get organized day | pad patter 4.26.22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Apr 26, 2022.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

It's get organized day, and I've been in the organizing mode lately. I've watched some youtube videos (do it on a dime / frugal fit mom) and even some organizing shows on netflix (home edit). There's just something satisfying about seeing a pantry transformation or closet organized.

I bought some bins and organized my spices, and some treats in the pantry.

Pantry_web.jpg

I also organized the food in my storage room and even used some bungee cords to help keep the chip bags from falling off the shelves.
    StorageRoom_web.jpg

I really need to get off pinterest and youtube and get in my craft room to declutter and organize there, but baby steps for now. I'm taking it one cabinet and shelf at a time. Plus, we all know I'd rather be scrappin. :giggle

How about you, have you organized anything lately or need to organize something?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I love to organize, but it's not something I've been able to do lately, as it requires bending and reaching and twisting that my body doesn't want to do.

I agree with you that there's something so satisfying about having an organized space.

I've been watching some videos from a YouTuber by the name of LGQueen. I just drool the entire time over all the containers and how beautiful everything is. She did a pantry makeover that I just love.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

[​IMG]

And that's all I have to say about that.
    Summer break in 41 days..........:giggle

4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I redid our art room. Still working on parts of it. Might scrap some photos of it soon.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I did our pantry & fridge with clear bins & lazy susans not too long ago! I only really got one pic but the left side of the pantry is all organized too. LOVE it still!
    20220124_204832.jpg

Memaw2Wm and keepscrappin like this.
  6. keepscrappin

looks amazing!

7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I got a spice rack for the back of the pantry door, it is now so easy to access them. I have overflow food in the garage on shelves with short big bins that are easy to pull out when I want to access them. I have them in categories - beans, baking supplies, flours, etc. I've never been so organized with food before.

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I watched Cas from a clutterbug comes clean and discovered my clutterbug style - which is a ladybug. The kind that likes clutter hidden, so needs opaque storage and nothing out until it gets used again the next time. (Butterflies like hubby and DD). Explained a whole bunch of my frustrations through the years.

I decluttered first with the Minimal Mom and A slob comes clean.

I love sorting, purging and organising and even started the whole Swedish death cleaning thing a few years early.
    it's amazing how much of the kids stuff I was hoarding/storing for them. Stuff they weren't at all sentimental about. Now I have stuff actually fitting into cupboards and put things away into the place I would look for them first. Sounds simple, but was a life changer.

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

OH, I love Clutterbug's Youtube channel. She's so inspiring! I'm a messy person, but she makes me think it is possible to have an organized home free from clutter.

Taking baby steps here, conquering drawer after drawer. And by doing so, hubby (who is a neat freak, really, but just given up to his wife's chaotic personality), begins to join in. We're actually have fun together.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I did a lot of organizing when I did the big purge 4 years ago. So right now, my house is mostly good. I probably could do some more purging of older craft supplies but they are organized so no hurry in my mind.

I also got into the mindset about 15 years ago to never let things pile up on the counters or tables. Bills have a place to be held until paid then they are filed. Junk mail never even makes it into the house. Just the process of not letting things pile up has helped a lot. Someone could walk into my house unexpectedly and not see a mess. Just Saturday I had out-of-town company stop by and had no reason to be embarrassed about how my house looked.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I am at heart organized. I have a few spots that I would need to re-organize... but it won't happen. Well, maybe... I really need to do my hall linen closet. It's got so much I can toss or donate!

I have a great junk drawer that really needs to be tidied... I can't find the junk I need when I need it! :giggle

I tend to do the 10-15 min clean up a day if I can.... just walk into rooms and clean up/put away stuff. Everything mostly has a home... so it's just a tidy up really.

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My house is pretty cluttered, but 99% of the time I know exactly where to find something. The 1% that I can't is invariably something I put in a "safe place." I'm pretty good about not bringing new stuff into the house.

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

:compcoffee

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love those pull out shelf thingies Kayla! Where did you find those? There are a couple cabinets in my kitchen that could REALLY benefit from something like that!

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

does an organised mess where I know roughly what's in each zone count?

keepscrappin and Memaw2Wm like this.
  16. keepscrappin

I'm a cross between a bee and a ladybug with a little bit of cricket. I like to keep things out and make piles while I'm working on stuff, and then I like easy storing when I'm finished. Dumping it into a basket or drawer. I have piles of bills that I shoved into a drawer after paying them, instead of filing them into the folders... why??? I guess it's my ladybug tendencies, even though my OCD wants me to be a cricket and meticulously file them in the correct folders and in chronological order. :giggle

17. keepscrappin

I adopted the flylady method years ago and try to take baby steps and clean and organize in 15 minute increments. It's helped a ton and I don't feel as guilty about my messes as I used to.

tanteva likes this.
  18. keepscrappin

This is me... I'm actually fairly organized. It's just trying to keep the house organized with others living here. My desk is a mess with piles of paper/bills right now, but it'd take 5 minutes tops to deal with it. The craft room is a mess because everyone in the family dumps their unwanted junk in there and it's got some boxes of things moved out of the kitchen from our remodel that I need to go through and donate most of it. It's been a year, so I clearly don't need it anymore. I just haven't wanted to deal with it and closed the door on that room... I know it's bad, but it is what it is. :backing

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    jk703 likes this.
  19. keepscrappin

Thanks Karen! I love my pull out shelves. Especially because the new pantry cabinets are so deep. I had some in my island that I loved, so I had more custom made when we did the kitchen remodel last year. I've seen them at places like home depot and online. I've also watched youTube videos of people converting their old shelves to them. You and your hubby seem pretty handy, I bet you could watch some youTube videos and figure out how to DIY some.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  20. keepscrappin

The cricket in me says YES! :giggle :agree

Angela Toucan likes this.