Amazon... | pad patter 8.9.22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Aug 9, 2022.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 7.25.42 PM.png

Exciting, no? lol

My daughter works at a Tiny Target, and whenever they get returns that they don't stock there, they have to "salvage" the item. They can mark it down to the lowest price that Target will allow and employees can purchase the item (or anyone else if they're in the know). Well... they got a suitcase in the other day and I've been looking for one. The price was right and the reviews were good except for the one that said that it busted open on a flight and all of the contents of her suitcase came down the conveyer belt without her suitcase... eek! I know it was just the one review that said that, but for the price I got the suitcase, I figured it was worth my peace of mind to buy straps for "insurance".

The book light is because my daughter has convinced me that I need to mix in an actual paper book once in a while instead of reading everything on my Kindle :-)

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

My daughter likes using this stuff in her hair when we're at the lake, since I wont let her get highlights yet!
    [​IMG]
    And this!! I was SO impressed by the packaging & the pot/stand. Who knew you could get live plants for so cheap! Only $25! I've been looking for a snake plant & similar pot- but just the plant alone was more than that at my local greenhouse.
    [​IMG]
    Pictured here in my house:
    Snapchat-218000356.jpg

keepscrappin and Sara like this.
  4. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I’m showing my age. My daughter bought two pill splitters for us. They work really well. :agree

keepscrappin and tanteva like this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Show?!? I'm always looking for good scoops for my bins.

I'm dying at the phone on there! That's so right now.

umyesh likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@michelepixels I like to avoid Amazon, but unfortunately there's a lot of things I either have to drive 45-60 minutes away for, or order online. Our stores just don't carry stuff for older electronics.

My latest purchase: A new Garmin charging cord. My husband lost one of the two we had and after looking for a week, I'm done. He'll find it now that I ordered it. And a new protector for the top of my Garmin watch. Because the last one worked well and broke. So, time to replace it.

Should have asked me yesterday! Then I would have to admit to 24 bottles of soy sauce. Yep. #notashamed. LOL! We like a particular brand (Aloha) and apparently any soy sauce is a hard to find item in my town. Only the super small bottles at Kroger. All the other stores, even our Asian supermarket and Sam's club, are out right now!

keepscrappin and Memaw2Wm like this.
  7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I try hard not to purchase from Amazon unless absolutely necessary. I’m not a fan of Bezos or the whole Young Global Leaders WEF group that he and many of his cronies are involved in, or the fact that Amazon has forced the closure of so many small businesses because they can’t compete with the prices. I prefer to buy local even though it means paying higher prices.

That said, my last two orders have been for archival tape so I can repair the box full of vintage sewing patterns I recently purchased that needed mending. The patterns themselves are in good shape, but the envelopes are torn and falling apart. Thrilling stuff, I know!

8. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Hopefully this is how you add an image and it’s not too huge…
    AECE3156-5447-465E-9B33-64A5D896E4EF.png

bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  9. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

bestcee likes this.
  10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Amazon was a blessing during the pandemic. There was so much I couldn't find locally but could get on Amazon.

Like @bestcee I try to buy local but quite often cannot find what I want but can find it on Amazon. The price of the Prime membership has been well worth it for some of the items I've bought! When I got this computer I realized I needed a connector for one of my monitors. IT guy sent me the link for the cord and I bought it. In June I got a stand for my Victrola 8-in-1 and a stand for my LP's. Also found a folding shelf unit with wheels to put in the closet next to the album stand. None of those items were available locally and shipping would not have been cheap. Thanks Amazon!

Like @amien1 I found some fake plants on Amazon. I also got my Ring doorbells and cameras from Amazon during prime day (and I'm loving it).

And, finally my town has hit the big time. We actually have Amazon delivery vehicles making deliveries in town.

11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

A bright purple cabin sized suitcase as I’ve been using one from family that I won’t be able to use long term once I relocate. It’s been something I’ve needed to get for awhile and I hadn’t found anything in a physical store so went online and found one I liked for about 1/2 to 2/3rds the price!

bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  12. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Only mine is a real live plant! So impressed woth the packaging that it wasn't damaged during transport!

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. Laura ODonnell

Laura ODonnell Well-Known Member

I ordered a 3 pack of Crystal Light iced tea. My grocery stores have been out of stock and Amazon had it for the same price.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I looked at live plants locally. We have a great store that specializes in them. I just couldn't see spending the money on something that would die because I wouldn't take care of it, especially if I'm traveling. I'm not sure I could handle them with my allergies these days as well. I had lots of real plants when I was in apartments in my 20's. Some were with me through 4 or 5 different moves over the years. But after I came back to live with my parents, they caused problems for my mom with all of her allergies so as they died, they weren't replaced. But I still have a hanging fake plant that Mom got in the late 80's. Made sure there was a spot for it in the kitchen remodel! So fake plants will have to do for me! Amazon has a great selection.

amien1 likes this.
  15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

We've got a wedding coming up quick too so Aspen has been getting stuff through Amazon. The latest is a pair of shoes for her groom, Brandon.

[​IMG]

dotcomkari likes this.
  16. keepscrappin

I say you can never have too many EHDs... gotta have room for all your digi stuff. :agree

tanteva likes this.
  17. keepscrappin

WOW that mirror is gorgeous and good for you for getting some things to help you feel your best. I need to do that more often.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  18. keepscrappin

I try to buy from brick and mortar stores first because I don't want them all to go away. I hate buying clothes online. I want to try them on and feel the fabric. I know I can send them back, but that's a hassle even with Kohl's dropoff. I like the in person experience and only look to Amazon when I can't find it in store locally.

My hubby on the other hand, hates to shop in store and would buy everything on Amazon no matter the price. I have to double check him because he just fills up the cart and buys without making sure it's the best price... silly guy. :giggle I'm tempted to cancel my prime membership (it just renewed) but can't since Aspen is getting married in 4 weeks and is using my prime account for her registry.

Memaw2Wm and QuiltyMom like this.
  19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm always jealous of the variety of products available on amazon.com but amazon.ca still has lots of great things (just less choices and higher priced). I just got two deliveries this week for the cruise.
    • multi-plug and USB extension.
    • magnetic hooks (for cruiseship walls).
    • travel packing cubes (2 sets).

Memaw2Wm and keepscrappin like this.
  20. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

The last thing I "ordered" were some changes I made to auto renew orders. I decided I didn't need a couple of them these 2 months around.

keepscrappin likes this.