Siblings | Pad Patter 4.10

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Apr 10, 2022.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I just heard on the radio coming home from the movies this afternoon that today is Siblings Day! I sent this to my sister :giggle:
    [​IMG]

I only have the one younger sister. She is 2 years younger than I am. We fought like crazy when we were little! My dad was the master of the over the seat swat in the car when we were fighting in the back seat. When we both got to high school and I could drive her around places we were buddies even though we are totally different personalities. We don't see each other often now, even though I can see her house from mine, mainly because we both stay so busy with kids and grandkids. But we do get together occasionally :)

How about you? Siblings? Are you close? Where do you fall in the birth order?

gonewiththewind and umyesh like this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Only child here. Unless you count the mutt we had from 1965 to 1979. Patches was a real sweetheart and I still miss her all these years later.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I’m glad to hear that my girls aren’t the only sisters who fight like crazy.

I’m the fourth of five kids. I have two older brothers (9 & 7 years older), an older sister (5 years older) and a younger sister (3 years younger). I was closest with my little sister growing up. I talk to my older sister and closest brother the most now.

Updated: This page features a photo of me and my siblings. :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
  4. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

My brothers in May 2019, the last picture of us together. The tall guy to the left is my oldest brother Mike, who died in July 2019 at age 69. We were all in Myrtle Beach together in May when Mike had an auto accident, which is how we learned he actually did have Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer, and his time was limited. In July, he was given 6 months, 6 weeks or 2 weeks to live. He made it one week after the diagnosis. Steve is the middle brother and is still alive. I was very close to Mike and miss him much.
    20190524_173852.jpg

5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm a middle child, although I read that the stereotypes of sibling order don't apply when there are several years between them. My sister is 5 years older than me and my brother is 3 years younger than me. I played much more with my brother growing up. I do have fond memories of playing Rummy and Mastermind and Clue with my sister though, and I enjoyed letting her play hairstylist with my hair. Since I moved across the country from our childhood home, we rarely see each other, but I did see them both (separately) last June when I took a cross country road trip.

6. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Oldest of four girls, although my younger sister wasn't born until after I graduated from high and married. The first three of us were born within 5.5 years, Gayle is nearly 13 years younger than Alison whose 3 years younger than Valerie, who in turn is 2.5 years younger than me.

Valerie (the middle child) and I fought like cats and dogs growing up, we didn't become friends until she had children so in our mid/late 20s. Alison got along with both Valerie and I, she was a good companion to take places when you didn't want to go alone to the mall or wherever.

Gayle is only 19 months older than my son, so she's always been more of a child/niece of mine vs. a sister. Her childhood was WAY different than mine. Not better, just different. And as an adult I appreciate the childhood I had with sisters, grandparents, aunts/uncles and cousins, which Gayle didn't have. She was pretty much an only child, plus mom died when she was eleven.

7. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Not only do I have four siblings, two were born on APRIL 10!! three years apart.

8. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm the oldest of 3. My sister is less than 2 years younger than I am, and it worked out to being 1 grade apart in school so we were close as kids. My brother is 4.5 years younger than I am, and when we were kids that was far enough for me to see him as my annoying little brother. We've lived too far apart for our entire adulthoods to really be close in a friendship way, but we're good as family. I see them 4 or 5 times a year (which is pretty good since I live 6-9 hours away from everyone else in the family) and we would be there for each other or our parents in a heartbeat if something major happened and we were needed. My sister and her family stayed with us last night on their way down to Disney World, and they met up with my brother's family there to vacation together. (My sister lives in New York, my brother lives in Connecticut, and I live in Virginia.) My kids are also a lot older than theirs, which makes it a little hard to do things together. My oldest is 18, and my brother's youngest is 1.

gonewiththewind and jk703 like this.
  9. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

had 3 sisters and 1 brother. brother was out of house when i was born, a stern navy man( he had 2 children, that ended there on lives). my scary sister, disapeared for 20 tears, come back and fought me nail an thumb settling my dads estate, stole alot from his house, she killed herself before estate closed. kay, i grew up with, told my mom too put my downs sister in institute when she was 10( hurt my mom so much, mom lived to be a mom, and karen was a blessing), mom so hard on holidays to work holidays around kay husbunds family. then me, and my baby sister karen (she pssed 7/1/21), i wanted to make sure she had the best life she could ever imagine. we were gardians and i feel honored to have done this for her. Kay hasnt called since told her karen passed. His siblings shun me, as i smoke, and the agoraphobia.
    So I am alone ... But guess, alot alot of family's are like mine... Even though had bad times, I live it again, the way it was
    I had wonderful parents and Karen.... a magical childhood

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I consider myself an only child, but have a step-sister 9 6 years younger) that my father adopted. Because she lived in Germany and I grew up in South Africa - we didn't have a close bond.

11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm so sorry. This is a wonderful last picture!

12. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm an only brat! :P I do have younger aunts and uncles - they are closer to my age than they are to my parents... so I experienced a little. I always wonder how things would have been if I had a sibling!

13. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m an only child as well.

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have one sister who is 16 months older than me. We've always been super close and our kids (we both have 2 boys) are also super close. :) I just got back from a vacation in Mexico with my sister's family.

15. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My mother had 1 brother and 1 sister. She and her sister were extremely close even though they were 4 years apart in age. My parents decided that if something happened to them when I was a child, I would be raised by her sister and husband along with their 3 kids. To this day, those 3 are like my sister and brothers. When Dad died, Sue called me everyday and came early to help me before the funeral since it took several days to get Dad back to Ohio from NC. The youngest son is 9 years younger than me and when I was in college, he came to stay with me for siblings weekend.

Now my dad... he was one of 17 although 2 died as babies and he never knew them. Another one was killed in WWII so I never knew him. I have cousins on that side of the family that I wouldn't know if I saw them on the street. The one family that we were very close to, I don't see as much anymore since they are so involved in their children and grandchildren's lives that live all over the country. I considered those 4 kids my "siblings" on that side of the family. But these days, I'm much closer to the other 3.

16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Twin brother and two younger sisters.
    Growing up I fought with my closest sister who was 2 years younger than me...got along with the others pretty good.
    We all live within 15 miles of each other. See each other almost every week. I wouldn't say we are super close but we get along well and our kids hang out all the time.

17. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I am the oldest of 6 kids. The second child, my brother, died of cancer at age 26. Then I have 3 sisters. The youngest is another brother. So mom had 6 kids in 10 years. She was a busy mom.

We grew up in Michigan. I moved away after college when most of my siblings were still in high school or younger. I live in NC, as does my youngest brother. My parents moved here too when dad retired. My 3 sisters are still in Michigan. I am not particular close to them. They do things together. I probably would be more involved with them if I lived near them.

18. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm the oldest of six.

Anna was born when I was 6. She's the sibling that's the closest to me.

JC is my half brother. He died when he was 2 days old.

Jessica is my half sister and she was born right before I turned 15.

Carl is my half brother and he was born right before I turned 20.

Emily is my step sister and she was born right after I turned 20.

Here's me, Anna, and Carl at Emily's wedding:

278183602_10225239980860847_9025130770946632827_n.jpg

Here's me and Emily:

2022-04-02-(77).jpg

I haven't had a photo with all my siblings together at one time since 2012.

19. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I have one brother who is four years younger. We fought a lot as kids, got closer in our 20s and, sadly are not close at all anymore.

20. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I have one sister Jodi who is 2 years younger. .. we don't get along too well. She is kinda the opposite of me.. she's very ..popular ..needs new clothes yearly and is super out going and friends with everyone ..

Me I'm more laid back..q bit of a hippy at heart and only have a close knit group of friends...

Odd fact though... I was a twin. My twin ister died at birth...

.....my parents has kids late in life ..honestly only wanted one kid...

I always think that even though Jodi wasnt planned she's always been the golden child... she was in sports and all that.. while I was more of a nerd.. drama geek.. so forth... even today I fell as if my parents love Jodi more than me