Has the final chat been announced?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by mollyscraps, May 3, 2022.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

MOC is not a contract.

It is a fun special event volunteers do for us and they're under no obligation to us.

The certificates work equally well no matter when they arrive.

:love

Vrielinkie, QuiltyMom, Roxana and 5 others like this.
  2. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for doing such a huge event for us every year. I've participated since season 5, and it always jumpstarts my scrapping for the year. Although the certificate is cool, it's so much more than the certificate at the end. Thanks for every year.

Vrielinkie, bestcee, Roxana and 4 others like this.
  3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I disagree with a statement above... TRUE, it IS a nice thing that is done to host MOC. But when you announce that if requirements are met then GC's will be given, that is a sort of an agreement. Also true that the final list of those who met the challenge has not yet been posted so people can't say they are waiting for what has been announced. Nobody is trying to cheat or be dishonest for certain. There seem to have been "extenuating circumstances" for at least the past 3 years. Yet other campaigns which take a lot of time and energy go forward while the MOC participants wait for the news. Eight months seems beyond the mark if the site wants to be considered current. The delay in news reflects badly upon the site to many.:yawn
    I KNOW this post won't win popularity votes.:crazy3 I'm just bold enough to say what many are thinking. AND I know that the burden of this dilemma falls unfairly upon certain members ( i.e. Julie). I have compassion for that. But business wise, if you can't run a campaign in a reasonable time, then maybe don't run it? Shorter ones here have been handled very well- like NSD, Summer School, LOD... :thinkMaybe a change in practice should be considered??
    Me, I have enjoyed my time at TLP, but this matter continuing for months and the moving on of designers has weakened my interest here.:( I feel badly for the site and those who work so hard on it.
    Anyhooo, I sincerely hope the issue can be resolved and not pop up again, for the good of TLP.:yup
    Peace Out. :backing

4. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

We are aware of the unhappiness of many of our members at how slow we have been to wrap up MOC. It is NOT how we wanted this to go, and in all honesty, we did think long and hard about whether we should hold the event again, given some uncertainties. But since the event has always been a successful community builder and the participants seem to really enjoy it, we decided to hold it again for our tenth year. It is true that in 2020, we struggled with finalizing things in a timely manner. However, last year's gift certificates were sent out just over a month after MOC ended (March 8) and we sincerely hoped we would be equally successful this year as well. Unfortunately, we are dependent on outside help to auto-generate the 159 gift certificates, and that is where our hold up is this year. The only other option is to manually create each gift certificate individually. And as daunting as that feels, we WILL do that, if we are unable to come to a resolution soon on the GCs. Either way, we will honor these GCs.

G.J., Vrielinkie, JenEm and 5 others like this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I would do MOC without the gift certificate. I am baffled by the upset about how long they take to arrive.

Vrielinkie, wvsandy, Karen and 2 others like this.
  6. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

me too

7. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

I feel the same as Cath and Michele. I would happily do MOC without getting a gift certificate. I love the challenge. I get the impatience but I don't understand why harsh words need to be aired. And I really do not feel that there are that many people who feel that way. Most of us understand and are willing to wait because we know that we will get them eventually.

Everything will come all in good time. Just chill.

8. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I truly appreciate the sentiments but the fact remains that we promised GCs to all of the finishers and we have not yet provided those. I understand the frustration of some, and it’s ok they’re frustrated. But I do want to be VERY clear that the GCs will be provided, one way or another.

Vrielinkie, wvsandy, marijke and 6 others like this.
  9. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

@mrs2a50 Is this an outside source that you can replace? It seems that if they are taking that long to do something that's pretty simple to program, maybe they're not the right source to use?

I want to make it very clear that I absolutely ADORE MOC, and I would do it if there were no kudos, and if there were no prizes. I have learned so much in the way of my craft, and I have met so many wonderful people that THAT in and of itself is a great grand gift certificate!

I would as well. I didn't do it for the gift certificate. It's just icing on the cake.

Ditto, my friend. That's not what the MOC is all about. I am hoping and praying that MOC 11 will happen and that the general unhappiness of the few will not win out and make this be a super great community/skill builder that went by the wayside I would be very upset!!!!

wvsandy, michelepixels and Cath_ like this.
  10. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

@mrs2a50 :yourock

How about a poll (liocked for no bad responses)
    who wants now
    i can wait (this be my vote)

to make it easy for you

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  11. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

I am right there with you hoping that the negativeness does not kill the community spirit and that we will still be able to enjoy another MOC!!

michelepixels likes this.
  12. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

:beat:heartlub:heartslub

13. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

I love MOC and I would join whether there's a GC or not and I don't care when I get the GC, I love the things I learn and the awesome community feeling that I get from it. I too, think you should be able to air your grievances but you can't speak for others....I really hope there's gonna be another MOC, with or without a GC!

michelepixels, Bagheertje and cfile like this.
  14. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

I agree that the GC is the icing on the cake not the reason I participate in MOC! I love MOC for what I learn each time - hope the negatives don't win out! Looking forward to another MOC next year - Please!! Even without GC!

Vrielinkie, cfile, Karen and 3 others like this.
  15. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I do MOC for the challenges, the opportunity to do something different, get out of my comfort zone, and to learn something new.
    While I am not great at printing my pages, I do do create a book of my MOC each year.

Karen and cfile like this.