Social Media Recipes | May 2nd

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, May 2, 2022.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I am notorious for sharing recipes to my facebook feed that look tasty. I do it alot. Sad thing is I never really make them. Sometimes I will have remembered sharing one and I can't find it later on when I actually might cook it. So my question for you today is two fold? maybe three fold. Do you share recipes on socials? So you ever make them? And If you have made them, any keepers?

I did make a few that turned out great. I did make the feta asparagus cherry tomato one dish easy bake dish. I add chicken to it and hubby loves it.
    https://natashaskitchen.com/baked-feta-pasta/

I make the Pioneer Woman french toast. It's really good with fresh berries
    https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a12090/crunchy-french-toast/

I also have made the egg roll in a bowl. Hubby likes it ok, but he doesn't really like cabbage. I enjoyed it tho.
    https://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/keto-egg-roll-in-a-bowl

How about you? I need to pin more recipes, lol.

crazsquaw likes this.
  2. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I always look at shared recipes, but I've never made any of them. Either the recipe calls for a bunch of stuff I don't have on hand and likely won't use again, or my picky eaters won't eat it, or both.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I don't share a bunch on FB, but I do save them on there...then I forget about them lol. I have a whole folder of recipes there. I save them on TikTok as well...and again, forget about them. Same on Instagram, except usually I'll screenshot a recipe...and forget haha.

I did the feta/pasta dish as well. I really liked it, but no one else was in love with it, so I haven't done it again.
    I also did these Steak Bites with Garlic Butter and they were Yum!!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I look at them, but that's about all. ONCE I made one that I saw - a really labor intense salad that cost me over $40 for the ingredients. Hahaha It was good, but GEEZE!!

Now, I HAVE tried several recipes that I've seen on Food Network.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Yes! I lost things I find on social media all the time, and most I make.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  6. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I look at them. I save them. I save TONS of them. Guess how many I have made? None. :shakehead I think I need to start randomly picking like one a week and just make the darn thing! :lol

weaselwatchr likes this.
  7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I have a Pinterest board with recipes. I often go to it to make my menu for the week. I will only share on facebook or Instagram if I've tried the recipe and love it and think that others might like to try it.

I've tried almost all the recipes here.
    https://www.pinterest.com/e_liz/recipes/crockpot/

I make this all the time and serve rice and cornbread on the side.
    https://lowcarbyum.com/mexican-zucchini-and-beef/?crlt.pid=camp.s0JmXY96gsbQ

This is a fave:
    https://buildyourbite.com/veggie-lovers-baked-rigatoni/

Another fave:
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/blueberry-crunch-breakfast-bake/

I make the same egg roll in a bowl like @weaselwatchr I also serve that with rice on the side.

crazsquaw and weaselwatchr like this.
  8. weaselwatchr

That Steak Bites one was one I shared too, lol. ANd hubby saw my screen and said that looks good. Maybe I will make it next week when I am off of work.

9. weaselwatchr

Thanks for sharing!!! I will have to check them out. We need new things for our dinner rotations.

10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I tend to only share a recipe after I've tried it. Usually with a photo of my version that looks nothing like the one in the recipe author's post, and a verdict from my household.

The exception is Pinterest. I use that to book mark stuff when looking for recipes etc.

Back in my blogging days and the early days of Pinterest my kids wanted me to start up a real cooking pinterest hashtag - showing blog posts etc of what cooking looks like in a real environment complete with the burnt bits.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  11. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Since I don't use social media, I don't share recipes. However I hoard them. LOL

I try new recipes all the time, but ... I'm horrible at following them. Last recipe I tried was this:
    https://rainbowplantlife.com/vegan-chili-garlic-noodles/
    However....
    I used another kind of noodles, other veggies, chickpeas & rice vinegar. I do this all the time. I see a recipe, I print it out and then I change it. LOL

Sometimes it's because I prefer another veggie, or spice, or whatever. But often it is because I live in a small town, and it's hard to find more "exotic" ingredients. Or it's too expensive. Or maybe not even available in Sweden.

I do love to cook, and to brag: I'm good at it, so I know how to substitute and make it "my way".

Anyway - if you like spicy food: try that garlic chili oil in above recipe - DIVINE!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have never shared a recipe on FB, but I have saved a few that I've seen on there and tried them. If I'm going to try to make something I've seen on FB though, I copy the link and email it to myself or I'll never be able to find it later when I need it. Lol.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  13. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I don't share recipes and cringe when I see them on FB. Because it never fails that the person that shared it to "save" it can't find it when they want it and ask on their FB feed about it. FB is not really the platform for saving stuff to see later.

I have in the past searched for recipes and if I find one that seems like I would like it and make it, I print it as a pdf and save it on my computer. In fact, I have a 3 ring binder of air fryer recipes in my kitchen. I make notes on it if needed and I use this a lot.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Actually, you just have to click the three horizontal dots to the right of the post and choose SAVE LINK. Then you have the option to SAVE TO a collection you've already made or a new collection. It also works great if there's some information you need to save besides recipes . . . like if you are in Creative Team Groups and need to save important information, or you want to return to a post to address it later.

Having said that, I don't use any social media or Pinterest for recipes. My mom is a great cook and baker, and she's always trying something new. My new recipes come from her for the most part.

crazsquaw, weaselwatchr and jk703 like this.
  15. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Oh, I know that. I save posts from my cousins that I want to scrap all the time. It's the recipe posters that don't. One gal posted one in the last 10 days and today posted asking about it because she couldn't find it. Another friend posted the same recipe 2 days apart. SMH

weaselwatchr and gonewiththewind like this.
  16. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I save them on FB rather than sharing them. I also like seeing the ones in my newsfeed from friends! If I like it, I save that too! Occasionally, if I made the recipe, and liked it... and I see it again, I comment or share it at that point. I have found quite a few recipes lately. Here one that was yummy that I was led from Facebook.

I love this one... I use premade meatballs. I think I shared it here awhile ago too! :giggle
    https://easyfamilyrecipes.com/french-onion-meatballs/

I've gotten sliders, pasta dishes, a scampi recipe, and a finger licking chicken recipe too! :P

Iowan and weaselwatchr like this.
  17. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

:compcoffee :carryon

weaselwatchr likes this.
  18. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

weaselwatchr likes this.
  19. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I've always done the little brie/cranberry bites... now, I want to try this! YUM!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My friend and I tried a baked brie with cranberry sauce the last time we scrapped together and it was awful. Lol. Maybe I need a new recipe?

[​IMG]

weaselwatchr and jk703 like this.