Make up your own holiday 3/26

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by StefanieS, Mar 26, 2022.

1. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

So if you had the power what National Holiday would you make today?

Days already named for today include: National nougat day, wear a hat day, national spinach day, epilepsy awareness wear purple day, Live long and prosper day.

History of make up your own holiday day
    "We hope you are planning your version of Make Up Your Own Holiday Day filled with amusement and excitement. After all, our tiring day-to-day lives, which require us to stay in a constant hustle and bustle, need that extra spice to liven things up. This was the idea that the owners of Wellcat Holidays, Thomas and Ruth Roy, had when they created this holiday.

The Roys are credited with creating about 80 holidays, some of which range from Answer Your Cat’s Question Day (January 22) to More Herbs, Less Salt Day (August 29) — the days come in all shades of eccentric! Having created so many special days, the Roys decided that it would be more fun to let the public decide what they want to celebrate, especially given how different everyone’s likes and dislikes can be. Thus, Make Up Your Own Holiday Day was born on March 26."

I think I would like Live like your cat day!
    Napping, eating, sleeping, cuddling, eating, napping again.

weaselwatchr, jk703 and Sara like this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Um yes, I'm completely on board with this one. Wait! I do this already. LOL Not really, but I do take a nap or two. I just don't sleep for long stretches of time anymore.

Hmmmm, let's see . . . Live Like It's Your Birthday would be awesome. My Mama has spoiled me my entire life, so I love my birthday. She makes whatever we want to eat for dinner, along with dessert. She sets a beautiful table and usually always has a fresh bouquet and/or a tablescape. Then there are lots of prizes (most of them second hand because my sister and I love antiques/older things). I usually take lots of photos with my loved ones. Sometimes a nap is included after dinner.

weaselwatchr, flowersgal and Sara like this.
  3. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

I totally approve of live like your cat day and live like it's your birthday day. Both are lovely and fun.

I like the idea of a send a kind note via snail mail today day or something silly like pretend your life is a musical day.

weaselwatchr and bestcee like this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

If I made up my own day, it would probably be National Water Fight Day. But not today, it'd have to be in the summer. So, how about National Take a Photo with the people in your house Day.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

How about National you must scrap day. Although living like your cat day is really good.

weaselwatchr and michelepixels like this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

"National Do Whatever You Want To Do Day"!!:lol:lol:lol

weaselwatchr and michelepixels like this.
  7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Today could be "National pick up a paint brush day....." I think it is...... yep let's paint ,real or Digital - All day !

weaselwatchr, Karen and michelepixels like this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I like all the above ideas. I don't know that we need another scrap day though. Not only do we have DSD and iNSD, here at TLP we have MOC the entire month of January and also LOD through February and March. I'm a little burned out from so much scrapping. :hide I feel bad saying that -- but I'm absolutely sure I'll be scrapping again soon. I'm considering doing so today!

There probably are some exercise themed days already, but I am not aware of one. If not, I'd declare Take A Walk Day. I love my daily walks and think everyone would too if they just tried it out. :D I just got back from my morning walk. I found a way to make it even longer.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Some great suggestions. Love them all. I may even have to trade my vote for a Live like it's your birthday.
    Can I celebrate mine at Cheryl's house? @gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love the "live like a cat" idea! I couldn't totally get behind that one! :giggle

weaselwatchr likes this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

YES! Come for a visit! :beat:heartlub:beat

Make sure you bring extra clothes that are a size up and/or are super stretchy. My Mama will make sure you gain weight. :giggle

StefanieS likes this.
  12. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

I would do an "All bodies are beautiful and perfect, just the way they are," day, and have every company that profits from telling us that there's something wrong with us and that if we would just open our wallets, they could fix our....

Maybe it could just be National We are All Beautiful day.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I want to jump on the Live Like A Cat Day! (Or my Dog TBH). That sounds perfect!

I'd really like another day off from work, for whatever reason, lol!

Karen likes this.