Out Your Window | Pad Patter 4/14

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Apr 14, 2022.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I’m off today… so I’m laying on the couch at my moms… looking out the window!

Outside I can see and hear some birds, see the blue sky and a few other houses. I see the people as they ride their bikes and others as they walk their dogs. It’s kind of quiet right now here… morning movers mostly. I’m at the beach so it’s very quiet car wise. Calm and quiet.

What’s outside your window?

michelepixels likes this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

It's 6 am and still dark outside so I'm not seeing much. It's still raining and I can hear it as it patters outside my window. We had a strong line of thunderstorms come through after midnight. We're supposed to have rain off and on all day, then a break tomorrow, and then raining all through the weekend and into Monday.

jk703 and michelepixels like this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Well, I have to actually stand up to look out a window but when I do I see houses, trees, birds, squirrels, rabbits and unfortunately at times a chipmunk. Oh, and a couple of streets out the front.

When Peyton gets on the back of the couch to look out the front window, she lets me know anytime someone walks by or any kind of animal is in the yard. Same when she's looking out the sliding door to the patio.

In the evening I can see some pretty nice sunsets through the trees from my office window.

4. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Grey, dull weather. Dead grass, bare trees & snow. I hear some birds, I hope they are singing about spring.

5. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Nothing ... can't even see a window from the "secretarial pool" at my office. It was warm (71°) and sunny when I drove into the office today.

6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Hubby got some men in to trim the trees back into a hedge shape, so it's noisy. Chain saws.
    Not my favourite.

jk703, Memaw2Wm and michelepixels like this.
  7. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

We're up at the cabin for Easter so it's very quiet and I can see the sun glistening off the lake, patches of blue sky and the cedar trees blowing in the wind.

8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Blue skies with some clouds as there is a cold front coming in. It has been in the 80s the past few days. Birds are singing. My iris are starting to bloom. Yay! Pine pollen is done -- bigger yay, but now to clean the yellow off everything.

9. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

So, this is crazy, since I live in the metro Atlanta area, but outside my window are two sheep! My husband arranged to have them dropped off for a couple weeks to eat an area of ivy in our yard. :)

10. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

It is dreary and cool here without a whisper of wind. An ambitious grey squirrel is running back and forth along the fence probably plotting out its next attack on the garden. Everything is turning green and the trees are leafing out. Yay, rah, spring.

11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Sunshine is beginning to re-emerge after a very brief storm. I hear birds chirping too

jk703 and Memaw2Wm like this.
  12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Photos of the sheepies please ma'am! LOL

13. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Right now I just got home from work & let the puppy out to potty- but instead she's rolling around in the grass and IT'S SNOWING... wth!? I'm over snow! We had a beautiful 'false spring' a few weeks ago, but the last week has been cold, windy & a few snow showers.

14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

My backyard with squirrels and bunnies playing and birds flitting about in the warm sun!

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well, normally I'd be at work, but we have today off for Good Friday, so I'm in my dining room office and can actually see out a window. The grass is starting to get green and all of my spring flowers are blooming. Hurray! If I was at work, I have to lean WAY back and look out a small window near the roofline that only shows sky. This is a new office for me, after having a giant window for the last 15 years. I miss my windows! :giggle

16. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Now that's a cool idea ... two years ago I had two pine trees cut down, then spent way too much time pulling up the ivy that had been growing on the hill under the trees (nothing else would grow there).

jk703 likes this.
  17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Well, it's 9pm and we are watching our Friday night movie. We have the windows down and it's dark outside. But if it were light I would see my valley with a chicken coop, a big burn pile of wood, my blueberry bushes...and if it was the morning I would probably see half a dozen deer grazing in my yard.

jk703 likes this.
  18. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Out my living room window, as I sit at my little desk with my laptop, I look across the middle deck, to two tall skinny evergreen trees that are home to 5 or 6 sparrows. I see them flitting about in the trees and occasionally they hop on the porch for a minute. It's pretty quiet here in our cul-de-sac.

jk703 likes this.
  19. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Right now I'm looking at grass that's going to need mowing soon, my swing that got knocked over by the wind, and a branch that needs to be cleaned up. But, I also see blooms starting to form on my honeysuckle bushes and that makes me smile!

jk703 likes this.
  20. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Outside we have a dusting of snow (yes, snow!). The grass is still brown but the birds are coming back from their winter vacation down south. We have ducks and geese (and lots and lots of magpies...not a fan).

jk703 likes this.