Subscriptions | June 20, 2022

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Jun 20, 2022.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

There are so many subscriptions now. It’s so hard to keep track of all the different types. I used to subscribe to a lot of magazines back in the day. I also use to have a monthly subscription to a cat box that would have treats and toys mailed to me monthly. Now I only subscribe to some digital media including the Washington Post, the Daily Beast, Time magazine (I got a free sub), and Bon appetite magazines.

Do you have any subscriptions? What do you subscribe to? Do you have a favorite?

2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I subscribe to Audible, Blinkist, Spotify and Netflix. Not sure if that's what you had in mind?
    I don't subscribe to anything else.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    Cherylndesigns and weaselwatchr like this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I subscribe to a lot of things. Haha - Scribd Audio Books, some products on Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime Music, Amazon Prime Reading, several streaming TV apps, I subscribed to Bark Box for a year - we have bags full of dog toys as a result, several apps on my phone - eek!!

4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I used to get lots of magazines and when I was a paper scrapper I belonged to a lot of monthly kit clubs but these days Aside from Adobe, Smugmug, Netflix, Amazon and Apple monthly subscription, I only subscribe to a few phone apps...Carb Manager Premium, All Trails (for hiking) and read my magazines through Apple News Plus.

5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Amazon Prime and a monthly subscription to an online school for PSP tutorials. I'm in trial periods for the Adobe Photography Plan for another 7 weeks so I'll have to decide if Lightroom is worth keeping it. I'm also in my trial period for Sirius XM on my new car but will for sure continue it. I have one subscription product through Prime for the dog. Once I get the Ring doorbells installed, I will subscribe to their plan as well so I can view video if needed.

Haven't had magazines for physical newspaper subscriptions for over 20 years (and, yes my town still has a physical paper delivered). And, back in the day (aka 35 to 40 years ago), I belonged to a couple of book clubs... Literary Guild and a monthly Harlequin Romance club. Those were great since I did a lot of reading back then (and digital wasn't even around).

6. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

7. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I subscribe to the Swedish magazine VEGO. It's a magazine with focus on vegetarian food. And then I have Netflix.

8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

None in the traditional sense but a tonne of digital subscriptions.

Adobe, MS Office, Spotify, Neon (a streaming service), Pepper & Me Club (a recipe club for a range of locally made food products), A Little Bit Yummy Wellness/Recipe Club (a combination of education, support and recipes for Low Fodmap) and in the past I’ve also done Weight Watchers digitally (am on a break at the moment).

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Amazon, Kindle Unlimited, Spotify, Smugmug, PS, and StitchFix (it's more like every 6 weeks).
    I have Netflix through my mom.

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I was going to say I don't have any subscriptions in the sense of magazines or monthly boxes. I used to have a subscription to a watercolor project box and an art journaling box. I quit the watercolor one because I had too many projects piled up that I still haven't finished yet and then the art journaling subscription ended. If it hadn't, I'd still subscribe to that one.

And then similar to other people's we have (far too many) TV subscriptions... We have Netflix and Amazon Prime, then we get Hulu and Disney+ free with our Verizon plan. I think we have Paramount+ maybe with our Comcast plan too. I seriously cannot keep track of them all and constantly have to ask my hubby where to watch whatever show we are currently watching together. It makes my head spin sometimes.

11. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Oh - I might just add this to my list later this evening. Got a great offer in an e-mail today, and I (read we cuz it's true for hubby as well LOL) really need to get back on track again after Covid. Part of me wants to wait til after summer, but then again ... WW food never tastes better than in the summer (lots of veggies & fruit, I mean, in the hot weather). We'll see what hubby says when he gets home from work.

12. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I do not buy cable TV anymore. Went to Firestick and app subscriptions like HBO Max, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. The yearly cost for the HBO Max was less than one month's total cable price. Even though we now have a monthly internet + all the subscriptions, I save loads of $$$ with the Firstick and apps rather than cable. And with cable, I had like 1K
    channels that I NEVER watched. All the apps I have have movies and shows that I watch every evening. Win!

I also do Audible. Used to listen to books while driving to/from work. Made the commute pleasurable; even if I got stuck in traffic. Now that I'm retired, I still have Audible. It takes me ~ 3 hours (with a break) to cut the grass every week. Listening to a book while mowing is quite nice.

13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Spotify, Netflix, Amazon Prime for the family.

Subscriptions to monthly creative stuff:
    Adobe/Lightroom CC
    Patreon for a creator of planner stickers (Kell-of-a-Plan)
    Community member of Crafty Me app (monthly printables, community, and fun with stickers)
    Bible journaling kits from Illustrated Faith (not a subscription but I buy the kit each month)
    Currently considering subscription to new group for creative Christian women cultivating gratitude (by Gr8tful Chick)

Prior:
    Monthly subscription to Extravagant Hope (snail mail of postcards, stickers, etc. about Hope)
    Subscription to M3 here at the pad (miss it!)
    Community member of SoJo Academy (started by our own @jenevang)
    Community member of Christian Women (back in the dark ages - but I still keep in touch with 2 of those online friends)

So yes, I will pay to be a member of community and for included stuff/benefits of being a member.
    And yes, I participate here less because I have gone back to real paper and stickers and glue and all the things. Even bought the stuff to make my own scratch and sniff stickers - I know crazy!

14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I used to LOVE :love magazines in the olden days before the Internet. I had subscriptions to several including Good Housekeeping, Travel, and some scrapbook magazines. I stopped subscribing to a newspaper around 2008.

Let's see if I can remember all my current subscriptions.
    Adobe Photograper's Plan
    Netflix - probably our oldest subscription; we canceled cable in 2005 in favor of Netflix
    Smugmug - protects my images and provides a platform for my personal website
    Backblaze - You all know what this is, I think! :D
    Day One Journal - This is is just as important to me now as my Smugmug and Backblaze subs.
    GoDaddy for URLs for both my husband and me
    YouTube Premium - I use this much, much more than Netflix but the rest of my family still wants Netflix.
    Curiosity Stream/Nebula

15. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Hi Bev! There is a bit a revival of the Hybrid Forum and activity happening there. Especially if you have done any cut and paste using TLP items, would love to see your work! I think there are quite a few of us that have or are migrating back to paper, glue, scissors. It is exciting! Even if you haven't incorporated TLP items into your work, you may have ideas or tips you can share with us.

Nemla and Karen like this.
  16. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I subscribed to Ladies Home Journal and several craft magazines back in the day, ,including counted cross stitch and traditional/paper scrapping.

My current subscriptions are:

Washington Post (digital)
    Disney+ with Hulu/ESPN add-on
    Netflix
    Starz
    Discovery+

Starz expires in July and Discovery+ at the end of the year. I won't renew them until *my* shows have new seasons next year. I don't have cable/FiOS anymore.

17. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Amazon... Walgreens pharmacy (does 1000s of.meds count?) ... netflix..Netflix... disney..Disney... hulu..Hulu... Billie razor...
    A few free bride freebie groups with tips and ideas