Valentine’s Day | Pad Patter 2/14/22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Feb 14, 2022.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Today is Valentine’s Day!!! Are you doing anything special today? Did you celebrate this weekend? Do you even celebrate it? We are not doing anything special. I also worked all weekend so I am just happy to be home tonite. I did have a heart shaped donut at work so that was the extent of my Valentine’s Day excitement. Although hubby says he wished me a happy Valentine’s Day before we went to bed, but I was sleepy so I don’t even remember, lol. I am quite the catch!!!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
    Cath_ and SeattleSheri like this.
  2. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I'm working to...5 than Eric and I are cooking something for dinner and probably watching Netflix. We don't really go all out for valentines

3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

My Valentines day is already over with me living here Down Under. My sweet husband gave me store bought flowers and we went out for lunch which we bought at a cafe in a little country town and ate it in the park opposite the stores.

4. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Nothing.

Cath_ likes this.
  5. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Hubby got me ❤️❤️ roses and a sweet card and we will have bubbly later. I made him a card. We still aren’t going out much because of Covid.

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Nothing going on here!! For the first time in I don't know how long, I got to come home right after work, so I'm chillin' in my office and everyone else is somewhere else lol Not a bad Valentine's Day :giggle

7. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Mostly just a regular day, but DH gave me flowers and I have a few little things for him, too. We'll do a family dessert after dinner, which we don't usually do.

8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

We've always been hit or miss celebrating Valentine's Day because Olivia's birthday is on the 13th and we were usually celebrating her. This year, she went out of town with her BFF to celebrate her birthday by seeing Kacey Musgraves in concert and doing some other sightseeing around Nashville.

At any rate, it's been a rough February with Piper being so sick (she's back to her normal self now thank goodness!), and we're both exhausted. My back pain has flared up so I'm hobbling around today and in no mood to get ready or go sit in hard chairs at a restaurant or wait in long lines to get into a restaurant. So we said Happy Valentine's Day and gave each other a kiss. Honestly, he spoils me all the time so I don't really need one day of the year to celebrate our love.

Cath_ likes this.
  9. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

mine just as ruined, was doing the valentine layout aand it just disapeared, and no recover when reload.

10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

It was just another day. Hubby sent me a Happy Valentine's Day text while he was out.

11. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I went to Tyler's preschool in the morning to celebrate with his class. We did some crafts, read books and had some treats (in addition to the normal exchange). I also attended a Galentine's event at work to celebrate all of the wonderful ladies in my work life!

We had a special dinner at home with the boys. I cooked shrimp scampi and pan-seared halibut & scallops and served it with all of the fixings, plus a nice glass of red wine. We had tuxedo cake and chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert. Needless to say, I'm going to stuffed for days, lol!

My husband got me flowers, a card and some chocolates and I got him a nice bottle of brandy, mulled apple cider (to replicate a fabulous hot drink we had over the weekend) and a card :heartlub:heartlub

12. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Valentine’s Day is my cancerversary. Since being diagnosed a second time 2 years ago I wasn’t in the mood to celebrate ‘ being clear’.
    Usually I buy myself some tulips or other pretty flowers.

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

We didn't do anything special. We had lunch together with another couple, did errands together, and just hung out all day. It was nice to do everything together, we usually don't, lol!

14. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I spent last weekend with my boyfriend to celebrate Valentine's Day. We got dressed up & went out to eat at a nice restaurant and then came home, got into our comfies, and did our first Adventure Challenge: Couples activity (which was writing a poem together). He made us tons of food, and I got to bring most of it home with me.

I had my kiddos last night & we celebrated by eating all heart-shaped or red food for dinner (grilled cheese sandwiches cut into hearts, tomato soup, & red grapes). I also gave them little heart-shaped boxes of candy like I usually do.