What's going on in your world? | Pad Patter 7/21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

We got house in flordia sold and settled. But i can not deal with anything, my deline, the heat, my drives. Wish i could wake up and be ok

SeattleSheri likes this.
  2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Part of me is still finding it hard to believe and the other part of me is starting to panic at how much time is left, but a week from this Saturday, the daughter and I leave for Down Under. This is a Girl Scout trip originally planned for 2020. We have been working to raise money for it since 2017.

Page I made when it was postponed in 2020.
    [​IMG]

3. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm counting down the seconds until vacation! My BF & I are renting a lake house for a week that's halfway between us, and I can't wait. We'll be doing some nerdy history things + going to the beach & a state park + visiting an animal park but I'm looking forward the most to getting a whole week with my bae and getting to play games & cook & be silly & take pictures with all 6 of us. :beat

jk703, Memaw2Wm and SeattleSheri like this.
  4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Lord have mercy, everyone has been dealing with so many injuries and deaths. I pray for my TLP family, but I'll be especially praying for good health for all of you and your family members. I'm sending love and ((HUGS)) to those who have lost loved ones. It's never easy.

I've been caring for my mom since June 11th. Just this past week, I've been able to take a day off here and there. My aunt leaves on Sunday though. My sister and I are going to see if Mama can handle being by herself. She feels confident, and we feel confident that she is strong enough and improved enough to do so . . . BUT . . . there's so much that she will try to do, pushing herself, and I worry about that. I worry about her big ox of a dog as well, knocking her over. I'm less worried about her at night. I'm more worried about her trying to get out in her yard and garden when she needs to be resting. So I think I'll actually end up over there at least once a day to set eyeballs on her.

Last week, Daniel was the heavy lifter and pusher of the wheelchair (getting it in and out of the car) and while at an appointment for my mom, he passed out. It was so scary. His eyes were rolled back in his head and his legs and arms were jerking. Several hours in the ER + several hundred dollars and we were told there was nothing wrong with him (CT, xray, blood work, physical exam). But on top of everything with my mom, it was just too much on my nerves. I fell apart that night and just cried and cried. Then this past Saturday, my sister fell AT my mom's while helping her. She's totally fine, but again, my nerves are shot. There are other things in Jay's family as well . . . his mom is waiting on a surgery date for her foot injury and he has two uncles in the hospital. AND Olivia has COVID, so she's quarantined for 10 days.

My back is hanging in here, in spite of all it's been through with extensive walking and bending and such while caring for my mom. I see the neurosurgeon's PA at the end of August. I've also lost a total of 60 pounds now, so I hope that this neurosurgeon won't tell me to lose weight as I **have** lost weight and I continue to have the same symptoms and actually give me a surgical plan of action to take care of these ruptured disks.

Oh, but there is so much to be thankful for in the midst of everything. Olivia's car broke down and she can't get it in to the dealer until July 29th. She's driving my car and I'm driving my mom's car since Mama can't drive - so it was perfect timing on that. I'm so grateful for air conditioning because it's been so hot and humid. I'm thankful that we have our little home and that there is peace under our roof. I'm super grateful for our pets who have been absolutely fabulous about giving me support emotionally, especially little Piper who is so demonstrative with her love. Holly Belle is still standoffish and only wants to give and receive love on her own time.

Ahhh, what a bunch of rambling. I may end up deleting this. :blahblah

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  5. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Sorry some of your are going through hardships, but also happy to read about your successes. Sooo much going on!

My husband and I just celebrated our 20 year wedding anniversary this week! My big news is that I was recently promoted! I will be starting my new role as an Assistant Vice President in a few weeks. I will be leading a few teams of strategists, analysts and project managers who drive and execute strategy for a large global insurance company. I vacillate between being excited and petrified, lol.

jk703, BevG, gonewiththewind and 2 others like this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

@gonewiththewind So many hugs to you Cheryl!!!

@SeattleSheri Go Sheri! You can do it! I know what you mean. It's so scary starting a new thing.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

@jk703 These are the pump pouches I made earlier this week.
    MarvelPouches (Small).jpg

8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Hopefully no lasting health issues but you can never be too sure especially with someone 85 years old. We haven’t heard any complaints for the back half of the week so things should be on the up.

In better news, my IBS symptoms have drastically improved this week which should mean I’ll be able to go out and be more independent again - was just too much of a risk the last 6-8 months.

jk703 likes this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's the same weekend we are camping. :giggle

I TOTALLY feel you on the college path picking being stressful. Ugh. SO many decisions and it all feels so important and especially with the first one, we had no idea what we were doing, so I constantly felt like we were missing information or deadlines or whatever. But... it'll all work out, I promise! If you need any help or have questions, feel free to ask... I don't know a ton, but if I can help, I will! :agree Sometimes it just helps to know that everyone kinda fumbles their way through it, so you're not alone. :giggle

jk703 likes this.
  10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I've been sick for about 7 wks with a mystery illness that is still undiagnosed but thankfully is improving somewhat but I'll be back in the hospital for more testing soon if the swollen nodes, headache and sore neck don't improve. At least the extreme fatigue and fogginess have improved. There is very limited medical care here so hopefully I will improve on my own. It's hard to not have a doctor and the ER is over-worked so if the problem isn't obvious they just don't have time to deal with it.

So we decided to take a vacation instead of me stressing at home about what is wrong with me. In 3 wks we go to Alaska. It's been 7 yrs since I last went and this time we are on a different cruise line with a different itinerary. I can't wait. Until we go we will enjoy the summer heat, in the pool most days and hot tub at night. It's been very relaxing. The flooding river waters have receded so we can start taking the dogs back to the dog beach (just a 5 min ride from home).

I've been binge watching shows but not reading much lately. Right now we are watching Joe vs Carol.

jk703 likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Not a good week, but I'm not one to share my problems. My DD was in a pretty serious car accident - a guy hit her in a shopping mall - driving 60 MPH!! I haven't been in a very good headspace since.

12. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Oh no!!!! I hope she's doing ok!! That terrible.

13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

@jk703 - so glad he's okay!
    @Cherylndesigns - Oh no! I hope she's okay?!?

We got back from vacation last week. So we've been catching up from that. We were in a car accident on Father's Day (a truck veered off the road trying to miss us because he was going too fast and lost control and hit the entire left side of our van). Thankfully no one was injured. We've been driving a totaled van since then, busted out window, etc... The insurance, just this week, decided to total it. So no we wait for money, for them to come pick it up and then we get to van shop...not a great time to buy a vehicle right now. Looks like we may have to drive 3/4 hours (one-way) to get one. We need a 12 passenger for our family size. Did I mention this was our 2nd accident in 9 months...neither one was our fault!

Tomorrow we have an archery competition to go to and then an open house where my daughter is teaching music lessons.

Sunday is our wedding anniversary. 23 years!

Wednesday-Friday we are heading to Louisville to stay in a B&B (to celebrate our anniversary) and then pick my oldest daughter up from her summer-long trip in Spain. I can't wait to see her! Saturday my other daughter will be forming in a local whose got talent show and performing an original song. It's also my birthday. It's going to be awesome - We'll all be together and I get to listen to my daughter perform.

I've been spending most of my spare time gearing up for our 22/23 school year. Planning/prepping for homeschooling 6 kids and tutoring our 7th grade class at our local school group.

I think I'm about ready for us to officially start school and get into a normal routine.

jk703 and BevG like this.
  14. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

So glad hubby didn’t get seriously injured.

Covid is making its way thru the pharmacy again. I got to work by myself the other day. So that’s no fun at all.

My hubby fell back in January trying to go start my car in the morning. He thought he sprained his ankle. Months went by and it didn’t seem to get better. He finally had a physical at the beginning of last month and we found out he broke his leg. Of course it didn’t heal right. There is a lot of calcification on the side of the break but nothing filling the break in. He is now using an electronic bone stimulator that is supposed to help heal the gap. It seems to be working somewhat. If it doesn’t he was told he would need to have surgery. Hubby already said that he would not do that. Good times.

Between work and home it’s all work for me all the time. Hoping things slow down soon for me. I’m exhausted

15. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hugs, Cath! I wish all would settle down!

16. jk703

That sounds so exciting! I can't wait to hear about it after! Safe travels! What a wonderful trip!

BevG likes this.
  17. jk703

Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated 20 as well in April! I can't believe that it's been that long.... :)
    Congratulations - all your hard work has paid off. I feel like you would be a great boss lady!

So much going on, and lots of family to take care of, visit, and worry about! I'd be so anxious too! I would freak out of my kids passed out in front of me. I can handle most things for other people, but when it's my own, I get overwhelmed and scared. I have enough problems with my Dad and MIL both with Parkinson's. I wish all would settle down, and you guys lots of healthy vibes. And that a date from the neurosurgeon is chosen on your next appt.

This sounds amazing! I love the lake, one of my favorite locations to visit! Lake George in NY is my fav! I hope the weather is perfect and you have a blast with the BF and family!

gonewiththewind and SeattleSheri like this.
  18. jk703

That's a lot of Ring cameras! We've got them too! I do love them to see what's going on!

I'm sorry about your family and send my condolences! So hard and they take a piece of your heart with them! Many hugs! Thank you for the reminder to cherish what I have, now.

I'm sorry for your family that passed! May memories bring you smiles!
    Congrats to your granddaughter! My son is going to play football for freshman year! I'm excited for that.
    It's soooo hot, I'm melting! I dislike the cold, but this heat is toooooo much!

19. jk703

Thank you! He is doing ok... seriously biggest bruise I've ever seen! Whole leg style, lol!
    I need to get my hair cut.... I think I'm going to donate it though, so I might way another couple months.
    Enjoy vacation! I am not happy it's almost August... ugh... time moves so fast in the summer!
    I'd totally do to a One Republic concert with you! I should be a traveling concert partner in crime for others! Haha!

20. jk703

I'm sorry you are suffering, but a vacation sounds amazing. Maybe the less stress will help you as well! That sounds a little scary medically to have to figure it out for yourself, or not have the support you need. Hoping it gets sorted out and you start to feel better!

Oh no! That's terrible! I hope she is doing better and on the mend. So scary! I wouldn't be in a good headspace either! Please know I'm thinking of you and your family! Sending hugs!