January 26: Remembrance or Tribute Layout

Discussion in 'MOC 10 Challenges' started by bcgal00, Jan 21, 2022.

1. lorieh

lorieh Well-Known Member

Thank you for the challenge. I'll be honest, every MOC my shoulders rise to my ears dreading the journaling challenges. But despite dreading it, each year I'm happy that the challenge pushed me to record memories that need to be recorded for my family. Without the push, it is likely those memories would never be recorded. So thank you.

Word Count: 487
    [​IMG]

crazsquaw, mrs2a50 and bestcee like this.
  2. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

In German 325 words, translatet 315 words. Translation is in the credits.

[​IMG]

crazsquaw and bestcee like this.
  3. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

This is both a remembrance and a tribute layout. 412 words.

[​IMG]

crazsquaw and bestcee like this.
  4. slfam

slfam Chocolate or vanilla? I can't decide!

304 words
    [​IMG]

crazsquaw, CaroRen and bestcee like this.
  5. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

words: 710
    translation in the gallery

[​IMG]

bestcee, ArmyGrl and crazsquaw like this.
  6. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

7. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

334 words. Journaling in credits.

[​IMG]

ArmyGrl and crazsquaw like this.
  8. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

Thank you for suggesting a place! I really enjoyed this one :).
    [​IMG]

ArmyGrl, crazsquaw and sharonb like this.
  9. Ruthe14

Ruthe14 Branch Manager of my family

431 Words
    [​IMG]

ArmyGrl and crazsquaw like this.
  10. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Phew! 300 words is a stretch when you´re NOT a journaler - but I made it!!! I left a translation in the gallery credits. There are 305 words in English and 326 words in Swedish:
    [​IMG]

11. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

12. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

A remembrance of a time during the last days of my husband's life. He finally got to see daylight after nearly 3 months in the hospital.
    Word count: 351

[​IMG]

13. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

14. Anny-Libelle

Anny-Libelle Show me the way to the Misty Mountains

Words: 463
    [​IMG]

Translation with google translate:
    My friend Marion “Bildermäusel”

I met you through a small online photo and graphics forum I was invited to after contributing graphics I made to a website. All members were friends of photography and digital graphic design and photo editing. I quickly found out that we both work with the same graphics program and like to implement creative ideas and give each other lots of tips. You not only gave out a lot of praise, but also constructive criticism of the various works. I could also talk about your pictures.

Your opinion was always very important to me and after you asked me about various things that also related to your professional projects in the creative photo and graphics field, I knew: you valued my opinion just as much. We were both able to develop together.

We found out that we didn't live that far apart, so one day we met in person. You invited me to your home. How nice it was to get to know you!

The mutual sympathy was there from the first moment. Together we discovered our beautiful Dresden photographically and talked about God and the world. Our following meetings were also great and the time always flew by. Whether at the wine festival or at the Christmas market, we enjoyed the hours together. We talked on skype and continued to exchange creative ideas. So passed more than 10 years. We were very close now. I liked your calm and warm manner so much and I had you firmly in my heart.

When my son got married in 2016, you were very excited about the photos. The day I was finally able to email them to you, you received a diagnosis that worried you a lot and you couldn't really show any interest in the photos anymore. A few days later it was clear. A malignant tumor was found. But you were a fighter and started treatment immediately.

We kept in touch, you weren't well but you were always positive and always ended your texts with a smiling smiley. When your husband called me in mid-December and said that you were in a palliative care unit and that they were expecting the worst any day, I couldn't believe it. Two days later we lost you forever.

There was only an incredible two and a half months between the diagnosis and the day you died. You weren't even allowed to take up the fight against cancer and you already lost it. Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to say goodbye to you anymore and that still hurts me. I miss you endlessly, my friend. But I have such beautiful memories that comfort me. You were a part of my life for a while and I am eternally grateful for that.

15. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

Here's my page. It's pretty simple in order to get all the words on the page.

[​IMG]

bestcee and crazsquaw like this.
  16. carolinadjb

carolinadjb Well-Known Member

389 words[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    crazsquaw likes this.
  17. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I went on a tangent but it still fits the challenge...I just couldn't do sad today!
    [​IMG]
    Credits:
    Little Butterfly Wings:
    "For a Little While": flowers, star
    "Life is: Feeling Grateful":word art, paper cuts
    "M3 April 21 ADDON": paint
    "M3 July 21 ADDON": writing
    "Mentally Elsewhere":word art
    "Ex Libris": button
    "My Hero": background paper

Journaling: 343 words
    I would make a bet that most of the people reading this page will not know who Willis Carrier is, or why I hold him in such great esteem. There are so many things in modern life that we take for granted - so many inventors, so many things that make our lives so much more comfortable than in the past. Just in the last hundred years or so, we have seen great strides in the world of technology, cars, trains, airplanes, electricity, nuclear energy…the list can go on and on.

Enter Mr. Carrier. His invention has probably saved countless lives. It makes life bearable in the hotter regions of the world. It makes places livable that otherwise would not have been. Have you figured it out yet? If not, here goes:

Willis Carrier was responsible for inventing the modern Air Conditioning system! Now can you see why, a person living in the desert, feels the need for a great tribute to this man? He’s right up there for me!

Every morning that I wake up and I hear that click of the condenser come on, and the cool fresh air come out of the vents, I am well aware of how grateful I am for air conditioning. When I head to bed and know that I will be comfortable over night without opening my window and sticking a fan in the window so that I can breathe at night, I thank God for Mr. Carrier.

He has truly made my life better. I don’t do well in the heat, and his invention has made me able to live my life without the worry of overheating. I can drive places I wouldn’t normally be able to go to.

You may think I’m exaggerating, but if you live in the desert, air conditioning is a life saver. You too, will become a Willis Carrier fan, and you might even throw up a prayer of thanksgiving to God for him being born, and for his intelligence to figure out the mechanisms of an air conditioner.

18. Erin Taylor

Erin Taylor Well-Known Member

19. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

My Dad, My Rock
    [​IMG]

bestcee, crazsquaw and threadjungle like this.
  20. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth