January 31: You are your own work of art

Discussion in 'MOC 10 Challenges' started by mrs2a50, Jan 27, 2022.

1. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

2. nhudao

nhudao Well-Known Member

3. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Thanks for a super fun challenge - and I love the quote!
    [​IMG]

4. Smileark

Smileark Well-Known Member

Thank you for a fun wrap up challenge to MOC.
    [​IMG]

5. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

6. AlyciaIN

AlyciaIN Well-Known Member

Here's my layout for today's challenge. I started with blue paper as that's my favorite color; the paper is also galaxy paper so relates to the space items (astronaut, rocket, earth, telescope, stars) also on the page. The space items relate to my career spanning the USA Space program; also career related are the gears and puzzle pieces for my problem solving skills. I love lambs & sheep so there are several on my page along with a favorite scripture that's related to sheep. The butterfly and dove are reminders of the Holy Spirit and Nature. The cardinal is a reminder of these beautiful birds and a symbol of family who have passed on. The camera symbolizes my love of photography (especially of my family). The books represent my love for reading and continuous learning. The hearts represent love. I used my computer every day at my job (now retired) and continue to use it every day now for genealogy research and digiscrapping. I also love rainbows for their beauty and their promise of hope and commitment from God. I love dogs as well, especially fluffy ones. The flowers represent my love for all flowers and plants and my own little flower garden.
    I also have the required quote from Madonna. I believe that it's my responsibility to use the gifts and talents God gave me to create the person that I am and will be.

[​IMG]

7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

And with this page I have officially completed every challenge. Thank you, everyone, for a great month! :heartlub:beat

In case you can't read the journaling, here it is: A pop icon has said, "I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art." And while I can see what she's getting at, that's not who I am. I believe God has created me and my life is His. We are all unique creatures with different talents, strengths and weaknesses - all the things that make us the people we are. But my faith in Christ means to me that every day he is shaping me, teaching me if I remember to look to him. It isn't about what I'm making myself into, but the person I'm becoming by how I'm using the many gifts and talents that He has given to me, and nothing else matters. It is him, and not me, who is making me into who I am. I am many things, but to put it simply I am his work of art. And I believe that with all my heart.

[​IMG]

flowersgal likes this.
  8. elwaechter

elwaechter Dances with Fairies

Initially, I thought I would do a quick and simple layout. Ha! That's not me at all - and once started there's no way I could tone it down! So here's complicated Me.

I often go around with my head in the clouds – both a good thing and a bad thing (white clouds/dark clouds). Much of my work is whimsical (birds) and I am open to adventure (balloon) as well as play kite). I grew up in a musical family and don’t know what I’d do without music in my life (note scatter)! I love the beach (surf & sand) – and coffee (mug)! The emoticons represent my lifelong struggle with depression controlled with an abundance of meds. So far so good! I’m a work in progress (sign). And of course, you should all know by now there are paw prints all over my life!

[​IMG]

9. Monica Moriak

Monica Moriak Well-Known Member

10. BLKinOR

BLKinOR Well-Known Member

11. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Thank you to everyone who has completed a page for this challenge. This challenge was less about the quote, and more about asking you to use scrapbooking to express how you view yourselves. I think everyone has done that in whatever way they are comfortable with, and I applaud each of you for that. I love that many of you began with a "vision" for what your page would look like, and then went in a completely different direction - that is art. I have not yet begun to comment, but I will do so soon. Every single one of these pages is beautiful and worthy, just like each of you.

G.J., bellbird, flowersgal and 3 others like this.
  12. aballen

aballen Don't make me break out the milk

13. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

[​IMG]
    • white stitched background paper: mostly clean and simple but a little messy; a heart for the love I have to give; white for the peace I strive for
    • photo blended into the background, light shadows: I don't like to be the center of attention
    • everything in one corner: I like order
    • mostly oranges, blues and silvers: my favorite colors (NEVER give me gold)
    • sequin scatters: I'm a bit scattered; I like a little sparkle
    • elements spaced out: I like my own space
    • pi symbol: I love math and pie
    • water: my drink of choice; the glass is always half full
    • popsicle, grapefruit and candy: a few of my favorite things
    • crown: I have divine worth
    • softball: I love playing sports and watching my kids play sports
    • music notes: I love lyrics and music
    • home: I love to be home with my family
    • dolphin: I love dolphins and manatees and whales
    • font: my own handwriting is unique to me; I am unique; I have stories only I can tell.

14. Sharon-Dewi

Sharon-Dewi Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for this awesome challenge! It's a perfect last challenge for MOC10!
    I tried to create a layout that visually says the following about who I am:
    From the outside people always perceive me as very calm, quite, composed, a bit shy and a real introvert. However, there's always a lot going on on the inside and people who are close to me and really know me know that I can be busy at times, can talk a lot in one-on-one conversations and sometimes have an extrovert side to me as well.
    Creativity fills my heart and mind and I get inspired by everything that surrounds me.

[​IMG]

15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I am internally messy (paint), I'm all the word art - especially hangry. I'm layered (papers), I'm fairly plain (Strip paper) but I do have a touch of finesse and pizzazz (gold paper). I've struggled with expressing myself over the years, but have finally gotten to the point where I'm better at that. I'm a "let's go" person at heart. Kudos if you notice the subtle organization to my page. Because that's also me.

[​IMG]

16. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

17. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I really enjoyed this challenge, I picked
    Glasses - I have worn glasses since I was 12 so they are part of me
    Books - I am a massive reader
    Cup - Caffeine addict
    Pencil - I am forever making lists and notes
    Plants - I love nature, anything green
    Film roll - I have a foundation degree in photography and love taking photos
    Mum button - I am a mum, was a single mum for many year
    Butterflys - for metamorphosis, I can easily adapt to change
    Staying up late - always been a night owl
    Hearts - because I love with all my heart, and wear my heart on my sleeve
    Hair - hidden behind paper because I am a introvert

18. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

19. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

20. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Thank you, Julie, for starting us off and wrapping it up so beautifully this year. Here's the meaning of mine:

PRAYING STAMP: God and a strong prayer life always come first.
    UNION JACK HEART: I'm an Anglophile at heart.
    CUP: I'm an avid coffee & tea drinker.
    BOOKS: Bibliophile
    MUSIC NOTE: Music lover
    SCISSORS: I've been a crafter (artist, memorykeeper, etc.) since I was a small child.
    RAIN CLOUD: Pluviophile
    DESIGN: I'm attracted to graphic art in design, and this raspberry shade of red is one of my favorites.

[​IMG]