Word for 2011?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by mlpieters, Dec 20, 2010.

1. estir_bune

estir_bune Guest

I have decided that "simplify" will be my word... my life is so cluttered I need to do some serious house keeping and get back to the simpler things in life!

2. snaggletooth

snaggletooth Minnetonka? Momma? Either way.

My word is::: Chaos
    I could pick Peace or Positivity or Reflect but why bother lol with 4 kids there will never be peace and with my temperment i will never be a postive person 100% of the time im to blunt and know that nothing ever goes as planned LOL
    my life is infact chaos and so are my pages and they refelct it LOL i might as well embrace the chaos and just enjoy that i am never bored in my life

3. leightheo

leightheo New Member

You know what? I think I totally need to do the same. Thanks for putting into words what I've been feeling for a while now. :)

4. estir_bune

estir_bune Guest

:) it's nice to have someone on the same journey!

5. snaggletooth

snaggletooth Minnetonka? Momma? Either way.

ugh housekeeping lol im a packrat lol

6. JenJ

JenJ Drunken Elf owner

Last year my word was "accept" and at times I did "ok" with it. The funny thing is... is that after all the time I spent fussing and complaining (and then ultimately accepting) I finally accepted what God had been trying to tell me all along... thus leading me to my word for 2011... change. I realized, just recently, that although I need to accept things that I can not control or change, I also need to CHANGE MY HEART... and then perhaps those "things" won't really be such a big deal.

7. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Jen I can completely relate to this!

8. mlpieters

mlpieters the princess of PINK

i've posted my artwork for 2011. my word is "restore"

[​IMG]

9. mishou

mishou mishou

lauren - you have such a talent for imagery and evoking emotion in your pages. so many layers of meaning to take in. you really are amazing.

i love reading what other people's words are!

my word came to me a few weeks ago. i chose: DO

blogged it here. in a nutshell, i'm just sick and tired of the procrastination and avoidance behaviours that seem to have taken over my life. i desperately need a good kick in the pants for getting my life on track. i feel like i'm going crazy with all the stress i create for myself by not being productive and doing what i really need to DO.

10. mlpieters

thank you michelle. it means much.

i highly recommend this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Thing...0280/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294026957&sr=8-1

i've used several of his methods over and over again and when i've found myself stuck i go back and read it again.

also, one other tip that works like a charm for me. an old fashioned timer. the one you turn the dial?

i set it for 20 or 25 minutes. i work hard on whatever i'm suppose to be working on...then set it again for the same time and then do something fun...or at least whatever i was not doing...knowing that i have complete freedom in that 25 minute period to goof off because at the end of that 25 minutes i'm setting the timer again for 25 and working hard. i keep this cycle until the procrastinated task is done or my day is through.

you'd be amazed how much you can get done in 25 minutes.

11. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

i know mine! i never have done one before, so this will be interesting.

12. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

ok! I have my word and i love it. I spent a lot of time thinking and praying and finally my dearest friend asked me a few simple questions and it just felt right! I am going to scrap it shortly..just waiting for the right kit to fall into my lap now!

13. mlpieters

amy...crystal...can't wait to know what your word is!

14. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

This year's word took me a while - so many seemed to fit, but I finally settled on "live" - live the life I want, be the person I want to be. I just want to live and be happy with who I am, and not worry about how that fits into other people's agendas.

15. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

i'm spending some time praying about mine. i've got it narrowed down between 2 and thought i had settled on one but God keeps hitting me over the head with the other one.

16. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Then I'd say you better go with the other one. I find that those battles I try to fight with God are often (*cough*always) the ones I lose. :giggle

Can't wait to see what you've all chosen!

17. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

well I was hoping to blog and scrap mine today..but seeing as how I have the stomach flu it's not gonna happen. :( I went with Balance. It's all about finding balance through grace though. particularly this definition (from dictionary.com): mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior, judgment, etc. I found a quote that I loved while just browsing around as well which I think sums it all up really simply: “There’s no secret to balance. You just have to feel the waves”-rainstormsong If you panic in the waves you will sink. It's all about learning to deal with what you are given and find a balance in it. She (my friend Lex) told me about these boats that they make where she lives in the Philippines that are totally rounded on the bottom to make it through their rough waters more easily. The boats travel sideways but eventually make it to their destination just a little off their original straight path. Which is how going through life always is isn't it? Never just the straight and easy path...always a little of course...and I am one that always panics or "sinks" or gets lost, so my goal is to find the balance and make it work and of course I cannot do that without God's grace so hopefully I will be able to use grace to cultivate some balance in my life.

so there's my little ramblings..hopefully I can get a page done and a blog post done eventually. and none of that probably made sense or anything...but it's really speaking to me. lol

18. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

makes perfect sense, crystal! ..and LOVE it!

leslie - quit getting whalloped and just pick it already!

love "live" julie!

i'll share mine later...when i get done waiting for that "right kit to fall into my lap"

19. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I love the story and thought behind your word, Crystal.

Can't wait to hear from the people who are still meditating on theirs. :)

After thinking/praying/studying about my word, I came up with something different. I really thought I was going to go with "peace" but somehow I felt pushed to select a more active word. I decided on:

"flourish"
    Grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way, esp. as the result of a particularly favorable environment

I love the inclusion of both good health (which is something I really NEED this year) and growth. My focus will be on flourishing physically, spiritually, creatively, etc etc this year. Now I just need to scrap my inspiration piece for it.

20. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

Well I really wasn't going to do a word, but now I'm feeling a little like my word is quickly becoming "Health". 2011 might just become the year of the gym for me.

Oh and I love that word Laura. Flourish is wonderful!!