LOD 2022 | March 7 | Sahlin Studio

Discussion in '2022 LOD' started by norton94, Feb 1, 2022.

1. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Love Our Designers | March 7

FebMarchCalendar2022-3-7.jpg

:heartlub Krista Sahlin aka Sahlin Studio is our designer crush today :heartlub

Today I'm going to show off Sahlin Studio products. If you’re not familiar with Krista's products, check out her store. You can also check out her products in action in her designer gallery. I can actually thank Krista Sahlin for introducing me to The Lilypad, because I was on her CT when she opened her store here! She's such a talented designer and kind person. I'm sure you'll love her too!

If you didn't notice, Krista is a fan of a particular Mouse! She and Britt-ish Designs have long been making amazing "Project Mouse" products to scrap your adventures and celebrate everything fans love about the parks, the characters and the media. Krista scraps her own trips and knows what memory keepers will need, so these kits are amazing! Here are a just a few examples of these products. There are 19 pages of Project Mouse products alone!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Examples all linked to artist's galleries
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Krista also makes tons of other great products! Her products often lend themselves to a clean graphic page and frequently have a vintage feel with unique ephemera pieces and handmade flowers.

Examples all linked to artist's galleries

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Krista's CT hosts a monthly template challenge on her blog. You can download a new free template monthly. Plus one participant wins a $10 gift certificate for Sahlin Studio products!

Krista's blog is also rich with freebies and tutorials, so be sure to explore under the Be Inspired tab! One of my favorite tips I still use every time I have a keepsake photo with too much noise. Seriously explore... there are beginner tips, scrapbooking tutorials, photo editing tutorials, and Photoshop shortcuts! Krista is a great teacher with lots of images to guide the process.

~

I asked Krista to answer some questions for me for today's feature. Here are some of the special things that influence the designs of Sahlin Studio.

Where do you call home?
    Rochester, MN

Who makes up your family?
    My husband Aaron, my two kiddos Sophie (20), Gabe (17), and our newest addition, Luna, a 12lb petite golden doodle or fluff ball.

How long have you been at The Lilypad?
    Goodness it's been about 12 years at TLP!!

Do you think you have a signature style?
    I feel this has ebbed and flowed with me as a designer. It's really changed as my own personal scrapbooking style has changed. When I started out in the industry, I created collections that I needed to fill my own personal scrapbooks. A lot of Disney collections or a particular kit to fit a set of photos that I had. Then when my personal scrapbook moved to pocket scrapbooking, I created more products that would fit pocket scrapbooking, from journal cards to photo overlays. That's the beauty of this hobby!! There is no wrong way to do it, there are so many wonderful ways to document.

What is your favorite product/kit/item you've designed?
    This is SO hard. But I am pretty proud of the Beginnings collection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some examples from her CT - Susanne (sucali) and Theresa (theresa moxley) - linked to galleries
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

What occupies your other time?
    Right now my time is being split between two places. My son is finishing off his high school days but goes to school 2 hours away. So lots of travel time to see all of his concerts and sporting events!!

If I were a color, I'd be...
    White. Love all things white. In my house everything is white

I'm most comfortable wearing...
    leggings and a sweater!!

What 4 items would always be in your refrigerator?
    Greek Yogurt, LaCroix Lemoncello, Apples, Almond Milk

What is your favorite movie of all time?
    Family Stone

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
    Moose Tracks

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
    Iceland. We were planning a trip for our 20th Wedding Anniversary, then of course Covid. Can't wait to finally get here some day!

What's your favorite TV show?
    Gilmore Girls

If you had the opportunity to live abroad for a year would you go?
    Italy. The passion they have for food is so incredible. My husband and I considered renting a house for 6 months or so... haven't pulled the trigger yet.

~

***Krista has a sale today in honor of her feature. No code required!***
    oneday-loveyourdesignersale2-600.jpg

For Love Our Designers today, I chose to use the Project Mouse (Galaxy): BUNDLE because it's perfect to scrap some photos I have from my son and his fiance all dressed up for Halloween!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Project Mouse (Galaxy): BUNDLE by Sahlin Studio and Britt-ish Designs
    Sahlin Studio March '22 Template

Now it's your turn to make a page with (mostly) Sahlin Studio designs. Explore her store and see what irresistible goodies you find. Or shop your own stash! You could even enter the March template challenge in the process!

Please make sure you meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product. Post in the Sahlin Studio gallery and share your page in this thread.

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
  2. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Because I was on her CT for more than a decade... some of my favorite pages of mine are using Sahlin Studio products. I didn't want to hijack the initial post, but here are some of my favorites. Linked for credits in case you need some shopping inspiration!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    sahlink, Iowan, wvsandy and 3 others like this.
  3. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Love Sahlin designs, hope to have a little time to scrap a page. Happy Monday dear @norton94 lots of love :bk:bk:bk

sahlink and norton94 like this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I played along too, I've been playing with the Project Mouse stuff for years and first came to the Pad following Sahlin Studio over here but today I used her Summer and Spring Stories kits and mashed them together to make a page (and a Monday Mash-up blog post that's up on the TLP blog today)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
  5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i love too... never followed the mouse gathering events, but love the real live things in the kits... like office supply :)

[​IMG]

6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thanks Krista for hosting! Love Sahlin Studio designs :) I did a HP page a while ago but chose to do a new page today with a few favorite kits of Krista's.. Blessed, Autumn Frost & Chesterfield!!!
    [​IMG]

sahlink, Lisa B and norton94 like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I just used some of Krista's Christmas goodies for a page yesterday:

[​IMG]

8. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

9. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

10. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

11. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

12. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Her kits are so thoughtful and rich and real!
    [​IMG]

norton94 and sahlink like this.
  13. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

@norton94 I've got my cart loaded but the buy more save more discount doesn't seem to be working. Are the bundles excluded? I've tried both with and without the bundles, but no change. Anyone else experiencing this?

14. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Bundles are excluded and do not count towards the BMSM sale.

norton94 and Lisa B like this.
  15. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

That should be it!! Put them in the cart and the sale should work. Any item that is already on sale will not stack though... so if you have a bundle or a sale item, it won't stack two sales. Does that make sense?

You should see the percentage change in the icon next to the product. Not on the order total.

I hope that helps? If you have a specific product that isn't just let me know. :)

norton94 and Lisa B like this.
  16. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

17. Cath_

what we been watching on dvr

[​IMG]

norton94 likes this.
  18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

This is one of my favorite templates ever.
    [​IMG]

norton94 likes this.
  19. Cath_

oops watched show and spelled all wrong on layout, will fix tomarow

norton94 likes this.
  20. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny