Slowwww scrap | June Storytelling Series

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Jun 18, 2022.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Dad knows best...

Unfortunately, I won't be able to join in on the chat. I have a last-minute photoshoot for a politician that I can't pass up the $$$ =)

Last year, we focused on techniques to add interest to our layouts. This year, I am starting a new series. I would like to take this year to dive deep into telling meaningful stories and writing out some of those memories that I've been putting off creating layouts for.

Each month, please join me for an *extra* slow scrap. I will host a chat with a prompt and ideas for multiple ways to document stories within the prompts. Then, you will have 48 hours to create your layout...yep...extra time, in case you need to find a photo or rustle up a memory.

In the US, June 19th is Father's Day...so I thought for this month, we'll tell a story about dear ole' dad. It doesn't have to be about your dad...could be about anything "dad" related. Here are some ideas.

June 18 | Dad knows best....

You may interpret the prompt in any way that is meaningful to you. Here are a few ideas to get your mind thinking deeper. If you don't have stories of your own dad, feel free to fill in with your kids' dad or someone else who has given you a lasting memory.

1. Tell a story about your Dad from your childhood that has stuck with you all these years.

2. Remember a funny moment or conversation you had with your Dad. Or tell your favorite Dad Joke.

3. Remember some sage advice or "dad always used to say..."

4. Use the lyrics of the song that you and Dad danced to at your wedding.

5. A letter to Dad or from Dad...can be for/from your kids or you.....Some sort of letter works.

Instructions
    1. Use the prompt "Dad knows best..." - and put that somewhere on the page, so we know it's for the scrap...a title or an element. If you aren't using something your dad knew or said, feel free to change up the prompt...but it should be clear that it's for this specific scrap.
    2. Add a meaningful story - yes...journal! but there isn't a limit or certain amount....it's all you
    3. Photos optional
    4. Make a page you LOVE.

Please post your completed layout in The Lilypad gallery. GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

***You have 48 hours to complete your LO***

2. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I love this storytelling series - I get to reminisce, in this case about my Papa.
    [​IMG]

mcurtt and flowersgal like this.
  3. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

4. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I hope your photo shoot went well Farrah.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    mcurtt likes this.
  5. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

For the last few years, I have been keeping lists and writing stories of my memories when I was little. While not the typical Father's Day tribute, it is one I remember of my dad. Another story told...

[​IMG]

flowersgal likes this.
  7. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

8. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

9. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile