Slow Scrap 5.13 - Closed

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bestcee, May 13, 2022.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

We are chatting live in the chat room now! Come join us.

Today we are talking about a way to stretch your stash, or use that kit you love with a photo that isn't quite right!

Our instructions for the scrap tonight:
    Our focus is to change the color of something to make it work for us.
    1. Pick out 2 photos.
    2. Add 4 papers. Of the 4, a minimum of 2 must have a color change (you can change all 4 if you'd like). You can use whatever way you are most comfortable with.
    3. Add a minimum of 2 identical elements EXCEPT one you will change the color from the original. So, perhaps a button in red and blue, or a flower in white and pink. You can add more, but there must be at least 2 identical elements.
    4. Add an alpha title in at least 2 colors.
    5. Add a journal card.
    6. Add at least the date. Feel free to add journaling!

Please tell me the items that you changed colors so I know which ones to look for. If you changed the whole kit, that's great too! Just let me know.

There are many, many tutorials on changing the colors in your kit. Here is one at Sahlin Studio's Blog: http://sahlinstudio.com/learn-how-to-easily-change-colors-in-photoshop/
    And another at Paislee Press: https://paisleepress.com/2015/05/how-to-recolour-digital-scrapbooking-supplies/ and at the Lilypad blog: https://the-lilypad.com/selective-recoloring-tips-in-photoshop/. There's some instructions here as well: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/recoloring-alphas.76481/#post-1336733
    There's an Affinity Tutorial about Gradients here: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/affinity-tutorial-gradient-colouring-of-stamps-brushes.75474/ and one about color changing here: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/affinity-tutorial-recolour-layer-adjustment.75273/

If you can't find one that works for you, please speak up and we'll help! How you change the colors is up to you and whatever works best for you.

All layouts are due by 5/14/22 at 9pm EDT. Please post them in the thread here so I can see them!

Please post your completed layout in The Lilypad gallery. GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    Ferdy and G.J. like this.
  2. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

reclored the 2 blue papers and the blue flower is orginal, 2nd recorded

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    G.J. likes this.
  3. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Thanks for the chat and scrap. I changed the color on all the papers, the heart, and one of the flairs. The blue flair is the original color.
    [​IMG]

4. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I recolored the 4 papers from Gina Miller's Sage kit and one of the hearts from Gina Miller's Crazy Plant Lady
    [​IMG]

5. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Fun challenge, thank you so much for hosting and the instructions. Here's my take on the challenge. I recolored 3 papers, included the background, I kept the little squares original. I recolored 1 flower -gray- and the tiger -gray or white, lol-
    [​IMG]

6. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

I recolored the large dot paper (from pink to teal) and the heart paper (pink hearts changed to teal again).
    I recolored the flower. The original is navy blue, I recolored to teal.
    I was a bit confused when it came to the alpha instruction. The alpha comes only in black and white, I recolored some letters teal and white. I hope that's ok.

7. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ice cream paper - changed blue lines to teal lines and slightly recoloured the red to make it less vivid
    Background waffle cone paper - was a much browner colour which I overlaid onto a cream plain paper and changed the blending mode
    Text patterned paper - changed teal wording to a light brown

I also changed the colour of the different flags on the bunting on the journal card which was from a different kit.

The two identical elements, one of which is recoloured, is the flower with the pink and red middle, copied and re-coloured to have a blue and brown middle.

8. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

This is the first thing I have scrapped in almost three weeks. Thanks for a simple start!
    I changed the colours of the two papers I used with my hexagon template, as well as one paperclip from gold to red. This kit had read and green papersm but I took yellow papers and changed them.
    I also changed the colour of the gun and every other letter in the title. This was fun, thank you!
    [​IMG]

9. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I loved this challenge, to make me think outside the box and choose other colors for papers, to match my photos...thanks!!

so, I changed the blue paper( it was red), the striped paper was more yellowish, I changed to more orange. Other 2 papers are the bg paper and the green flower as a mat. The orange piece is the Jounal Card.
    the blue flower is original, the salmon one was altered.
    [​IMG]

10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here is mine. I changed the colors of all three of the circle papers.
    The top was green, I changed it to cyan.
    The middle was rust, I changed it to a dark pink.
    The bottom was cyan, I changed it to blue.

For the element, look at the bow string. The original is yellow, my duplicate is orange.

[​IMG]

11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oh I love how creative everyone was with the color changing! I hope you had fun stretching your stash a bit and thinking outside the box!