Animated television | Pad Patter March 7th

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Mar 7, 2022.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Anyone here like watching animated television? Have any favorite series that you watch? Hubby and I watch quite a few animated series. Not sure how we got into them but we often throw them on when we can’t decide what to watch otherwise. Some of our favorites include the Simpsons, Futurama, Bob’s Burgers, the Great North and Disenchantment. I was very happy to learn a few months ago that Futurama will be coming to Hulu with new episodes.

2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Not since I was a kid parked in front of the TV on Saturday mornings watching The Jetsons, The Flintstones, Popeye, Bug Bunny, Yogi Bear, Casper the Friendly Ghost and Magilla Gorilla.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

We watched Avatar: the last air bender, and Legend of Korra on Netflix. The former is amazing; Korra drags a bit but is still good. Other than that I haven’t seen any.

weaselwatchr and AJK like this.
  4. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

We are Simpsons fans but I confess that I've stopped watching the past few years. It's amazing how long that series has gone on. My (teenage) son loved We Bare Bears, so we used to watch that together for a while..

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

At first I was thinking..no, not really. And then I remembered that we *do* watch some animated series. We love Clone Wars and Rebels in our house. We love them so much and they do so much world building for the broader Star Wars universe and now some of the characters have been featured on live action Star Wars shows.

bestcee likes this.
  6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I've always been a South Park fan. It never fails to crack me up!

7. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

There seem to be so many "adult" cartoon shows on TV and I have to admit that I don't watch any of them. They just don't appeal to me.

AJK and HavaDrPepper like this.
  8. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I have always loved The Simpsons, and King of the Hill is probably one of my top 3 shows of all time. The characters are just too good! I actually haven't watched either for years, until recently my teenage son got into The Simpsons on Disney+. It holds up!
    There are others that I watch just because the kids have them on... Phineas & Ferb, We Bare Bears, Gravity Falls, Amphibia.

9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I think the last animated series I've really enjoyed is Bob's Burgers.

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

We watch those too!

And Phineas and Ferb.

Sara likes this.
  11. bestcee

My kid decided to start the Simpsons from episode 1 when Disney+ came out. And he managed to watch the entire series (up to like Season 32 or whatever) in about 2 years. I was shocked.

12. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Don't laugh, but I have a two year old who love Marshall the fire pup on Paw Patrol and I love that show! He also loves monster trucks and Blaze is a really cute show. The other one we like is Bubble Guppies. All have a positive message and they are so cute! When I don't watch the kids shows, I don't watch any animated TV. I am into Crime, Law, mysteries and cooking shows!!!

bestcee likes this.
  13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I don't watch a lot of animated shows, but I do really like Bob's Burgers :)

14. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

That's commitment!

bestcee likes this.
  15. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

NO , just no.....
    nothing that is made after 1975 or so at least LOL
    But I admire animation ,especially in full length movies , Avatar being a favourite.

16. bestcee

Or avoidance. As in avoid mom telling you to do chores and such! :rollin

Lynnette likes this.
  17. bestcee

My 11 year old and I had a movie night to watch the new Paw Patrol movie - because he has been a fan since forever!

We also watched Blaze and Bubble Guppies. And Curious George. I can quote just about every episode and movie!

There's a really fun one that isn't animated called Mighty Machines that uses real machines. He might enjoy that too.

18. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

I am also excited about the new Futurama especially since the entire voice cast is now onboard. My dh not so much. Says it had the perfect ending and doesn't want that messed with.

Also loved The Last Airbender. That show does not get the love it deserves. King of the Hill was huge for me too. 7 Deadly Sins and Carole & Tuesday on Netflix are also good. The original Star Trek animated series is also good.

Then there is Japanese Anime. Rurouni Kenshin was my first love and it is still so good (well the first two arcs) but you have to find the right translation. The Sony one is so bad. Bleach (better in Japanese with subtitles), K-On!, Food Wars, Inuyasha, Hi-Score Girl, Tiger and Bunny, Best Student Council. Another really good one is Fruits Basket. The 2013 version is good but the 2019 version is better. Much darker but really good.

(Yeah, I've watched some animated television. lol)

19. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

The Simpsons went downhill for awhile but they are back on an upward swing in my opinion. It’s nice to have them all on Disney plus. The Maggie shorts are very cute on there.