My news to share

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by A-M, May 16, 2022.

1. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

For those who may not know what has been happening in my life on 28th February my home and town was flooded and my husband and I spent a week in evacuation centre before we could get back into our house to clean it out with the help of family members and strangers.

We have been staying with friends in the town we moved from nearly 9 years ago. We do not have the funds to repair our flood damaged home so put it on the market to sell as is. We found a one bedroom unit in a small retirement village in a small town ( population 2100) that we fell in love with.

Last Thursday we went back to our house to do one last tidy up of the yard and bring back the remaining belongings we had saved and had stored in our large shed. On the way back on Friday we called into our solicitors to hand in the contract ( someone has bought our house) and give the real estate our remaining keys. But we did not get back here where we are staying that day as planned we got stuck in a town called Warwick because it was flooded at the northern end of the town ( we were heading north) so another night in an evacuation centre where we were fed well that night and the next morning by the local Lions Club. At least this flood water receded very quickly and we were able to leave on the Saturday afternoon.

Yesterday because we will have the money from the sale of our house, we put in the contract on the unit in the retirement village.

So we should be in our new little home before my birthday next month.

2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I’m so glad you have good news. I hope you will love living in the retirement village. Good luck as you begin this new stage of your life.

A-M likes this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Happy for Anne-Marie. What a roller-coaster of emotions, I am sure. Sounds like you are making progress and I hope your new home is everything you desire.

A-M likes this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Oh @A-M -AnneMarie, you have truly walked through a storm- I'm so glad to hear you like your new town and place. Thanking God for providing!

A-M likes this.
  5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Wow! You've been through so much. Glad things seem to be working out.

A-M likes this.
  6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm glad that you are finally on the way to being in your new home.

A-M likes this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@A-M I know this has been such a long journey for y'all. I'm delighted to read that you have found a place that you can call home. Sending you much love and hugs and keeping you in thoughts and prayers for everything to run smoothly.

A-M likes this.
  8. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I’m glad to hear you found a place you love and you were able to sell your house. Wishing you many good thoughts for a smooth transition!

A-M likes this.
  9. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I am so happy things are working out for you. Sending continued good vibes !

A-M likes this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

YAY I am so glad to hear the good news that you were able to sell the house and have found a new place to live in a small retirement village.. how wonderful. Blessings to you and your husband in your new home and journey. Big hugs Anne-Marie :)

A-M likes this.
  11. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

what a journey this has been and still is for you. I hope you get to move into your new home quickly and enjoy being there.

A-M likes this.
  12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Thanks for the update Anne-Marie! I'm so glad you found someone to buy your house and that you found somewhere that you love to move to. That'll be a great birthday to celebrate in your new place. :agree

A-M likes this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

It's SO good to hear from you!! I've been thinking of you so much and wonderful how the clean up was going. Bless your hearts, you've all been through so much. Sounds like you're all pulling together and helping each other out - that's wonderful. Sending love, hugs and prayers to you. :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

A-M likes this.
  14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

So glad you are doing ok Anne-Marie! What a relief your house sold, and you found a new location! Best wishes on the move and settling in!

A-M likes this.
  15. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Its is very good to hear that things are looking up. Sending more prayers of well being.

A-M likes this.
  16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

It sounds like a great plan! I know it wasn't your original plan but sometimes the twists and turns in our lives are the Lord's way of helping us to something better in the end. I hope this is true for you! I know it doesn't make it better at all, but I hope it will eventually be better. I can't wait to hear about your retirement village and your little place! Or better yet, see it in pages!

A-M likes this.
  17. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update - and love the good news!!

A-M likes this.
  18. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Thanks for the update Anne-Marie. Glad to hear that your house sold and that you have found a new home in a retirement village. Best wishes with the moving in.

A-M likes this.
  19. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I am happy that you have found somewhere small to settle now and that you love it.

A-M likes this.
  20. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

What a time you've had, I hope you'll be happy in your new home and that everything goes to plan from here on out, you deserve it! :heartlub

A-M likes this.