*WINNER ANNOUNCED* Layer Styled Papers | Summer School 2022: Week 1 LANGUAGE ARTS CLASS | CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Summer School 2022' started by wombat146, Jul 4, 2022.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Ona.. I could not help myself.. had to make another page.. this time using Paula's CU Textured Fabric Style

[​IMG]

Background was made with a gradient made from the photo.. (sand e2e1da to sky 9eb5cb ) and then I added the Fabric Texture Style to it, duplicated... one is under the blue striped paper at normal mode and one is above blue striped paper set to hue blend mode. The blue striped paper is set with Soft Light blend mode.

2. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Ona, I've updated my post - I used
    Mommyish - MPM Routine - Striped Vellum
    Mommyish - MPM routine crinkled on the background paper
    Mommyish_sept18-byoc_wood (on the small flowers on top)

wombat146 likes this.
  3. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Thanks sweetie!!! oh I love that wrinkled one!! :)

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I agree, I have a tonne but never think to use them very creatively like this.

Karen and wombat146 like this.
  5. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

I started playing with my styles and almost forgot I was actually supposed to be making a page. lol

The styles I used on papers are Stylin' #305 Wood Veneer on the paper that I used for the photo mat, Stylin' #304 Glitter Styles on the orange paper under the photo and Art & Nature Painters Toolbox Real Gesso Styles on a paper that I then applied a black layer mask and used a brush to reveal the gesso I wanted to use.

I also used March 2018 BYOC styles on the Paw Alpha where I used the cork style and on the paw element where I used the epoxy style. I then used Stylin' #303 Wire on the word "Mommy."

[​IMG]

paula kesselring and wombat146 like this.
  6. wombat146

hahhaaa! about getting carried away with playing with them!! with you on that, took me forever to get my page done!!! LOL!!! Fab page Cindy!!!

scribler likes this.
  7. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I played and played all day and then when I finally finished, Melli needed the computer. I’ll upload it tomorrow!

wombat146 likes this.
  8. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I don't think I have ever thought to use styles on paper (though I can't think of why I wouldn't have made that connection - so clever)
    I used Sahin Studio's Glitter No 21 for the background paper and the paper under the photo group

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  9. wombat146

Really love this layout Cheryl, could you please link it up to your gallery so we can all just click on it to go comment in the gallery! :) Go to your gallery and copy the Share BB Code, edit your post in this thread, delete the original picture of your layout, and just paste that code. Once you click the Save Changes your linked layout will appear. :)

upload_2022-7-7_15-21-29.png

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Well, that was fun!! I have never used layer styles on a full sheet of paper - thanks for this cool new technique, Ona! I started out with a patterned paper from the Hear My Voice Questioning. I used NBK She Toolbox Watercolor #4 for my paper and then applied the same layer style, but used #5 to change the frame.

[​IMG]

11. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

This is one of my favorite things to do with titles or elements. I love a glitter or sequin paper, too! The silver sequins on this layout are from Mommyish's DYD2016 Layer Styles.

Thanks for the great challenge!
    [​IMG]

paula kesselring likes this.
  12. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

I am not a big style user --they just seem so hard to use! However, I went through my stash and uploaded all of my styles and then I put them in folders. The one style set that I ALWAYS use is Mommyish's Shadow Styles--I love these!

For this page, I did a lot of playing around. I have a question--is there a way to add more than one style to a layer? I ended up using NBK's Winter Magic set on the chevron and banner. I also used some color styles which were nice because I didn't have to hunt for a paper to use with the template.
    The title uses Just Jaimee's Jelly with Shadow style.

[​IMG]

NBK-Design and paula kesselring like this.
  13. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Life is an Adventure Vol 2 Collab
    SKOOL Papers by Paula Kesselring (background paper)

Used Paula's free paper style for the background. I played with just about all the styles I had in my Photoshop, but decided that I liked the effect of Paula's!!

[​IMG]

14. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

ahh sorry about that thanks for the quick info to get it fixed

wombat146 likes this.
  15. wombat146

Such wonderful pages everyone, love seeing everyone's take on this and discovering more new styles that I need to check out!!! :)

Don't forget this challenge closes on Sunday July 10th 11.59pm EDT.

paula kesselring likes this.
  16. cfile

17. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I think it depends on what programme you use and what the styles are. I have PSE and if you simply the layer that has the first style applied you can then apply a second effect. Obviously this means you have 'overwritten' the original style so I always copy the element and hide the unsimplified one in case I change my mind. Alternatively, you can copy the layer and apply a different layer style and use blending modes.

NBK-Design, wombat146 and cfile like this.
  18. cfile

Susanne & Chai @chai another way is to add a blank layer above and then group the blank layer with the element /paper layer that the first style was done on and group those 2 layers together, then you can apply the additional style to the Group :)

PS CC you can have multiple but your suggestion (Susanne), and my suggestion are the only ways that I know of to add multi styles.

wombat146 likes this.
  19. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge! I love styles and use them often, but this time, I used only a template and styles, no other papers or elements.

NBK JOYous patterns & edges (for almost everything)
    NBK JOYous styles mix (kraft bg paper and title)
    NBK Electric Youth lace style (top paper)
    Free paper styles from Paula (for the word strips)

[​IMG]

20. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

@cfile @fruitysuet Thanks for your suggestions! I'll try them and see what works for me.

wombat146 and cfile like this.