Preferences | Pad Patter 4/28

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Apr 28, 2022.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Do you have any weird preferences? Something a bit odd or different than other people? What makes you think that you might be a little weird or oddballish! I probably have a heck of a lot... but as I'm working right now, these popped in my head!

I don't write in black pen, and I prefer to use a find point pen. I will if I really have to... but I would pull out my own pen if I can.

I prefer my stickie notes to be bright and colorful. (I'm lucky that is what my boss usually orders, though I use what she gets, lol)

I prefer to have the first bite or sip. If someone take a bite of my food or drink before me.... without asking I really get skeeved out. It's something about that first bite or sip... I need to do it. If they ask, and I haven't had any, I'll take a taste first, then let them.

I guess it bends down to what we like or dislike... kind of a personal this or that!?

[​IMG]

Angela Toucan and Karen like this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I exclusively write in black pen, and I use a particular pen - Pilot Precise V5 Rolling Ball Extra Fine. The ink just flows so beautifully. I have one in my purse and one at my desk.

This isn't a preference, but it's a weird thing. At my ex-stepmom's house, a snake got into the bathroom while my sister was in there. It was in the toilet. YES! So now before I go to the bathroom, I have to check the toilet to make sure there are no snakes, even though my house is not out in the boonies and there isn't a pond in front of my house. LOL

QuiltyMom likes this.
  3. jk703

:giggle We are so opposite on pens! Haha!

I would be checking the toilet as well! EEEeeekkkk...

gonewiththewind likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Actually I dislike writing with black ink. Yes, I do use it but only when I have to (like documents requiring it and when I write checks). I prefer color. And, for the last 20 years I've used a fat barrel pen or mechanical pencil. That was recommended to me after having rotator cuff surgery. Thin pens are harder for me to grasp. My favorite pens are the Pilot G-2 that come in all colors. I have already purchased multi-packs so that I never run out. I also tend to pull out my own pen if I am signing something elsewhere because most have the cheap Bic pens that are hard for me to grasp. So I keep that black pen in an outside pocket where it is handy.

Along the same line, I only use mechanical pencils. But I do have the old type of pencil sharpener in my house. You know the ones you used to see in the school classrooms. It was put in what we called the "sweeper closet" when we moved in. I've used it to sharpen a photo labeling pencil in the past. Easier than those small pencil sharpeners!

5. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I love the Pilot G-2 pens, that's what I buy for the office, in black because the county requires signatures be in black if the document is to be recorded, so we use black for all documents.

I do have other colors that I use ... red to check off people's names that are cc'd on letters, my fav purple along with others. Like Rene I buy multi-packs with lots of colors.

I have a zillion little quirks ...

6. HavaDrPepper

Back in the days when I used a paper planner, the different colors came in handy. Each color was for something different. I also had to use mainly black ink at work especially for items that went to other people. But for my own notes or work papers, I would pull out the colors. I was the only one that used the Pilot pens so if mine went missing and I saw someone else with one, I knew they had "borrowed" mine that I had personally bought. Writing instruments would disappear from the desks quite often since we were in an open office space. One girl always labeled hers with her name since she also used personal pens. I actually kept mine in a place that people didn't have access to unless they went snooping.

7. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I do this too. I just read about it in a news paper once. And there's no dangerous snakes at all in Sweden. LOL

gonewiththewind likes this.
  8. tanteva

I don't care what pen I use ... I just pick the one closest that are working. However, I never write letters or notes to people in red, since I learned from an Asian pen pal, I had when I was a teenager, that in Asia, writing in red meant you didn't like the person you wrote to. Not sure if this is true or not, but it's stuck in my head.

One thing I always do is to warn "the little people" before I throw out water or any liquid on the ground. This is since my grandma taught me that when I was a kid. It's ooooold folk lore that "the little people" live under the ground, and you have to let them know they need to move so they won't get wet. Otherwise they will get cross and cause you bad luck. My grandma was so firm in her beliefs, I don't dare to question this. LOL

Karen likes this.
  9. jk703

Ha! This reminds me of the Borrowers... tiny people who live in your home.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Borrowers

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    Karen and tanteva like this.
  10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I am also in the group of extra-fine pen lovers. I hate using anything else. I prefer blue to black and like a clicker.

As for food, I like toast with peanut butter and banana which I know is not to everyone's liking.

jk703 likes this.
  11. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I actually prefer writing in pencil - a good old fashioned HB. I have blue and black ones too, nothing fancy BIC's with a fine point.

I have to be the first to read a new magazine or catalogue, that I have brought into the house and get really anti if someone has browsed through it before me and bent or smooshed the pages.

jk703 likes this.
  12. tanteva

:yowza What's not to like? Bread, pea nuts, bananas - all the basic food groups!

13. jk703

Oohhhh, I think my mom is like that. Even mailings/catalogs, lol!

14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m not sure I have a heap of preferences.

I have to check my emails and job search sites as soon as I wake up, it’s a quirk I adapted years ago to stop being overwhelmed by the sheer number of job ads I have to sift through

Another preference is my cola drink had to be Diet Coke not Pepsi Max

I have a preference to always have $20 cash in my wallet at all times - I hate having no physical money in case I lose my transit card, need to get a taxi or go to my doctor urgently. I don’t think I’ve ever had to use it but it’s a safety net in case.

I will always sit at the front left of a room in a classroom, workshop or meeting. I have very little vision in my left eye, very little hearing in my left ear and intermittent vertigo affecting my left side so just way easier for me to be very particular about where I sit.

I will always try and avoid going down escalators and will almost always find a lift instead - I once missed the step and got dragged the whole way down

I also will never get off a bus at the back door unless someone who is taller is behind me getting off - I’ve had the door slammed on me as I was getting off when I was younger.

I still prefer paper lists, planners and calendars to digital ones though I will use digital as well

Wow, I guess I have more preferences than I thought

15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

:compcoffee

tanteva likes this.
  16. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Oh, I loved the Borrowers!! My sister and I would make things for them to "use." It was a very fun pastime.

Me:
    1. I always mute the commercials when I watch TV. I find them all extremely obnoxious.
    2. I remove the "cards" they stick in magazines and go through and rip out every page that has advertisements on both sides before I read it the first time. That way I get a more uninterrupted read (can you tell that I don't like ads? LOL)
    3. I try to keep my car's gas tank 1/2 full in case of an emergency.
    4. I will only use a pen if it flows smoothly - some fine points scratch when you write and I hate that! I don't care the color or thickness as long as it flows.
    5. I have to drink a smoothie with a straw.
    6. I prefer to pay in cash.

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I too refuse to use a black pen. It started with my work because our prints are all black and white and if we write in black ink to do a markup, you can't see it, so I always have to have a blue pen. I get super annoyed that ALLLLL the free pens are black ink and I won't use them. I just immediately give them away or don't even accept them. Lol.

I know there are zillion other things that I'm weird about, just can't think of them off the top of my head. My hubby would probably be able to make a list a mile long about me though. Ha ha!

Oh I know one of them... I have a "parking spot" at my local grocery store. It's in a certain row, by a certain light pole kinda far away from the store. I always park in the same place so I don't forget where I park my car. :giggle When my hubby drives me to the store and parks just willy nilly wherever, I get squirmy. Ha ha! I tell him he has to park in my spot and he thinks I'm insane.

18. HavaDrPepper

I understand that! I don't always park in the same spot but do try to park in the same area whenever I go to Wal-Mart. Always close to a cart corral, especially in the winter! But I always choose a spot no matter where I go that I don't have to back out of when I leave. That comes from not being able to always turn my head as much as needed when backing out and I had a vehicle with no back up camera. Last car and new car at least have the backup camera but I still prefer not having to back up.

Karen likes this.
  19. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@QuiltyMom I prefer to pay in cash too for most things.

20. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

I have a pen thing too. Not really on color. I love certain pens. My favorite is Uniball Signo 207. When it goes on sale, I buy alot. My previous favorite was Zebra Zebroller 2000 and it's discontinued. :( I prefer rollerball gel ink pens. If it's a ballpoint, it must be smooth writing.

I am a tea drinker and only prefer 2 brands of tea. Tazo Awake black tea and Starbucks Royal English Breakfast tea. I like it with Whole Earth sweetener and a little bit of half & half. I will drink it without half & half, if necessary.