Slow Downloads ??

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by elseepe, Aug 8, 2022.

1. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing extremely slow downloads from the store. I gave up last night as I thought the storms in the area might be impacting internet here. All my network indicators are that everything is fine on my end, but I'm getting download speeds that remind me of dial-up days.

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I used to have that over the years but haven’t for quite some time. I do know that 95% of my issue though is due to geography rather than a TLP download issue as such.

elseepe likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I just ordered something from the store and downloaded 4 different zips in less than 30 seconds.

Maybe try again now? If it's still slow, perhaps a reset of your modem/router as well as PC may help.

elseepe likes this.
  4. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I'm not sure if resetting the modem or the router took care of it, but back to blazing fast. Odd, everything else was working great, plenty of streaming video on my home network.

I had reset my PC last night, but that didn't help. Who knows, gremlins I guess. It's not even like resetting the modem and router is a big deal anymore, but I've always hated having to go that route.

Sara, bestcee and gonewiththewind like this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I don't like doing it either. And it's right here beside my computer so it's not an issue of inaccessibility. I think it's just that it USED TO BE a huge deal, and it's just stuck that way in my head. Glad you got the blazing fast speeds again. That always makes me happy. I know it's first world problems, but I love my fast internet and it bugs me to no end when it drops or there are outages.

elseepe likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@elseepe I was having issues last night with the library. Turned out my windows computer was downloading an update so that slowed everything down! I noticed that can be an issue sometimes. It's like windows steals all power and internet to do it's thing. Ugh.

I'm glad you are back to fast today!

elseepe likes this.