Chocolate Chips | Pad Patter 5.15

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, May 15, 2022.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Happy Chocolate Chip Day!
    [​IMG]

I do love me some chocolate chips. I try to keep a bag on hand, just in case I get a sweet craving. Sometimes I will get the dark chocolate ones, melt them, and mix with a little peanut butter...yum!! Chance likes to make crescent rolls filled with chocolate chips and baked. We are also a fan of the cookies around here.

Are you a chocolate chip fan?
    Do you have any favorite recipes that use chocolate chips?

Last edited: May 15, 2022
    gonewiththewind likes this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I don’t mind chocolate chips but don’t tend to choose things that are chocolate too often anyway. Am lactose intolerant so can only really have dark which I’m not a huge fan of.

3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Love chocolate chips. Used to keep a bag in the cupboard for when I got the urge to make a rice krispies recipe I love. Don't have any now though. Haven't tried eating that treat yet.

Choco-Scotch Clusters
    Melt together in heavy saucepan over low heat: 1 6 oz package semi-sweet chocolate morsels, 1 6 oz package butterscotch morsels and 2 tablespoon peanut butter (creamy was my preference).
    Stir constantly until well blended then remove from heat.
    Add 4 cups rice krispies, stir until well coated.
    Drop by teaspoonful on wax paper and let stand in cool place until firm.
    Or if you are lazy like I am, press the mixture into a 9x13 buttered pan. When firm, cut into squares.

Or you can switch the above recipe up a little and use only the chocolate and butterscotch chips with 6 oz of chow mein noodles and 1/2 cup salted peanuts. Drop on to wax paper and let cool.

My go to for any carry-in was always the Choco-Scotch Clusters. I usually doubled the recipe and very rarely had any left to bring home!

bestcee likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

You're killing me!!! I used to LOVE them and kept a bag in my freezer at all times. I never thought I'd live to see the day that I couldn't eat chocolate. It's SO awful to not be able to eat it!!!

5. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

CHOCOLATE!!!!! Yes, I love chocolate, in all forms. Chip, bar, powder, frosting... the only thing I don't like is chocolate cake. All other chocolate forms are magnificent.

I like to make frosting by melting chocolate chips in the microwave, usually bittersweet or semisweet, then mixing with just a bit of butter and powdered sugar. It was my mom's recipe and I make it in her honor.

6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

[​IMG] OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!
    My favorite cookie features chips. But must confess, that if there is a bag of the semi-sweets in the cabinet, a big "mouse" (whose name I will not disclose but the initals might be AJK) seems to be able to open the package and eat them a few at a time when the "need" arises. We tried keeping them in the freezer, but that didn't stop the mouse- mouse must have a nice warm jacket and strong paws!

scribler likes this.
  7. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I kove chocolate..of all types and always ha very some kn hand or I turn into a mega witch . .chocolate chips are great to take meds with to keep nasty ew flavors away..lol since I can't swallow pills and chew them 99 percent of time

I also love adding chips to cocoa ...lol

Or making smores in the microwave

8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I have a bag of semi-sweet in the baking cabinet. I do love to have a snack on them from time to time.

AJK likes this.
  9. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

Love chocolate chips. When the weather is cooler, I love to make oatmeal and add chocolate chips + blackberries to the oatmeal. So yummy.

10. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I love pretty much any chocolate chip cookie, but have never really been tempted to eat the chips on their own. I'm the same way with other chocolates – I will eat plain chocolate bars or whatever, but I prefer ones with something else in them. :)

11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I may or may not have asked Hubster to pick up a bag for me today! :giggle So kind of him to do so, just wish he could do something about that "mouse"!!!:D:hehe:hehe:hehe

12. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Are you a chocolate chip fan? BIG FAN... Huge... ;) My kids love the mini chips for pancakes, yogurt, etc. I love semisweet for a sweet fix (fyi- a chocolate chip fits perfectly inside a ripe raspberry & my most favorite snack!) and for baking!

Do you have any favorite recipes that use chocolate chips?
    I make a chocolate chip cookie cupcake with a brown sugar buttercream that is just to die for! SO good! We also make a lot of good ole Nestle chocolate chip cookies- my daughter bakes them at least once a month!

13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Love chocolate chips but they have to be dark chocolate chips. I usually sprinkle a few on top of my ice cream.

14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I love chocolate and try to stick to my own recipes so I can use sweetener and the carb count is very low. I bring this dessert often to pot luck dinners and everyone loves these.
    (128) Pinterest

norton94 likes this.
  15. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

This is pretty much me too! I find chocolate chips a little chalky by themselves.

KimJ likes this.
  16. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I love chocolate chips! I make chocolate chip cookies often, and my secret is that I use Ghiradelli chips and mix half a bag of milk chocolate chips and one bag of semisweet chocolate chips instead of just one bag of semi-sweet. I use the Nestle Tollhouse recipe but have to have the Ghiradelli chips- they are SO good! I also love to snack on pecan halves with a few milk-chocolate chips.

17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I adore the Ghiradelli chips! If I use those on cookies for you, you must be liked!

Because they are expensive here, so I end up with other brands more often.

18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep! I like chocolate chips, but I don't typically eat them by themselves.

My secret is to make chocolate chip cookies with the minis instead of regular size. It feels like you get more chocolate because it looks more chocolate filled, and tastes more chocolatey, even though it's the same amount of chocolate.

19. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Chocolate Chip memories ---
    I grew up in a family with 6 kids, so my mom had rules. Like if it was unopened, we could not open it. Oh how we would check the cupboard often to see if she had opened the bag of chocolate chips. So once she did, we would put a handful in a cupcake paper cup, twist the top, and then use the heat from our hands to make a giant "kiss". Yummy!

@AJK - My mom always claimed she had "big mice" in the house too that ate all the things she was saving to make something with. Hence the rule mentioned above.

Now a days, we have all kinds of bags of chocolate chips around, but since I also keep a chocolate bar/candy stash, I just eat that instead.

20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We almost always have chocolate chips on hand. We always use Toll House semi-sweet for our chocolate chip cookies. I bought milk chocolate once on accident and they just are not the same! Lol. I also keep mini chocolate chips on hand in a little tupperware container because my kids love to make "banana snacks". They slice up a banana, smear a bit of peanut butter on each slice and then sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top. Yummy! I've been know to make them for myself when I want a sweet treat too.

The crescent rolls with chocolate chips inside sound like a fabulous idea. My hubby loves chocolate croissants, so he'd probably love it if I tried those.