Clearance Sales | Pad Patter 8/19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Aug 19, 2022.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

So today we went to Sam's club to buy some shrimp (they have a tray for 18.99) and we stumbled across their summer clothing clearance sale. It was mostly picked over but I got some fabulous deals. We are going on a cruise in January and I know my cruise clothes are no longer fitting me. I got swimsuits, tops and shorts from $2 to $8 apiece. It was crazy. I even found a Def Leppard t-shirt that was super soft and only $10. They had some other bands like Pink floyd, KISS, and AC/DC, but I only got the one (they missed an opportunity because the designer should have put Detroit Rock City on that KISS shirt and it would have come home with me.)

Have you gotten any fabulous deals in the past! I love a good bargain!

bestcee and umyesh like this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Those are definitely sweet deals Danica! Lucky you! I shop for swimsuits once a year when Limericki does their annual clearance sale. Why pay $90 when I can wait and pay $20?

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I got a very large Paris-in-the rain print, framed and with a certificate on the back for 25 cents! My granddaughter and I went to a garage sale that the local high was holding - everything was donated. On our way out, I saw a 25-cent sticker on this picture and couldn't believe my eyes. It looks great on the master bedroom wall!

My husband said "why didn't they just GIVE it to you?" :lol:lol

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. weaselwatchr

The funny thing is I had a bunch of stuff in my online cart at Duluth Trading company for swimwear. I like the little skirts or shorts instead of the regular bottoms, and it was like almost $200. And I forgot about it. I guess it was a good thing.

umyesh likes this.
  5. weaselwatchr

That’s awesome!!!

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I just found some great low cut no-show socks a few weeks ago. The ones i used to get at Kohls are no longer there and at this point of summer, no one has them anymore. I really needed some new ones because my old ones were wearing out and were sliding off my heel and driving me crazy. Anyway, I tried the new ones from Meijer (like Super Target) and loved them and was worried they wouldn't have anymore left the following week... well, they had a few packs left AND they were on clearance. Bonus! :agree

weaselwatchr likes this.
  7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

We were out of town about a month ago and I went to an Old Navy and they had soooo many clothes on clearance (I rarely go since there's not one near me). I bought a pair of shorts for $4 and they are my new fave. I wear them all the time. Also bought a shirt for $2 and my daughter stole it from me and wears it all the time.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

:rollinWe stopped at Meijer for the bathroom on our way to Holiday World. Dh decided to check out the clearance. He found 2 pairs of shorts, and a shirt! He ended up wearing an entirely new outfit to Holiday World than he dressed in that morning.

Memaw2Wm, Karen and weaselwatchr like this.
  9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m always searching for clearance deals whether it be at a grocery store or elsewhere (usually at a thrift store). Last clearance grocery purchase wasn’t even at a grocery store but at a variety store - $2.50 for a box of Gluten Free cereal that is now $9 when not on sale. Almost all of my clothes and shoes (which retail for between $150-250 due to needing shoes that fit my custom orthotics) are from thrift stores as is most of my household stuff for when ever I move. I think my greatest purchase was a $300-400 (+$70 delivery) for a huge rug that I got for $60 at a local thrift store.

10. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

The solid color T-shirts I wear most days are on clearance at Kohls right now. When you do an Amazon return in store, they give you a $5 Kohls coupon to encourage you to shop while you're there. Between the clearance sale and my coupon, I paid $.90 for my shirt a few days ago.

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I shop for deals all the time at thrift shops, consignment stores, dollar stores, etc. I always check the discount shelves at Winners. I got a pair of memory foam Skechers for $12 last month. I was thrilled, they are one of my fave brands.

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love to shop a good clearance sale, but I have the worst luck with them. Almost every time I stumble across a good one, either they are sold out of my size or everything is picked over. I was going to stop at Sam's yesterday and now I wish I had lol I've been looking for some great graphic t's that aren't too expensive!

13. jamesmarsh678

jamesmarsh678 New Member

Hello, I recently purchased some clothing for my son from Amazon, including shirts, pants, and a hoodie by Tyler the Creator. I also have some nighttime clothing, such as trousers and T-shirts. I'm awaiting my order. I will soon share the photos I received with you, friends.

14. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I'm a huge sale shopper.. I got a winter coat a couple years ago that is a 200 dollar coat for less than 40 on sale.. which is a great deal If you live in Wisconsin and half year is winter.

I found sooo many good wedding deals as well..