Polly spot?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by mrs2a50, Jan 23, 2022.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I appreciate each of you who have expressed an interest in a Polly spot. Each year during MOC we have a very difficult decision in choosing our next Polly. This is not a decision we take lightly. We take a large number of factors into account, including the needs of the store at that time, the needs of the Polly team, style of scrapper, forum participation, gallery activity, member interactions, and a long list of additional pieces for consideration. There is no "right" person to become a Polly. I see many of you commenting that you are not "worthy" of a Polly spot, but please know that is absolutely NOT true. The Lilypad has a diverse group of designers creating for a diverse group of scrappers, and our CT needs change all the time. We know that each year, there will be a large number of our community who, while they are happy for who is chosen, are also discouraged that it wasn't them. And because of that, choosing our new Polly is easily the hardest thing Laura and I do here at the Pad. Because each of you are important members of our community. And we don't like to disappoint any of you. Please know that, Polly or not, we appreciate and value each and every one of our community members.

2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I don’t envy you gals and your choices at all. There are so many amazing layout artists - some new, some old, and some unseen gems!! Of course I’d give my right arm to be a Polly, but whoever you pick, I know they will do TLP PROUD!!!!!!!

EHStudios, Dalis, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  3. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I can’t imagine the chats as you determine who and/or what is right for the store not only now but down the road.

There are so many worthy of a spot for many reasons and a hard decision by those that have to make it.

Don’t give up! I have participated in MOC for quite a few years and love how I have been challenged. I get my MOC pages printed into a book every year (note to self, get this years done) and live looking at them.

EHStudios, sm_amber, Karen and 2 others like this.
  4. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I know that it takes a special person to be a Polly. They do so much and they are the nicest people ever, especially during MOC. (ok and all the time). They take time out to do chats and challenges and comment. If I ever had the chance, I would certainly covet the opportunity.

bestcee, Karen and Dalis like this.
  5. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Well said Julie ... !
    I appreciate ALL you and Laura do for TLP and know that you take this task very seriously!!

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Don't get discouraged, it took some of us YEARS to become a POLLY. The needs of the store and the community changes and that opens and closes opportunities, just keep at it!

7. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

What she said. It took me a very very long time.

Karen and Dalis like this.
  8. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

That's what I do! I just keep trying to better myself and keep active. That's all I can do!

Karen and Dalis like this.
  9. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

100% agree ... !

10. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Yes to what everyone has said so far. I do not envy the decision makers on this one.

11. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Couldn't imagine all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes. Bless you and the staff for all your hard work.

12. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Thank you so much for the sweet message, I appreciate so much all what you all do to keep this amazing site that I LOVE.

bestcee, Vrielinkie and cfile like this.
  13. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

I really appreciate the lovely words from @Karen - it's hard to choose from so many great options. I love that @Dalis and @weaselwatchr have expressed that they never gave up, even though it took them a while to become a Polly. I am nowhere NEAR ready to be a Polly, but in my other cardmaking world it took me about 2 years to get onto a team I really wanted to be on and I never stopped believing or creating. Good luck to all who want it and if it doesn't happen this time, be patient, your time will come xx

Kendra, bestcee, Vrielinkie and 5 others like this.