June Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'June 2022 Challenges' started by bellbird, May 29, 2022.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Welcome to the June Photography challenge! (But also, how is it June already?!)

This month my photography prompt for you is "Looking Up!". As with any prompt, it is open to interpretation and hopefully you can see multiple possibilities with this one.

You could take it literally and take your photo from below something which can really indicate scale (imagine photographing a huge palm tree from the very base, looking straight up towards the sky with dappled sunshine filtering through, or straight up in the middle of a city street full of skyscrapers and high-rise buildings. This is completely different to most landscape or architecture photography as the emphasis is on the vertical area rather than the horizontal) but it can also give that subject a whole new perspective (at Christmas, lying underneath the tree and looking up through the branches and lights is a fun perspective change but children also can look like giants when photographed from the floor, looking up). Alternatively, if you are emerging from a long cold winter, maybe you photograph something that suggests "things are looking up" as the saying goes. It could be something that instantly brightens your day, or something that is symbolic and suggests better days are coming!

• As with all TLP Photography Challenges, please take at least one new photo inspired by the prompt and share how your photo relates to the prompt when you reply here and post your new layout in this thread, or in your (optional) journalling on your page. Can't wait to see what you capture in June!
    download.jpg
    This is my page for this month- despite literally looking up often at home, i'm often also saying 'get down!' to my photo subject, Steve.

credits: ForeverJoy | Wild One kit; Allison Pennington | Flare for the Dramatic kit and alpha; font: Brianne Hand
    [​IMG]

As always, please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the June Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  2. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

3. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

Great challenge!!
    [​IMG]

Thuria and bellbird like this.
  4. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

5. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

6. myka

myka Well-Known Member

Went to this park a few days ago, it's in my home town and I just haven't got around to going, so finally I did. Represents a covered wagon, from the last supply stop on the Oregon Trail.
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  7. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

8. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

10. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

A photo taken from under the birch tree in our garden.

[​IMG]

trekmom and bellbird like this.
  11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Interesting challenge. I stooped down below a hanging plant (petunias) & looked up toward the house. You can see the light fixture by the garage door and much of the roof line.

[​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  12. elwaechter

elwaechter Dances with Fairies

13. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I took it literally and shot up through tree branches
    [​IMG]

14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the fun challenge, Justine.

[​IMG]

15. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Honestly, this started with one photo looking up. But it quickly deteriorated...
    [​IMG]

16. Scrap by Irre

Scrap by Irre Well-Known Member

17. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

18. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Omg! If I had a pin board of all the pages that make me appreciate my husband's allergy to cat fur, this would be the cover!

19. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

20. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

Looking up in ways more than one - I took this photo of my daughter looking up at the sky while we were waiting for the car the other day, but then I realized she's looking up in so many different ways right now - learning who she is, picking up skills, discovering the world and finding people to look up to... the photo came out a bit overexposed so I applied a threshold filter to it and played with levels to make it look as if it had been the plan all along. :)

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, trekmom and bellbird like this.