Make It Snappy (MIS) | August 6th @ 7 pm ET | Scrapping with Liz

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by tpbuffy, Aug 6, 2022.

1. tpbuffy

tpbuffy Well-Known Member

The Template MIS with a Twist
    (to participate in the TWIST just comment in this thread before the MIS starts and then complete the MIS, easy peasy!)
    :circles
    let us get started...

Because the template is your choice, the only way I will know if you participated is if you link your layout in this thread. To qualify, post your layout to the gallery or hosting site of your choice* and then paste the image and link here by 8:15 pm ET tonight to qualify for the drawing and by 7:00 pm ET tomorrow to qualify for the free template. You can make your layout yours; add items and design as you like, as long as, you follow the instructions below.

Traditional
    Complete your layout using the instructions below.

1. Have three or more photos.
    2. Use stitches, buttons, and tape.
    3. Have two or more word tags.
    4. Have a two font/alpha title of two or more words.
    5. Have at least one photo that does not contain a person.

The Twist
    For those that comment in this thread before the start of the challenge (posts 2-24), you only need to pick four of the above instructions.

[​IMG]

What is Liz's MIS: Liz's Template Make It Snappy and Make It Slowly are a twist on the favorite speed scrap challenge. You can use any Liz template that you own and we make it even easier, because you pick the template after seeing ALL the instructions. Everyone that completes a qualifying layout and posts in this thread within 24 hours of the start of the challenge will receive a new, never released template for free. Complete you layout within the time limit (75 minutes for Make It Snappy, 12 hours for Make It Slowly) and you may win a $10 coupon to Liz's store!!!

Don't own a Liz template yet? Well its easy, you can pick up some Liz templates for free!! Look for freebies in Liz's Facebook Group [link] or Liz's Blog [link].

The MIS will be hosted in this thread.

Participation Prize
    [​IMG]

Sample Layout by greenmother
    [​IMG]
    Here are some additional details: The Twist can be many things: extra time, ability to delete/change an instruction, etc. I will post the instructions at the top of the thread and at the end of thread at the start of the MIS.

For the first part of a Make It Snappy, you will have until 8:15 pm ET (75 minutes) to complete the layout using the five (5) instructions plus the Twist (to get the Twist just comment in this thread before the start of the challenge; unless specified the comment can be anything - "Hi!" works). All those that complete the layout per instructions and post by 8:15 ET (75 minutes later) will qualify; one layout from the qualifying layouts will win $10 to Liz's store.

For the second part, same instructions but you will have 24 hrs to complete the layout and post in this thread. All participants that complete a qualifying layout in the first or second half, will receive the free template. If you are new to posting layouts at TLP, please give yourself extra time to do so. If you have trouble posting in the TLP Gallery or your layout doesn't meet Gallery criteria, you can post your layout elsewhere; just make sure to comment and link to your image before time is called.

The Nitty Gritty (updated!)
    1. Have fun!
    2. Use only a Scrapping with Liz template(s) (active, freebie, or retired are all okay).
    3. The layout you use must be new for this challenge and cannot be used for another store or designer challenge.
    4. If you post your layout in the TLP gallery please follow all gallery requirements.
    5. Link an image of your layout before the end of the challenge in this TLP thread; please include your credits; do not change the layout, link, or post before the participation prize is issued.
    6. Qualification of layouts and eligibility of participation solely determined by Scrapping with Liz.
    7. Winner coupon and participation templates will be pm'd via the-lilypad.com Forum Messaging by the end of the weekend following the close of the challenge (within 8 days).
    8. The close of both Part 1 and Part 2 is determined by thread times, "close" is not announced.
    9. Questions? Just post your question in this thread; please tag my username (tpbuffy) to get my attention. The thread is closely monitored for the first 60 minutes so try to post questions early.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    Cath_ likes this.
  2. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

3. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Please Twist !

4. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

twist please

5. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

twist please, I'll be making it slowly due to timezones.

7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Twisting away:banana

8. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

I will try... we were supposed to leave for holiday this morning but delayed it by 24 hours... not sure if I will actually get to scrap tomorrow, but here's hoping.

9. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Twist please

10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

11. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I may be slow but I want to play. Twist please.

12. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Not sure if I'm gonna make it at time, because we have had lightnings and then I'd need to disconnect everything, but twist please, just in case, thank you so much dear lady.

13. acwfoster

acwfoster Active Member

I’m in for the twist! Love the participation template and we have that board game AND I own that kit, too! So I gotta scraplift it, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Can we make use of the twist if we don't do the snappy version? I'm going to have to break my first Saturday evening of the month scrapping routine this month. I'm going to see a play with my kids instead. But I might scrap tomorrow.

15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Twist Again Like We Did Last Summer

Lisa B likes this.
  16. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

17. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

18. Janelle12

Janelle12 Well-Known Member

19. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

Twist! I'm going to try so hard to be here tonight. It's a rainy summer weekend day so it might work!

20. tpbuffy

tpbuffy Well-Known Member

yes the Twist can be used in the second half.

michelepixels likes this.