PSCC Bridge Question

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, May 15, 2022.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Can you search/select two different tags when searching? eg: alpha & colour or is it limited to just one?

gonewiththewind likes this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I don't use enough Bridge to know. But, maybe @gonewiththewind Cheryl knows? Or hopefully one of our other heavy Bridge users will jump in!

3. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I use Bridge exclusively, but I don't tag. I'm sorry.

4. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Yes if you select advanced search you should be able to

littlekiwi likes this.
  5. littlekiwi

Thanks so much!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Yes, you can.

Choose EDIT > FIND.

When you have that dialog box open, you'll be able to set your parameters. There's a plus sign to the far right of the dialog box which will let you add an additional parameter (filename, keyword, etc.).

bestcee and littlekiwi like this.
  7. littlekiwi

Thanks Cheryl!

8. gonewiththewind

Any time, my friend!

9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I also thank you for this tip!

I've been playing more with Bridge and noticed that it has color coding although it just shows a color bar below the image. I like the LR way of showing colors better. However, with this tip, I noticed that you can search for both keywords and labels (color coding is a label) at the same time!

And, I've been experimenting with the color coding of my previews for kits that I have used. Since it is a label, it gets embedded in the file and I can search on that in Picasa as well. Bridge is looking like a good addition to my scrapping tools but I'm still really partial to Picasa.

I'm still not sold completely on LR especially since I can't drag/drop to PSP from it... which I can do from both Picasa and Bridge.

10. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

That drives me crazy about LR. I have to export each picture one by one to the desktop and then I can use it.

11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I could have it open the file in PSP by right clicking and select "edit in PSP" but I normally just drag/drop directly to the layer palette. When I do that it keeps the item name as the layer name. So when I drag/drop for example, image 1616, it shows in the layer palette as Image 1616. Great when you have lots of photos that are the same but not exactly the same if you know what I mean. Same with the papers/elements from kits. The file name shows as the layer name. Once I found out I could do that in PSP, it was a game changer as to how I scrapped!

12. gonewiththewind

You can choose multiple photos to export at one time so you don't have to export them one by one. Just select the photos you want to export and then right click and choose EXPORT and then choose your parameters.

If you don't need edits on the photo, right click on the photo and choose SHOW IN EXPLORER. From there, you can quickly drag the unedited file from Explorer into Photoshop.

Lightroom_ShowInExplorer.jpg

If you've made edits to a single photo OR if you've made no edits, you can right click and then choose EDIT IN, and you'll have a couple of options depending on what software is installed on your computer. Below, you'll see I'm able to edit in PSCC or PSE, or I can open the photo as a smart object in Photoshop.

Lightroom_EditIn.jpg

Finally, if you have multiple photos that you want to use on a layout (with or without edits), you can select multiple images and then you'll get some additional options besides the options shown above. For instance, OPEN AS LAYERS IN PHOTOSHOP will open the three photos I've selected into a separate document with those three photos as the layers.

Lightroom_EditIn_MultipleImages.jpg

Hope that helps you use Lightroom a little more quickly!