*Winner announced* BYOC Color Inspiration Challenge | iNSD 2022

Discussion in 'iNSD 2022 Party Pad!' started by norton94, Apr 27, 2022.

1. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Edited to add: our winner is @SanVHM with this beautiful palette
    Summer Falling
    [​IMG]

--------------------------------------
    Happy iNSD Everyone!

Woot woot! This color challenge is my absolute favorite challenge of all... these mood board that you submit will inspire the designers to create an upcoming BYOC!

BYOC stands for Build Your Own Collection, and The Lilypad designers create a mixable collection every month with one color palette, so all the items can be used together like one enormous collab. This is your chance to ask for what you want by submitting a mood board of something you'd like to see. It's of course about color, but you can also inspire mood or theme by the types of photos you include. After several rounds of voting, the designers and Pollys pick the entry that inspires them the most... and the winner gets the entire BYOC made from their submission! It's a windfall!

Our most recent BYOC winner from DSD 2021 in October was Grace (G.J.) with her winning palette
    [​IMG]

Below is the ad previewing the BYOC collection our Lilypad designers made. Click the image to see the full line of products in this collection - it's 5 pages of gorgeousness and Grace got it ALL!
    BYOC March 22.jpg

Another winning example - from iNSD 2021 was by SanVHM - Here is what she submitted for the August 2021 BYOC.

[​IMG]
    Which led to:
    [​IMG]

Your job with this challenge is to think like a designer...
    you'll be selecting colors and theme for our August 2022 BYOC.

Details/Rules {listen up}
    • Post up to three entries - mood boards or color palettes - in this thread
    • Challenge closes at 11am EDT on Tuesday, May 10
    • Link us up to the source for your palette or to the photos you used to make your own. **Credit of sources is required** If the photos are your own please state that.
    • Do not use images from within the scrapbooking industry - neither paper nor digi.
    • PRIZE: the entry with the winning palette will receive the entire August 2022 BYOC when it is released!!!
    • The most recent winner is not eligible (from DSD 2021)
    The TLP Designers and Pollys will be voting for their favorite color themes of those submitted. Since the voting is usually very close, it takes several days to narrow the submissions down to the top three. A second vote is done to get from the final three to the winning BYOC palette! I will announce the winner and winning palette as soon as possible, which usually takes about two weeks.

Helpful hints:

1) Judging from past winners - It really helps to have an visually appealing original palette with a larger number of colors or themed images, so keep that in mind when putting together your submissions. You can find free mood board templates online, or make your own.

2) If you need a little help getting your creative juices flowing, TLP has a board dedicated to "Inspiration :: Mood Boards & Color Palettes" which is chock full of ideas to spark your creativity!

3) Another place to see what we mean about mood boards is the Salted Ink website - on the portfolio page there are 20+ concept ideas with colors/mood/branding for different clients - some more elaborate than others. There are many, many websites to find palettes, such as Design Seeds, Love Print Studio Blog (both her COLOUR Crush and Moodboards sections), etc. etc. These are great places to get ideas or gather parts of your board, but be warned that many have been used in the past for submissions. This is for ideas mostly.

4) Advertising or magazines are great inspiration too! You may find images or layout ideas. Be sure to credit.

Finally, consider doing something unique with your ideas, trust me we've seen a lot of pre-made boards submitted. Some of these have been submitted twice a year for several years. Some have won years ago and been used. They don't win again. You can assure it's fresh if you make the palette yourself... search Pinterest or other online sources for images that demonstrate your color and mood vision. You can even create a secret board on Pinterest to collect and then curate your inspiring images. The nice thing with this method is that it preserves your sources for when you need to credit your sources.

I can't wait to see what you all submit, it's always so inspirational and soooo hard to pick favorites, much less the winning palette!

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    G.J., umyesh and bellbird like this.
  2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I've been waiting for this challenge and I'm so ready! :)
    [​IMG]
    all photos from Rawpixel, pinned here.
    paint brush by Just Jaimee

norton94, jk703, SanVHM and 4 others like this.
  3. cinderella

4. cinderella

[​IMG]
    photo from Pixabay
    paint brush by Just Jaimee

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love seeing what everyone comes up with for this challenge. The voting is always SO hard because I love so many of the palettes! :D

bellbird likes this.
  6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

7. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Kissed the frog!

8. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

One from me: August in Color
    [​IMG]
    All photos are from an Ikea email ad.
    Font: Bebas Neue

Last edited: May 6, 2022
    norton94, bellbird and cinderella like this.
  9. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Whee! Love these all! So much fun

upload_2022-5-7_0-12-52.png

G.J. likes this.
  10. DigiGrace

11. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

It was amazing to win this game, I am so THANKFUL, and still I can't believe that I won the whole BYOC, give it a chance ladies, you won't regret.
    Good luck everyone! :bk

12. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

norton94, jk703 and AlyciaIN like this.
  13. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

14. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

15. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

This is Bart's favorite game! Oh the colors!
    [​IMG]

16. DigiGrace

17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

This is one of my fave challenges! Love seeing everyone's entries!

18. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Love this challenge!!
    [​IMG]

19. DigiGrace

20. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

Tropical Beach Vibes
    [​IMG]

image credits in the gallery