Houses and Tacos.... | Pad Patter 5/5

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, May 5, 2022.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I know this should only be a Cinco De Mayo post... but a friend sent me a picture of dream houses and I wanted to share that... so I'll do both! Houses and Tacos!? lol! :giggle

First.... Which is your favorite type of house? (Let's just assume it's well taken care of, paid for, and we have landscapers). Do you have a love of a certain location?

I would choose #4... That looks divine to me! I would love a lakefront home, with views of the sunset every night, and a smaller to mid size town.

My second choice is #2. I love porches and outdoor space.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok... on to tacos! Do you have a favorite? Crunchy or hard? What type of meat, if any?
    I love grilled shrimp tacos with avocados, lettuce, tomatoes, cotija cheese, and some yummy crema sauce! mmmmmm.... Sign me up!

Did you know? Costco sells a chicken street taco kit that is pretty tasty for a quick meal! It feeds my family of 4 with one container, approx. $14 or so. I do add a side of black beans, and chips/guac if I can.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

we had a taco dinner for the first time a few weeks ago. There was a going out of date GF taco kit in the free food parcel. The taco shells were hard, we filled them with salad and chicken.

I love my house. My dream would be to have extra land with a full herb vegetable garden and mature orchard in addition to a small flower garden. I also dream of an area with a big oak tree and a tree house. I'd like to adapt the ground floor so we could have disabled guests.

jk703 likes this.
  3. jk703

That find sounds like a SCORE! lol! I love soft tacos myself, but my family loves to take a soft tortilla, and wrap it around the crunchy tacos. That's tasty too... and the crunchy shell doesn't fall apart everywhere!

Yes... I'll add that I would like a little land around my property... to keep people farther, lol... and to grow a garden, and have space for BBQ's and fun stuff! When my parents built their house, then made the whole first floor accessible for both themselves in the future and our disabled friends.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  4. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

House - definetely nr 4 - lakeside is a dream! I do have a creek in my yard, almost there LOL

Tacos ... hard shell! Love taco tubs, so much easier to eat than the "normal" shells. As for meat: No. Me and hubby are vegetarian. I use veggie "ground meat". Or I tried once to use sweet potatoes. Small cubes marinated in oil & taco spices, and baked in the oven. Yummy! Toppings: taco sauce, onion, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper - maybe cheese, avocado (when it's cheap - which is like never), and sour cream.

jk703 likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

My first house choice is #2. I like the idea of living on a lake, but that is way too close for me. Living in an area where there are hurricanes and severe storms, I would be terrified of flooding.

My second house choice is #1 because I am obsessed with tiny houses!

Tacos . . . I love hard shell, but I'm really the only one who does, so most of the time we have soft tortillas. I will also crush up tortilla chips and make a salad with the taco meat and fixings.

jk703 likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Definitely NOT #1... way too small to hold all my junk. :giggle I'd probably pick either #2 or #4 because of the porch and mostly because those houses look like they'd have some land. Honestly, my house would have more to do with having a barn at this point. My hubby wants desperately to have a big pole barn to hold a bigger boat and maybe a camper and I would love to have an old REAL barn that would hold those things for him and a nice big wood shop for me. I have a tiny area in the basement of our house, but the saw dust gets everywhere and I have to clean everything up after each project which just doubles the time to make anything. Lol. We have a good friends of our who's kids are looking for their first home in this terrible housing market, so we've been spending a lot of time on Zillow trying to help them find something they can afford and then I often get off on a tangent looking at super expensive and fancy houses we can't afford. Lol!

I have been craving tacos lately, so we went to a local authentic Mexican restaurant for lunch this week and I had some super yummy hard shell tacos. I like them best with good spicy salsa on top too! Yummy! Our local grocery store has a delicious street taco kit too, then I prefer the chicken versions and they come with the best creamy green sauce. I think they call it cilantro dressing maybe? I don't know what's in it, but it's amazing!

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We are half and half hard/soft at our house, so I look for the taco kits that have 6 of each in the box! :D

gonewiththewind likes this.
  8. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Waterfront property, but set back a bit ... lake, river, beach. And I don't need a huge house, just well designed.

Hard taco shells for me, but like Cheryl, I like to make a taco salad with seasoned ground beef, lettuce, shredded cheddar, salsa, tortilla chips, and Kraft Catalina salad dressing. Yum!!!

jk703 likes this.
  9. jk703

I really love #1... but I wouldn't fit myself alone in it! :giggle

I agree, no flooding or hurricanes... but I think I would still love it... maybe build further from the shoreline, and higher! My parents had to build starting at a certain height for the beach... and they went even higher. After Superstorm Sandy, they didn't want to have to worry!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Of those houses shown, #6. That is a style I see a lot around here. But honestly, none of them. I love my single story "ranch" type of house. I love my neighborhood. Houses around me but not on top of each other. My parents did a good job choosing this lot and building this house except for the fact that the laundry is in the basement. That was how it was in the 60's when this house was built. Thankfully I'm still able to go up and down the stairs but there could be a time when it could be a problem.

As for tacos, don't like them so don't eat them.

11. jk703

I wouldn't fit into #1 also... but I do love them. Maybe as a getaway?! :giggle Let's meet up and get one Karen! Have you seen those shows that take a barn, deconstruct it, and put it together in another location, make it stable, and reinforce it all! Get that!

Crema maybe? or maybe a Creamy Avocado Salsa Verde? Both sound yummy! Crema is sour cream and lime juice. So Yum. You can add cilantro (or not for those that hate that) too.

12. jk703

I love watching those shows that design a house with so many great ideas tucked in. Many of the little homes have that. I need some, lol! My house isn't large at all, so they would help me out greatly! :)

13. jk703

Our houses sound similar. Ranch, basement, good neighborhood, good property! I got lucky I'm in a great town too!

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  14. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

#3. With a farmhouse kitchen and a basement for storage and maybe a crafting space. A farm outbuilding and a pond.

Yes. I love the fish tacos at the Mexican place in town. My son loves a taco meat bowl. I serve it with plain rice and some cheese on top. Yum!

AJK likes this.
  15. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My current abode is a 1956 brick rambler (around here that's a ranch with a basement). I have 2.5 bedrooms (.5 was designated by the builder as a den/nursery), one bath, galley kitchen and living/dining room, then a daylight/walk-out basement. Like Rene's my washer/dryer are located in the basement.

16. jk703

Yes, similar. Mine is a ranch. I've got 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, LR, DR, Kitchen...a basement - finished on one side... and a laundry/storage area on the other. Two car garage. It's small but perfect for us. I had always wanted to expand the kitchen with a laundry area and add a family room on the back. We shall see.

17. jk703

That porch is amazing! I see rockers, and relaxing, watching time pass or a sunset there! :)

Mmmm.. taco bowls! Yum! We make a fake chipotle bowl for dinner... Perdue shortcuts - diced, black beans, brown rice, corn salsa, tomatoes, cheese and avocados. Love bowls!

18. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

It would have to be 2 or 6 for me. I do love the flowers all around house #2 though.
    If I had to clean the house all by myself I would choose #1.
    Taco's I think we have only had the soft ones a while back in a restaurant, it came as a starter I think.
    It isn't a standard thing we eat.

jk703 likes this.
  19. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Mine is 3 BR although one is now an office/craft room, 1 bathroom, LR, kitchen/dining room and a full basement. The floor plans had a half bath that was the size of a 5ft closet and also took half of the closet space in the foyer. Mom vetoed that so that the foyer has a 5ft closet and the largest bedroom has 2 5 ft closets. She was all about closet space. The hallway to the bedrooms is a "U" and has 2 small closets on each end and a 5 ft closet in the middle. I could possibly put a washer/dryer there if needed with a little moving of the wall that adjoins the living room. Dad had finished the full basement in the late 1980's but I had it gutted back to all open space 3 years ago after there was water damage on the west wall paneling. Turns out a window had been open about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch all these years and we didn't know it because the paneling covered the windows on the inside and you couldn't tell it was open from the outside. Needless to say my heat bill went down after that! LOL I've got a layout about my kitchen/dining room remodel in my gallery.

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  20. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Judging on the outsides, I'll take #2! I don't think I've ever been in a house like it, so I have no idea what the inside floor plan would be like--that matters a lot more to me than the land or the outside appearance. My second choice is #3. I've always lived in 2-story Colonials, and I like the general layout and having all the bedrooms on the second floor. I'm with the crowd who says that as nice as the lakefront house is, I'd be too worried about all the things that could go wrong.