Food combos | Pad Patter 3/28

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Mar 28, 2022.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Holy cow!!! March is almost over! Can you believe it? I can’t actually.
    Let’s talk food. Is there a food combination that you like to eat that others would think was strange? My husband likes salt on watermelon. I figured this out when we went to a food festival and he gave me some salted watermelon. I think it’s weird. Not my taste at all. I like grilled provolone and strawberry jam sandwiches. Yes it’s weird but it’s really good.
    How about you? Any weird food combinations you like to eat?

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Mac and cheese with ketchup is one combination I love that people think is weird.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Cottage cheese with sweet pepper jelly on top. Yum!

weaselwatchr and norton94 like this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Chips/fries/cheetos (the puffy ones) with mustard :)

Cherylndesigns and weaselwatchr like this.
  5. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

I grew up with a mix of peanut butter and mayonaise stirred together then spooned over bananas. I had no idea it was "strange" until someone else saw it!

Cherylndesigns and weaselwatchr like this.
  6. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

I can see how provolone with strawberry jam would be yummy! I love a good cheese with a dab of jam or preserves.

I don't think I have any food combination loves that would be considered odd, now that I think about it.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

My hubby always talks of peanut butter, mayo banana sandwiches that he ate as a child! Ewwww! Also, he talks of a banana, lettuce, mayo salad he used to eat. ?!?

Hmmm, I don't know of any weird combo that I eat. I'll have to think about it.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Just tell people you are a secret Canadian. :giggle We eat Kraft Dinner with ketchup always. And really, cheese, noodles, and tomato isn't that weird a combination. It's common in Italian food. :agree

weaselwatchr and Cherylndesigns like this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I do salt on watermelon. It brings out the sweet in watermelon.

We do tomato on grilled cheese sometimes. Peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Ketchup on Kraft Dinner. Gravy on French Fries. "Fry sauce" = mayo, ketchup, and a bit of pickle juice with french fries. Honey with fried chicken. Cream cheese & pineapple on Ritz crackers. Ketchup with grilled tuna/cheese sandwiches.

None of these feel strange to me, so I'm not sure if they are to anyone else? :giggle

Oh! I do like strawberry jam on Scrambled eggs. That one is probably weird. Nick likes ketchup or salsa on scrambled eggs.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I like salt on watermelon. Not all the time, especially if it's a "perfect" watermelon. But if it's not quite sweet enough, adding salt increases the sweetness somehow. Just a little bit of salt though!

I love banana sandwiches. I make them on Bunny bread which is super soft. I spread the mayo and then sprinkle white granulated sugar over that, then place the sliced bananas on top. It's so yummy!

I love toast with peanut butter, sliced apple, and cinnamon, but I don't know if that's weird or not.

I love onion bagels with cream cheese topped with salad olives. SO good!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Nothing too strange I don’t think, it’s hard enough finding food that I can have without adding strange food combinations!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  12. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I want to do this now! Sound delish!

I don't think I have any food eccentricities. Some listed sound pretty good to me, lol! Provolone with jam, sounds like a charcuterie board tea sandwich! I do like salsa on or near eggs, but don't like ketchup on them. I guess salsa might be a little weaker than ketchup in flavoring.

I do like ketchup and horseradish mixed together for burgers or fries. I think that was a Roy Rodgers thing a long time ago.

Maybe fresh hot soft pretzels smeared with a little cream cheese?? (Think bagel but pretzel flavor)

Salt and vinegar on fresh french fries?

weaselwatchr and gonewiththewind like this.
  13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Of course now that you're asking, I can't really think of anything. My mom used to make us cottage cheese with apple sauce, that doesn't seem weird to me, but I remember making that once after I got married and my hubby thought is was crazy. Lol.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  14. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Have to have salt on watermelon and cantaloupe. Vinegar on french fries, especially those shoestring fries from a french fry stand at a fair or festival. And, yeah, I'm one of those pineapple on pizza people.

The best peanut butter sandwich I ever had (and it isn't even on the restaurant menu any more :( ) was at a restaurant in Windermere, FL. It was roasted creamy peanut butter, homemade strawberry preserves, sliced bananas, fresh cut strawberries, chocolate shavings, and chopped roasted peanuts. Yep, I did a layout about it!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  15. Becca Bonneville

Becca Bonneville Oh my God Becky

Not sure if I have any weird food combos or maybe I just don't think they are weird hehe. I will salt watermelon, love peanut butter and banana sandwiches (no mayo for me), love fruit spreads with cheese (especially jam and brie on a cracker), fried bologna sandwiches with cheese on toasted bread, a dill pickle wrapped in a cheese slice hehe, condiments on everything (ketchup on scrambled eggs, ranch or hot sauce on pizza, gravy galore hehe), regular sliced bread with butter and jam on top, plain potato chips on sandwiches (like deli meat, cheese, and chips on top).

weaselwatchr likes this.
  16. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

The perfect peanut butter banana sandwich is made with Skippy Creamy PB topped with banana slices and then Smuckers Red Raspberry Preserves.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  17. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

oh this Canadian can't even look at Mac n Cheese with ketchup on it......same with eggs. No no to ketchup!! LOL

bestcee and weaselwatchr like this.
  18. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I like making grilled cheese sandwiches with strawberry jam on them.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  19. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I like mayo on fries

Also do French onion dip on chicken wings

weaselwatchr likes this.
  20. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

That sandwich sounds great! It may be worth asking if they can still make it for you. There is a restaurant we go to every few years out of state that took something off menu and they always make it for us when we go