm always drawn more to the larger dogs.