If You Were Hosting...?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by EHStudios, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

Oh I love a lot of the ideas!

I love technique challenges so might want to do something with that.

Other idea: combine ideas from 3 previous MOC 2022 challenges.

With prices skyrocking everywhere: Money money money! Real money, a creditcard, the kids playmoney or maybe bills or receipts. Scrap your heart out! (Love to see all the different valuta in each country)

Wrinkles are beautiful! Make a beautiful layout about someone (old) you like(d). Some journaling here...

Karen likes this.
  2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Yep, you did! And I think I coulda adhered a bit more to the color...LOL!
    [​IMG]

SeattleSheri likes this.
  3. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I hear you Bev! I too have 4 adult son's and would love to see some kits out there for those that have men in our lives that we love. When they were teenagers I remember searching out kits that would work for them. And not themed as Fishing/hunting/sports. could be everyday theme just using more guy patterns/elements.

4. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

- a photo treatment challenge
    - tell a story with photos
    - pocket style/ traveller notebook style challenge
    - border challenge
    - journaling challenge with a prompt
    - photoless journaling challenge
    - Siggy challenge
    - B&W and one color challenge
    - clean scrap with a dark background
    - scrap an old family photo .. or scrap a photo without people or an abstract photo
    - scrap a page in a row - column

EHStudios, michelepixels and Karen like this.
  5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

It is hard! I even have trouble making a list of what those elements might be - but I know them when I see them.

Karen likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This is awesome! I love seeing everyone's ideas! Maybe we should host an event with a lottery, where YOU guys make the challenges one year! :D

DivaMom96, londoncuppa, AJK and 3 others like this.
  7. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

I don't know about that :hehe, but if someone wants to make this into a list for After-MOC-blues or Keep-the-MOC-mojo-alive, that would be great! LOL :heartslub

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

So many fantastic ideas in this thread! I'm taking notes! :D

That makes sense. I remember for my first MOC in 2016 I mostly just used Pink Reptile Designs' Love The Life You Lived.
    There was another challenge at some point, maybe a MOC, maybe a monthly challenge, I don't remember, but I do remember I added to the challenge myself by trying to use an item from each designer in the store at that time. I'm usually a multiple kit scrapper anyway, so it was fun. :love

Monochrome is a good challenge, but I like getting more choices in color, so thanks!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  9. michelepixels

This would be so fun!

10. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I have no idea when or where I did this, but I once participated in a really fun template challenge. The template designer gave us the pieces of the template, but they were all stacked up at the bottom of the layout. We had to place them where we wanted them and then scrap a page with our version of the template.

I'd be all over than challenge! My sons are 15 and 18. (My husband hates to be in photos, so I don't get to scrap him that often.) For years when my oldest son was little he hated to have flowers and other "girl" things on his layouts. I don't think he cares anymore, but I'm already in that mindset and that's how I scrap my male-only pages. All bets are off if one of them is in a photo with me or my daughter--then I embrace the flowers!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    londoncuppa likes this.
  11. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I'm an extraction kinda gal! Love to see things taken out of one photo and put in a whole different world of fantasy!
    the bobble head challenge (pure original and wow) is such a fun one, and would love to see a full on fantasy page perhaps with a background freebie of a few papers, and you create the scene?

AJK, mcurtt, Cath_ and 1 other person like this.
  12. michelepixels

This would be fun!

13. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I second that! This would be fun. Difficult to "judge." So I'm thinking folks would have to be clear in their description what was used where. But seriously, this is such a creative take to using templates.

14. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Really fun thread!!

AJK likes this.
  15. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

I'd go for a technique or a design element. Mosaic, danglers, stitching from this year are my faves, or torn title, deep shadows, title in a shape form last year... These are things most of us don't think of when scrapping a page and it gives a sense of accomplishment, of knowing you learned something new today - and nailed it too. But we need lighter challenges too - just for fun, something that doesn't require too much pondering, because life doesn't stop and we do fall behind and need a breather to catch up.

My challenge would be - create a custom-shaped assymmetrical text box for your journaling - not a neat square, rectangle, circle etc, but fit your text - several sentences - in between your elements, or wrap it around them, or just have it cascade down the page in an eye-pleasing way.... - okay, I've just realized wording the challenge is a challenge in itself...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    SeattleSheri likes this.
  16. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

How about a refresh on challenges from MOC 1 through MOC 3 for those members that were not around 7 to 10 years ago? Especially since the forums are no longer available to see what the challenges were back then. Choose a few of the challenges and add a twist to it or freshen it up a bit.

17. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

I have lots of photos, so fit as many photos as you can into a page! lol Or just get a page done in a project that you have been wanting to get to, with really loose direction. About mid-way through. Sort of a breather day, but still getting a page done.

18. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Hmm, well it wouldn't be clean and simple, nor technical, nor a needs a new photo one.

Probably a style/product use - clustering, scrap around the edges (I'm loving the style/product challenges we have had so far) OR a journal from the heart one. Scrapbooking is a serious form of therapy for me and I have no hesitation in sharing my innermost thoughts.

Oh, scraplift a paper page as well, I have hundreds saved to my Pinterest board and browse for inspiration frequently.

19. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

I love technique challenges! @FarrahJobling always has fun MOC challenges and they are usually based on a new technique.

If not a technique, then it would be a photography challenge. I loved the mirror challenge last year where we had to take a photo that was a reflection in a mirror. Things that make me think outside the box.

20. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

Talking for myself only:
    More than one journaling challenge is too much (thanks for only one this year). You can't make someone a journaler if they are not one!
    My goal each year is to get layouts done that get printed in scrapbooks and to learn new techniques.
    A fun challenge would be a "use it all" challenge where everyone has to use the same items for their layout. That's always fun to see what others do with the same things and I've learned a lot from these.
    There's usually a temp smash-up challenge. How about a scraplift smash-up of two "certain" layouts or any that you want to lift from the gallery. That would be interesting.
    A layout of your home or the room you spend the most time in or your computer set-up, the view from one of your windows, a typical day/schedule that you have or follow, something you couldn't live without, your favorite shoes or clothing or fav childhood memory, car that you drive or dream car that you'd love to have, pet peeves, fav author or movie. I could go on but that would be nauseum. :)
    One more suggestion. Have you ever considered doing a scrapbook weekend where you stay in a hotel and reserve one of the small convention rooms to scrap in all weekend? I have done that with other groups and stores and it was an absolute blast. There's something about meeting people in person that binds you together. It's a lot of work to organize, but it's ever so fun. I've done ones in Seattle, WA, Dallas TX, Los Angeles, CA, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL. Places that have major airports where people can fly into. I'd go as long as it's in the states. :)
    Thanks to all for another fabulous MOC.