A bit of an update...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by MrsPeel, Jul 18, 2022.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

...and huge apologies for the absence.
    I will be around later on, but wanted to make you aware of what is going on (as I know I posted in the Polly forum but don't think I did here)
    First of all, the reason you haven't seen me in the forum (especially if you are relatively new to The Pad's family) is because I have some neurological issues that make reading exhausting, and not always get it right, used to have support twice a month from neuro therapist but since COVID they moved the clinics away from us and I am not very mobile, still, I get HUGE support from some Pollys and some of you here in the community, I have no words to express my gratitude that allows me to stay put and enjoy scrapping and chatting live with you all.

Now, a few months ago Sarita (DD) started having issues with nausea and not being able to keep food, it was an occasional thing but in the past few months it got Moree intense, happening more often, until last month in which she started loosing in between 500g to a kilo per day. She had a very tough time, we had to fight to get her seen seen (our doctor is on annual leave)
    When we did, she had tons of tests, most of them came. normal, a lot of it has to do with anxiety, she had some traumatic stuff happening, but I am so so grateful that we were able to sit and chat and she started feeling a bit better.
    I spent the whole past two weeks cooking very bland food and she started being able to eat again.
    But, of course, she went right in to work, and out with her friends, she has a tendency to not accept when she is wrong (has a delay time of 2 years to admit I was right- for many many things!) so when I said she should be wearing a mask at work, she ignored me, when I said she shouldn't be using public transport, same, I'm just trying g to get through my days because I have my own health issues sir I try not to create more conflict, she is a marvellous girl in general, just mid 20s ... I know I was a complete disaster at that age if we compare (don't tell her though :giggle )
    Anyway, making this very, very long story short, now she has COVID (again, she had it last year before Christmas)
    So, please bare with me, I will be around your galleries later.
    Prayers, good thoughts and support are more than welcome.
    huge huggzzz to my scrap sisters and scrap daughters, and thank you ALL for being understanding and supportive!!!!
    [​IMG]

2. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I hope your daughter recovers quickly.

And yes, 20-somethings think they know it all ... I've got three grandkids in their 20's.

3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Prayers and healing thoughts for Sarita @MrsPeel , and please stay well yourself.. love you both.. we are keeping you in our prayers. XO

4. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Hoping everything gets better quickly! Sending Love!!

5. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Oh no! Poor Sarita! I hope she recovers quickly. And please stay safe yourself! Hugs!

6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I hope you're all feeling good soon! At least covid is milder now, I think. It has finally gotten to us. My husband seems to have picked it up from his group of friends and he passed it on to us before he even realized it. We went on our anniversary beach trip last Tuesday to Wednesday, after he met with his friends but before he knew he'd caught it. But he has just been coughing a lot, and I just have a scratchy throat. His home tests have come up positive, but mine keep being negative. We're self isolating pretty well. Only one of my kids says his throat is a little scratchy.

7. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Oh my sweet dear.. sending all my live and thoughts your way and praying for a fast recovery for your sweet girl. Covid is not for the faint of heart. .. and i wouldn't wish it on mybworst enemy's.. prayers she recovers fast and all they icky germs stay far from your family... big hugs for you

8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Sending you much love

9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@MrsPeel She could have gotten it even with a mask . . . but yes, it's frustrating when they don't take our advice.

Praying that Sarita recovers quickly and can move on enjoying her life!

10. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I am so very sorry to hear all the troubles piled upon troubles!!! You have our prayers!!

11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We love you SISTER and we love Sarita and you don't need to apologize to any of us. You are SO sweet to come on here and share with all of us because we love and support you. It's so sad that this awful covid won't go away - we (I keep saying we but I know I can) miss you very much and love it when you're here. Please take care of you and give Sarity my love -we're a big, wonderful family here at the Pad and are always here for you and each other.

:heartslub:heartslub:heartslub

12. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm so sorry for all you and Sarita have had to deal with and are still dealing with. Hugs and love to you.

13. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Cynthia above all take care of yourself and Sarita, I send you lots of love ❤️

14. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Crossing fingers and toes for both of you.
    Stray strong and optimistic.:bk

15. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Sending prayers for wellness and hugs in comfort. May God give you strength. You are dealing with so much.

LynnG likes this.
  16. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Hope everything is getting better & that the heat wave isn't too much. Heard on the news that yesterday was the hottest day ever in London.
    :bk

17. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Hugs for you & your family! And "heal fast" vibes!!!

18. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I was hoping to hear she's doing better. Know she's been in my thoughts daily! You guys take on so much I wish the world were nicer & would give you guys a break. It's a cruel world that takes & takes.