Movies | Pad Patter 4/18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Apr 19, 2022.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Are there any movies that you have seen more than 5 times but you still will watch it again if someone asks to watch it or if you are flipping through and see that it's on televison? I have a ton of movies that I have watched multiple times and will probably watch multiple times more. These include and are not limited to the following: Grease, Sweet Home Alabama, Lilo and Stitch, The Hunt for Red October, all the Marvel movies, and The Hangover, just to name a few.
    How about you? Any faves that you have watched so many times you can recite the lines?

2. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I am not much of a serial movie watcher (I don't watch a lot of TV in general), but I've seen Dirty Dancing and Pretty in Pink a handful of times.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Back in the day, I had every word of The Breakfast Club memorized and would annoy anyone who watched it with me lol. There's probably a couple of others that I've seen several times, mostly from my college days when all we had was a VCR and no cable, and I'm sure I've seen all the Disney movies my kids watched many times. But, there aren't really any that I just watch over and over by choice anymore. If I've seen it, it doesn't really interest me to watch it again if I have other options. DH will watch movies over and over and over, ad nauseam.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love the Bourne movies and will put those on in the background while I'm crafting because I don't have to pay full attention. I also love The Day After Tomorrow. My hubby loves when he finds those on TV because he knows I'll get sucked in and watch something with him. :giggle I've also seen the Harry Potter movies a bunch too.

And back in the day when we didn't have on zillion options at our finger tips we had a couple VHS tapes at home that my sister and I would watch a bunch like Aladdin (Love the music), So I Married An Axe Murdered (so funny!) and BeetleJuice.

5. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Gone with the Wind, White Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, and Holiday Inn immediately come to mind.

weaselwatchr and HavaDrPepper like this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

1961 version of 101 Dalmatians. Got a VHS copy of it when that was popular. Got the DVD version of it on my shelf now. In 1963 a film called "Palm Springs Weekend" was released. That has been a favorite for many years. I watched it whenever it came on TV. And, I have a DVD of it.

Then in 1973, "The Way We Were" was released. I mean... Robert Redford in a Naval uniform. :drool Watched it whenever it came on TV and again, had to buy the DVD! Another one from that era that I watched whenever it was on TV was "The Towering Inferno" but I didn't buy it. Another Redford movie watched quite often was "The Sting". I mean who can pass up Redford and Paul Newman?

From the 1980's, it was "Top Gun". Had a VHS and have a DVD. Have the music CD as well. Just love the story although not a fan of some of the actors.

Back in the 90's some TV stations would run James Bond marathons on New Year's Day as an alternative to football games. Guess who watched them. Even now I will turn to a station running a James Bond movie if nothing else is on. I'm particularly fond of the Sean Connery and Roger Moore movies in the series.

I've also seen Grease and Dirty Dancing many times. The only movie that I remember seeing more than once in the theater is Backdraft. That is another one I will watch again and again.

7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I have loads of Christmas movies that I watch repeatedly from year to year and often more than once during a season.

Other than that, I have watched these movies numerous times and have no problem watching them again:

Gone With The Wind
    Meet Me In St. Louis
    The Goonies
    Muriel's Wedding
    Sixteen Candles
    Pretty In Pink
    The Breakfast Club
    Dirty Dancing
    Pretty Woman
    Mrs. Doubtfire
    Forrest Gump
    The Truman Show
    The Outsiders
    Grease and Grease 2
    Adventures In Babysitting
    Top Gun
    Raiders of the Lost Ark/Indiana Jones series
    Amadeus
    Say Anything
    Sleepless In Seattle
    Ghostbusters
    Back To The Future
    Misery
    The Truman Show
    Fargo
    Edward Scissorhands
    The Fifth Element
    Clueless
    Steel Magnolias
    Groundhog Day
    Titanic
    Babe
    Romy and Michele's High School Reunion
    The Sandlot
    Four Weddings and a Funeral

8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

gonewiththewind and tanteva like this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman, As Good As It Gets, Liar Liar, A Christmas Story, Home Alone, Beverley Hills Cop(s), Tommy Boy, Wayne's World, Top Gun, Meet The Parents, Meet The Fockers, I know there are more. Oh, I'm pathetic. LOL

10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

[​IMG]

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  11. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

80s classics .. like et.. goonies.. rocky horror.. I'll watch over and over again... also can't get enough brave heart ... and twilight ...

12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm always up for watching the Harry Potter movies again. I can do star wars and marvel movies too.

cfile likes this.
  13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

There aren't too many I will watch over and over but some of them are:
    • Titanic
    • Fargo
    • Mad Max
    • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Night at the Roxbury
    • Moulon Rouge
    • Saturday Night Fever

14. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

I could do this all day, lol... Usually, it depends on what kind of mood I am in.

When I was a kid, I watched the Haley Mills version of the Parent Trap so many times that all these years later, I still know all the words to that movie!

If I am sad and need a good cry, I will hit Untamed Heart or Beaches.
    If I am in a cheery mood or want to get cheered up, I will go for a Rom Com, like 27 Dresses, Maid of Honor, Wedding Planner, etc...
    If I want a good laugh, I will go for what I call a Raunchy Com, like Wedding Crashers or Knocked Up.
    Very infrequently, I'm up for a good scare, I will watch something like Seven, which I think is a perfect movie.

When I was small (and remarkably unsupervised), I would watch Sybil any time it came on. And, I also really love the movie Amadeus for some reason.

I have children so I can also recite more Disney movies than I care to admit, and probably the entire series of Friends, lol

Huggles!
    ~Sarah~

15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I own these and will watch them frequently:
    BBC version of Pride and Prejudice is my all-time fave. Not sure how many times I've watched it!
    Little Women (2019 is actually my fave version)
    The Importance of Being Earnest
    Emma (1996 with Gwyneth Paltrow) - Although I did like the newest version, I've only watched it once.
    Dan in Real Life
    Fiddler on the Roof
    Sound of Music
    It's a Wonderful Life
    My Fair Lady
    The Giver

Don't own these but have watched them at least 3 times:
    Inception
    The Prestige

16. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Seriously - too many to list. There are some that are in double digits!!

17. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

All of those 80's classics I've watched a gazillion times for sure! My list is too long. A recent movie that I watched that I have seen way too many times to count was Major Payne. I have a huge list of musicals too that I have watched over and over again. Oh, another fun one that I gotta mention is Napoleon Dynamite. Really, I could go on and on!

18. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Historically? The original Mary Poppins. I saw it in the theaters back when it first opened (yes, I’m that old. Lol!) and and have been inthralled with it ever since.

Recently it’s been either the Harry Potter series and Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. Miss Pettigrew is just so fun, and it has a stellar cast. Sometimes I just have it on in the background as I go about doing my stuff.

19. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Hubby has Smokey and the Bandit, all of them, memorized. I refuse to watch

20. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

The first movie I saw in a theater was "Babes in Toyland" (1961). My great-aunt and uncle took me and my middle sister to see it.

QuiltyMom likes this.