Update on my situation....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by A-M, Mar 14, 2022.

1. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thank you for the update Anne-Marie. I’m glad you are safe but so sorry for all you’ve lost. I will keep praying for you.

A-M likes this.
  2. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you and your neighbors are going through this--it's hard enough to lose your home and possessions without the stress of worrying whether insurance or the government will help you rebuild! You're in my thoughts.

A-M likes this.
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

So sorry to hear of this devastation. Glad you are ok but what an ordeal to go through.

A-M likes this.
  4. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I'm so sorry - I had hoped your insurance would take care of you! You are in my prayers.

A-M likes this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm so very sorry Ann Marie! I'm thinking of you and your family! Hoping the move forward is as smooth as possible! It's daunting, but I'm so glad you have family and support available.

A-M likes this.
  6. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

So glad to hear you are safe and well, all be it very tired and worried, this is just tragic, keep us updated if you are able too, sending hugs

A-M likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm glad to hear you are safe and have a place to stay right now. Also, yay for hating ironing and having extra clothes!

I'm so sorry to hear about the devastation and the other worries that come along with that. I hope God has something positive in store for you, and I will keep praying for you. I'm so glad you had helpers show up!

A-M likes this.
  8. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I'm so sorry to hear about this :( Thinking of you and your family!!

A-M likes this.
  9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Oh, Anne-Marie, I'm so sorry for all that you lost. It sounds like you are being positive and have a good plan to get back to normal. I'll be praying that all of it can go as smoothly as possible & with little headache as possible.

A-M likes this.
  10. paula kesselring

paula kesselring Designer

Thank you for the update Anne-Marie. I’m glad you are safe but sorry for all your lost...{{HUGS}}

A-M likes this.
  11. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I really do miss not being active here but it is getting closer to a time that I will be back. We pick up my new laptop next week. From my desktop computer with the flood water went through, they were able to save all my documents and pictures ( lots of photos and all my current digi layouts and products) so I am really thrilled with that. I am typing this post on a friends computer where we are now staying.
    Last Wednesday 23rd we arrived in Toowoomba ( where we moved from just over 8 years ago) to stay with friends who have stated we can live with them for as long as needed. They are easy people to get along with and they have made lots of room in their home for us as their two daughters are grown up and no longer living at home.
    The insurance estimator will be visiting our house on 13th April so hopefully not long after that we will know what direction to take. We are thinking if we end up with enough funds we will buy a unit in a retirement village.
    With being back here in the town I grew up in, yesterday we went out to lunch with my last surviving Aunt to celebrate her 84th Birthday. She is so happy to have us back for now as she has missed us a lot.
    It may not be long until you all see layouts featuring my photos from our life changing event.

Memaw2Wm, bonnenuit, katell and 12 others like this.
  12. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Well, I’m so glad to hear your good news as you deal with the aftermath of the floods. I’m so happy that you were able to retrieve your layouts and photos as those were truly irreplaceable. Good luck with the insurance.

A-M likes this.
  13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

So good to hear from you @A-M Anne-Marie! And I am glad you are finding some joy among all the turmoil! Wishing you the best with insurance!!

A-M likes this.
  14. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Sending good vibes as regarding the insurance. I am happy to hear you are in familiar surroundings,and your friends sounds like truly good people. I hope everything works out for you,and I am very much looking forward to seeing your pages again.

A-M likes this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am so glad to read that they were able to save your photos and layout and supplies and that you have a new laptop on the way AND that you have great friends who are willing to have you stay with them. All great things. Hopefully the insurance news will be good too.

A-M likes this.
  16. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

So glad to hear an update on your situation. And so glad to here that you were able to recover your photos, layouts and supplies, what a relief! And how nice to have such good friends. Wishing you luck with the insurance!

A-M likes this.
  17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

YAY!!! YAY!!!! Happy Dance!!!!

I'm so glad you have another computer coming, and yay for a place to stay that sounds comfortable!

18. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

So glad to hear you were able to save your photos and digi layouts Ann-Marie and that you have somewhere to stay for as long as required. Hoping your insurance company is going to come through for you.
    I know just how long it can take to have repairs done after a flood. We had a flood at our home last July and are still unable to move back in. The insurance company has been good but the restoration people are taking forever to get anything done.

A-M likes this.
  19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

oh Anne Marie!!!! I didn't know! I saw your status update and Sarita found me your thread.... (my neurological issues mean I miss forum posts) I wish I could help...
    Could we, once you are settled and know where you will be, start a Go Fund me page for getting you a lap top? I would be willing if you think you will be comfortable with it.
    You are always in our prayers, but now more than ever.
    Lots and lots of huggzz and, you know you can give us a shout at any time, right?
    All the love, and, like we say in Brazil (and yes, not surprised you had some of my people helping, we are everywhere!!!) we say Deus e Pai- God is Father, lets keep Faith & hope that all will be sorted.
    Huge huge huggzzz

AJK and A-M like this.
  20. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ohhh SOOOOOO Happy you have a new computer coming!!!! above all, so happy you are safe. Hope things keep improving, You are in our prayers with all our heart
    [​IMG]

A-M likes this.