Weekend Plans?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Jun 30, 2022.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

It’s is the 4 th of July coming up on Monday, and here in the States many will be celebrating this holiday this weekend with fireworks, gatherings, and parades. It’s my weekend to work so no fun for me! But I am sure I will hear how unfortunate it is that I have to be working while the same people are coming in to shop. I do have Monday off tho, so I have that to look forward towards.

Any plans this weekend holiday oriented or not? Let me live vicariously through you, lol!

2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Our holiday is tomorrow (Canada Day). It's a friends birthday and they're having a BBQ. There will be lots of people and animals all around. It'll be a fun day.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

No holiday plans. It's the first weekend of the month, so I have extra chores to do including rotating my mattress (January and July), cleaning my washing machine (quarterly), changing the furnace filter and the lint filter on my washer, etc.

My extended family used to get together at my sister's lake house for the 4th, but she and her DH sold it in 2020, and the family has just kind of scattered for the summer holidays.

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Nothing special planned. If the weather cooperates (supposed to be good), I'll watch the local fireworks from my driveway. Whether I take photos or not is still undecided.

I am making a trip to Hobby Lobby tomorrow afternoon. My cousin is going with me. We haven't done this in a long time! Otherwise, I'll continue with the shredding when the shredder cooperates. I've done quite a bit already so I hope to have the rest done before recycle pickup next Thursday. I also need to move some of my vinyl albums in the closet to the new stand that holds my Victrola player. Then I can finish organizing the rest of the albums in that closet. I've been in an organizing mood lately for stuff I've been putting off for years!

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  5. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Days of the week have gotten really blurry for me lately. It almost never feels like the actual day it is. My current work schedule has me working every other day-ish, so that doesn't help matters. :P

For this coming holiday weekend, I am working Friday, Sunday, and Monday. The only times we've really done any sort of Independence Day celebrations were when we were up in the Midwest visiting family, who all live in smaller towns. There is a big celebration at a park about 1.5 miles from my house, but we've never been to it. I have an aversion to crowds and the chaotic traffic that always seems to go with these things.

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am hoping Bianca gets to have tons of caddying hours and I get to sleep till noon!

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

No holiday plans. I'm really not feeling like celebrating our country (have less and less so for years now).

But I have big travel plans this weekend. I'm taking my daughter on a road trip (much shorter than last year's!) to Tennessee (we're in Virginia) to see her friend. Leaving at 4:30am tomorrow, spending two nights, and driving home Sunday.

jk703, rach3975 and Memaw2Wm like this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

:heartlub Happy anniversary!!! :heartlub

cfile likes this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thanks Michele :)

michelepixels likes this.
  10. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Sounds like a great time

11. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

We'll be celebrating Canada Day with a family here at the cottage for the holiday weekend. The weather is looking good, so we hope to get a hike in, maybe a bit of kayaking (although the lake is really high right now) and then some are playing golf on Sunday.

12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

We have such a crisis with electricity. You can read about it here.
    Strikes, shortages, break downs.
    Stage 6 load shedding means the power goes off for 2 hours, then 4 hours and then 2 hours again in every 24 hour cycle.
    We have an invertor and batteries but at stage 6 they may not charge sufficiently with the outtages.
    So no plans. Stay home, read and chill.

13. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

We will be busy. Tomorrow we are driving to Portland where we will go wine tasting (Saturday) with my daughter and her husband. They are flying to Portland and driving back to town with us.
    :wine:wine:wine
    Monday we will have a BBQ here with friends and family, midday. We haven’t gone to any fireworks displays during Covid, but we may walk down to the beach Monday night and see what the locals are firing off. It’s fun but you definitely hope they shoot them towards the water and not towards the park!!
    :funfun

14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

This is the same situation here too….this week I thought a three hour meeting was this past Tuesday and I’d missed it but turns out it’s next Tuesday morning.

Anyway, it’s just a normal weekend here. I’m on my own all day tomorrow as per normal so depending on how I feel I may get some scrapping in otherwise the only plans are getting a fairly complex job application done by 5pm Monday and more than likely help my mum sign up for her pension in two countries - as she’s lived and worked in both Canada and New Zealand she has to apply for both since there is a reciprocal agreement in place, doesn’t mean she gets any more $$$ though, just more paperwork!

KimJ likes this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We have zero plans for the entire weekend and I can't begin to describe how excited I am to do NOTHING! We get Monday and Tuesday off work, so I have a lovely four day weekend. I think I'll get up and read outside on my patio tomorrow morning for a bit and then I'm hoping to sort a bunch of pictures and get organized to start scrapping our family vacation to Mexico that we took in April. My hubby wants to do a bunch of fishing on Lake Michigan because it's Perch season, so I'll even be able to scrap by myself without feeling guilty. :giggle

16. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

My 15-year-old son was supposed to have a baseball tournament, but since only 4 teams signed up for it, it was canceled. So, that means we have a free weekend for a change! I would love to have my 3 kids help me out in the garden, but that probably won't happen because we are supposed to have heavy thunderstorms. A weekend of scrapping sounds good to me!!

17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Archery competition for my son tomorrow. Probably some yard work thrown in there. Sunday after church, I'm taking my daughter to camp. Monday is a cookout at my parents' and then fireworks downtown!

18. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I went with my best friend Scott to the Como Zoo in Minnesota to spread some of his daughters ashes ..she had a list of places she wanted to go in her lifetime and it was one she never made before she passed in 2019 at 16 of Ewing bone cancer . ... we also ate dinner at Fogo De Chao and spent time enjoying Minneapolis.

19. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

DD has been at overnight camp for 2 weeks, so tomorrow we go pick her up. We postponed celebrating Father's Day since that was the day we had to go drop her off, so Sunday we'll celebrate Father's Day. No idea what my husband wants to do, but I wouldn't be upset if he wanted to have a day at home to relax!

Definitely feeling this! No plans and no plans to seek out anything 4th-related. I haven't decided yet if I'm taking the day off or if I'll need to do schoolwork (full time student this summer). I'm waiting for one professor to post next week's assignments, and then I'll see if I can afford to take the day off.

michelepixels likes this.
  20. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

My husband bought a small Weber smoker yesterday, so we’ll be smoking meats all weekend long just to figure out how it works. I had been at a friend’s house for dinner and her husband had smoked salmon for our meal that was absolutely to die for, and I knew right then and there that we needed one!

We’re mostly hanging around the area. My DH and I are going to see Béla Fleck & My Bluegrass Heart, Sam Bush, and The Jerry Douglas Band at the Wolf Trap Performing Arts Center tonight, the first concert we’ve been to in about five years. I’m very excited about that! My DD is here for the summer so we’ll all be visiting my in-laws for the first in-person meal we’ve spent together with everyone in four years. We’ll cap off the weekend by watching the Capital Fourth fireworks and concert on PBS. I used to have the energy to go to that in person ever year before I was married, now it’s just too crazy with the crowds, security and all so we watch from the comfort of our living room.

I hope everyone has an amazing weekend, no matter where you are!