do you sleep with | pad patter 6.21.22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jun 21, 2022.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

[​IMG]

I wish I could say E. total silence, but it's A: a fan going because my hubby snores. Even with ear plugs, I need the fan going to help drown out his snoring. :giggle

2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

C for the last 6 years due to tinnitus. Only way I can sleep is to have background noise so that the buzzing in my ear isn't the loudest thing hear. During the summer I will also have the central fan going in the house 24/7 (instead of A/C) so that helps as well.

3. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

E. Total silence…except in the summer when the ceiling fan is going.

4. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I sleep with a fan on and a noise maker. It's a little box that has sounds. I usually play a babbling brook or rain. I have tinnitus really bad, so I need sound to sleep. Silence drives me crazy because of the tinnitus. I hate it.

HavaDrPepper and Cherylndesigns like this.
  5. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I have a very hard time sleeping in total silence. We have a humidifier running year round (naturally dry air in the winter, air-conditioned dry air in the summer) and the sound is similar to a fan. (We also have our ceiling fan running, but it doesn't make much noise.) On nights I can't sleep, I will move out to the couch and put the TV on very low to keep me distracted until I'm able to drift off.

We also have nightlights throughout the house so that anyone getting up during the night can see where they are going. :)

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have my overhead fan on, the bathroom fan on and my sound machine on white noise. I also sleep with my air pods, and my deep sleep music on my phone. I have it set to go off after 3 hours. I also have one light on in the bathroom and solar night lights on in the bedroom, bathroom and my adjoining office. They're specifically for sleeping and aren't bright, but soothing. (Another tinnitus sufferer here, too. - silence is deafening.)

7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

FAN year round, and Air Pods with noise cancellation and foam covers(worth the money) in one ear. I listen to snapped/dateline podcast. My hubby snores, and I am learning how to kill him and hide the body..bhahwhahhahah
    [​IMG]

ArmyGrl likes this.
  8. Pachimac

I'm the snorer. Don't kill me!

9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

bwhahah! chances us sleeping together pretty slim...but I tell ya, I have learned a thing or two from Dateline! hahahha
    full size industrial garbage bags (just a hint)
    bhahhahwhahah

10. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

11. Pachimac

Yeah, really!! Since I started menopause I'm lucky if I fall asleep, and even luckier if I STAY asleep for any long period of time!

cfile and tanteva like this.
  12. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

If had a babbling brook or rain, I'd be up and going to the bathroom all night long!

I tried music but that just kept me awake. So I alternate between several stations and have the sound on low so I don't actually get interested in whatever is on but it is loud enough to drown out the buzzing. Station of choice lately has been HLN with Forensic Files that run all night long.

I was diagnosed 6 years ago right when my father died (actually 6 years this week). I had cut the cord a month earlier and only had Prime streaming which would cut off after several hours. The silence would wake me up. I tried the music in lieu of TV but... So I had cable reconnected.

Try sleeping when the electric is out and it is dead silent. Pretty much didn't sleep that night when the power went out in town after a tornado went through. Silent and dark = long night.

13. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Fan. We have a ranch house that is all tile floors and if one person is up, everyone else is too! :D So, I sleep with a fan to drown out noise. I'm a very light sleeper which is a pain!

14. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

I used to be able to sleep standing if necessary when younger, I usually sleep well with the fan on *given it's hot outside and the fan is to cool you down, can't stand any light though, forced hubby put a plaster over the red light on his extension plug thing, as the light would keep me awake. But today all the rules are out of the window, our kitten is missing, and I have left all the doors wide open, it's 2 a.m. and I have a child with anxiety curled up on the sofa while I take vigil and there are winged ants attracted by the light of the screen and two fireflies and a cricket in the living room with me, and all I want is a meow... Praying for her safe return, I am an old woman and couldn't stay up all the time, and the kid is suffering already, can't imagine how hard it is for her... She was playing ukulele for me to send me to sleep but luckily dropped off herself... Keep us in your thoughts, we need all the good vibes we can get tonight.

15. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Once I’m asleep it’s total silence for me.

16. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

So sorry, Olga. I hope she is back with you safe and sound very soon!

17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

A) Fan.... and C) TV on, set with a timer to turn off in 1 hr

I am with @Pachimac Susie.. I cannot tell you the last time I had a solid night sleep. The flashes are real :)

18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

oh gosh Olga @zinzilah prayers Favilla will return shortly or is already home.

19. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

@zinzilah I hope she comes home and all is well! Hugs!

We have a fan going, but it's relatively quiet, but it's just enough. I hear the air conditioning system hop on and off occasionally. I have to get tested, but I think I have a mild case of tinnitus. I may eventually turn to a sound machine... right now, the fan does it. oh, and my hubby is usually a light snorer - more of a snufflerer, lol, so it's not dead silent.

20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My hubby and I both need a fan to sleep. I need both the cooling effects and the noise. :giggle When we go to a hotel room or stay at someone else's house, if it's too quiet, we can't sleep. I also prefer no lights. Lights wake me up, especially when the sun comes up SUPER early in the summer, then I can't sleep in unless I put eye covers on.