Numbers | Pad Patter 4.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Apr 20, 2022.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My cousin had it after her car accident. It was a really bad one and hurt her back like yours. She didn't want any opioids because she had young children and a sister with an addiction. So, the doctor talked to her about medical marijuana. She smoked it because buying regular was cheaper than medical (in Canada where it was legal). So, every morning and night she'd sit on the porch and have a little smoke. It worked really well for her.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

He is 79 years old but has had issues for most of his 70's. My cousin had Christmas every year and the last time we were at her house was in 2011. After that my cousin would come here for brunch at Bob Evans on Christmas Eve with her brother and his husband who were in Ohio from Missouri. One year we went to her town for the brunch. Her DH has never felt up to joining us at these gatherings so I'm guessing the last time I actually got to see him was 2011. He picks and chooses what events he takes part in and his priority are the 2 kids and the 3 grandkids because the events wear him out.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I've never heard any of that 420 stuff, maybe it's just a US thing or I'm just naive?
    Because our dates are backwards to yours, seeing the date in numbers just makes me have to really stop & think & figure out what country & thing does this relate to so I put it in the right month on my calendar.
    I think 8 is meant to be a lucky number in many cultures, our house number is 8 (& when I was a little kid one of our houses was 8 as well) but it wasn't really something I thought about when we were buying it. I try not to get too hung up on numbers but the rule of thirds & triangles & 3's in scrapping makes it hard not to sometimes! I don't really know anything about numerology but one of the books (fiction so not the best fact source) I'm reading atm was talking about the power of 3 cosmicly but as one of 3 kids I just associate that number more with being squished in the back seat on family holidays

4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I prefer even numbers over odd numbers. They seem rounder, less spikey. I don't really have a favorite.

Speaking of addresses, we once lived at 123 State St. - now how made up does that sound?

My cell phone number (without the area code) is a palindrome, which is why I picked it from the choices they gave me.

5. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Numbers don't mean anything to me. Seriously! I never get them correct (I'm always getting amounts confused like hundreds or thousands) and I was horrible in Math. Failed every math class I ever took simply because they don't make sense to me. So, now I just ignore them. LOL! Now my DH ... he's a math nerd. Numbers are his life so he's had to learn that I'm serious when I tell him that I don't get them. Is this strange, or what?

6. QuiltyMom

:compcoffee

Oh, I can relate to this one! Being the youngest I always had to sit in the middle, which meant I was always the one getting into trouble for "touching" my sisters. How dare I venture across those invisible lines!

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  7. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

LOL ... I had a station wagon when my kids (now 46 and 48) were 11 & 13 up. The back seat had seams in the upholstery that divided the seat into thirds. Each had an assigned "window" seat with the middle seat being no man's ground where they were not suppose to cross. They were AWFUL in the car, truth be known I still don't like driving/riding in the car with the two of them ... they still aggravate each other.

"Don't touch me! Moooooom, he/she's looking at me ... make him/her stop." Gah!!!

8. QuiltyMom

Oh - this sounds so much like my family! Traumatic times, indeed.

Memaw2Wm likes this.