May 2022 - Week Two Monthly Muse

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by ArmyGrl, May 10, 2022.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Welcome to Week Two of the May Monthly Muse where we continue to explore senses with a twist – Synesthesia!

For the month of May, I’d like us to explore synesthesia from a simplistic approach – think of it as the crossing of senses so that when one sees, they smell. When one hears, they taste…

Each week in the month of May, I invite you to explore one of the five senses – then use your imagination to cross wires, to experience synesthesia, and art journal about it.

In week 1, as I felt the sun on my skin, I imagined what that sun tasted like. For me, the pale sun was bittersweet and reminded me of lemons. If I were in San Antonio, Texas, I might have thought the sun tasted like a habanero pepper.

This week, I reflected on the sound of wind. Over the past two months, Missouri had some windy days with tornado warnings. Listening to the wind, I imagined I had synesthesia and asked myself, what does this wind look like? At times, the wind sounded like a freight train barreling down the tracks, so naturally, when I closed my eyes and asked myself, what do I see as I hear this wind, I saw a train.

3. Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 6.25.23 AM.png

[​IMG]

But as I type this, I am reminded of a song from Pocahontas – Colors of the Wind…
    “Can you sing with all the voices of the mountain, can you paint with all the colors of the wind?”
    [​IMG]
    Source: https://weheartit.com/entry/113023226 @ Super_Girl08

Now it is you your turn. Choose a sense: vison, hearing, smell, taste, or touch. Then use your imagination to experience synesthesia. Create an art journal layout that represents your experience.

Challenge Requirements:

1. For the Monthly Muse, you may create any style of layout (i.e., clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.), with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. The Art Muse is for everyone; have FUN!

2. You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

3. Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE by Midnight, 30 May 2022; and post your layout in this thread by copying the "Share BB Code" to the right of your gallery image.

Each post, regardless of the week posted in the month of May earns you one chance to win a $5 coupon to the TLP store. Thus,

1 Muse = 1 chance to win
    2 Muses = 2 chances to win
    3 Muses = 3 chances to win
    4 Muses = 4 chances to win

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    G.J. likes this.
  2. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

I have a question about the M3 collabs. As long as some of the designers are still here, those are safe for use. Correct?

3. ArmyGrl

From the gallery rules:

GALLERY RULES: Layouts mustcontain at least 50% TLP products.(Templates count as 15%.) Uploadsmust be less than 250k. List allcredits; no off-site linking allowed.

Since the M3 main kits are going to retire soon, I don’t think anyone will take issue with folks using those kits this month. In the future, I recommend keeping retired products at 50% or less.

4. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

A bit of a creative interpretation..., but I chose hearing - vision

[​IMG]

AJK likes this.
  5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

That is and will always be my favorite song in Pocahontas!

6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Thanks, Lisa!
    [​IMG]

7. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Either everyone's busy, or we're all struggling with this one! Great challenge!! It took me all this time to think of one, and then this morning it hit me as I was turning off my sound machine that plays nature sounds. All of the sudden, I smelled the lake we used to go to and remembered all the fun family times. I smelled fire, and frogs, and stagnant water, but I also felt the warm happy feelings I felt when we were camping.

[​IMG]

AJK likes this.
  8. ArmyGrl

@Pachimac I believe this month is a bit challenging. It is not a journal prompt whereby one can find immediate inspiration and create a layout. I believe it requires a bit of introspection and thought....and therefore is a slow process. I am not sure I will do such a challenge in the future. I am on the fence there, so do not get too excited. For those that created, I am deeply humbled by the sharing. And the challenge is doing what I hoped it would do...get people to look inward...really think...then create. But is a much slower process and involves "work." And there I lose folks. And I don't want to lose anyone from the Monthly Muse. We are already a pretty small group. Seriously, though, I welcome feedback. Nothing wrong with critique that is done in a good, positive manner.

9. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Oh hun, keep challenging us!!!!!! I do the AJs because I want to stretch my wings!!!

10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I went with taste. "What does summer taste like"?

[​IMG]

11. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I used smell and touch
    [​IMG]

12. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

This layout has been brewing in my head since last week. I'm a huge fan of Eurovision Song Contest, and this year they had the tag line "the sound of beauty". I immediately realized that I had to use this for this week's Muse, but ... how does beauty sound? Finally, ended up with Antonio Vivaldi's Le Quattro Stagioni (i.e. The Four Seasons) ... and here's my layout:

[​IMG]

13. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

I used Hearing and Vision (or sensory overload depending on the cause of the noise.)
    AJ-May-Muse-Wk2-web.png